Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gower

What does he supposedly bring to our side?

Comments

• Options
    Oh god
  • Options
    Nothing today that I noticed.
  • Options
    Kicking, heading, sometimes some chesting
  • Options
    humour
  • Options
    pace loads of it
  • Options
    I think he would work better in a team that likes to pass it, but that team isn't us!
  • Options
    Flair
  • Options

What does he supposedly bring to our side?

He's a renowned water colourist apparantly.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I've only seen the 'Boro game so far so can only go on that. He was the only midfielder that 'Boro were obviously worried about. His movement off the ball was decent and on a few occasions they made sure they blocked him off and even took him out completely which was missed by the officials. Worked hard and broke up attacks at times. Passing was mostly poor but then so was everyone's and he was at least trying to play through balls..
    I think there's potential there but it's going to depend on who's beside and in front of him and how they're playing.
  • Options
    JT said:

Flair

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Exactly what I was after
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

I think there's potential there but it's going to depend on who's beside and in front of him and how they're playing.

Yeah, he's only 35 after all.........................................;-)
  • Options
    Not one of the manager's best moves - but would be a mean operator in the Veterans league!
  • Options

DRAddick said:

Yeah, he's only 35 after all.........................................;-)
    Good enough for Lisbie :-)
  • Options
    Think he would be better in a 5 man midfield.
  • Options
    KL in tier 3 and NA maybe a 7 man midfield ;-))
  • Options

Think he will be better in another teams midfield. Looks shockingly poor. Every other midfield player we have is a better player then him.
  • Options
    Flower-Power.
  • Options
    Shower-Gower
  • Options
    Nick he is just one of poor tier 2 midfielders!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nicholas said:

Think he will be better in another teams midfield. Looks shockingly poor. Every other midfield player we have is a better player then him.
    Sounds a bit over the top but what do I know?
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Is Danny Green the exception that proves the rule ?
  • Options
    Think you had better rethink that comment Nick
  • Options
    JonnyK said:

Think you had better rethink that comment Nick

Re think that comment lol, what is that supposed to mean

Jackson, Stephens, Hollands, Cousins and Hughes are all better then him.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Reminds me of Matt Holland in the sense that he can look good when there are better players with energy around him (Scott Parker) but is not good enough or physically robust enough to be the main man.

For me he is a squad player at best. Jackson, Pritchard, Harriott and Cousins would be my first choice 4 from the current squad.

• Options
    He needs someone to do the donkey work for him. Won't work with Jacko or Stephens and Hughes doesn't quite have the legs to support Gower fully. Will be interesting to see how he does with Cousins if they get given a start together. Rather see Jacko and Cousins though. That's a midfield two I could enjoy.
  • Options
    Sorry forgot about Pritchard as well
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Jackson, Pritchard, Harriott and Cousins would be my first choice 4 from the current squad.

Not a dig Len (genuine question), but have you seen enough of Cousins to put him in there?
  • Options
    edited August 2013

LenGlover said:

Jackson, Pritchard, Harriott and Cousins would be my first choice 4 from the current squad.

Not a dig Len (genuine question), but have you seen enough of Cousins to put him in there?
    No I've not seen much of him but enough to know that he has more pace and energy than the likes of Gower, Stephens and Green. Lack of energy in midfield was all too evident against Middlesborough. Cousins also has the welcome quality of not being a midget too, unlike many of our players, which can help at set pieces.

The rationale of my first choice four is this: Jacko has a wand of a left foot and an eye for goal, Harriott has the ability and energy to do the unexpected, Pritchard will do the Kish job and cover every blade of grass and Cousins appears to have the potential and energy to support the others as well as adding a bit of flair himself.

Gower has something to offer perhaps with the right blend around him but Stephens and Green have both flattered to deceive for too long as far as I am concerned.

I
  • Options
    I've only seen Gower in the last match of the season, so cannot comment on his performance or ability but I thought the mantra on here was "In Powell we trust!" Or will Gowers purchase now be something else blamed on the bored?