Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arsenal V Villa

Comments

• Options

Arsenal fans are embarrassing.

Add to that Liverpool and Newcastle fans. Probably the three most deluded sets of supporters in the entire universe
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Arsenal fans are embarrassing.

Add to that Liverpool and Newcastle fans. Probably the three most deluded sets of supporters in the entire universe
    I'd agree with that. In fact I'd go further, because Liverpool and Newcastle fans are also convinced that they are indisputably the "best fans in the world". At least Arse fans aren't guilty of this.
  • Options
    Sooner the Arsenal fans realise they are not title contenders, then the less stress filled they will be.

They celebrated they got 4th place last season like they won the league, sums it up.

The fans are really amusing though, I can't hate something I feel pity for. £60 to see that shambles, nice.
  • Options
    For REAL sad fans, see chelsea this afternoon with their home made banners.
    I'm cringing just seeing the cut out newspaper letters stuck on card "supporting" their "special one".
  • Options
    I was at The Emirates yesterday (fortunately as a guest - not paying). The fans I spoke to all feel they are going to struggle this season with the obvious lack of new players. Even shareholders and season ticket holders are very vocal about the failure to bring any class players in. They are very lightweight as a team and are easily bullied off the ball and need some muscle and leadership on the field. They are more frustrated by having money available and not buying players than we are by not having the money in the first place.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The problem is Arsenal have tried to spend this season but it isn't about just throwing money at it - they need to buy players who will improve them and those players are often wanted by other clubs who they may feel have a better prospect of winning things. Another option is to look at one or two non Arsenal type players who might give them another domension.

If I was Wenger I would have bought Darren Bent. But he is now considered to be at the sub Arsenal level with Palace and Fulham going for him. But Arsenal need a goal scorer and they do have the quality to play to his strengths. It's horses for courses and I think Bent would suit them more than Suarez!!!!! Mind you, most will think I'm mad and the only way to prove me right isn't going to happen!
  • Options
    They've tried to spend ?
  • Options
    Yes they have -this season - but have been selective and not got their targets.
  • Options

If I was Wenger I would have bought Darren Bent.

Glad he never, I like Darren Bent!
  • Options

Yes they have -this season - but have been selective and not got their targets.

Ah right. I think they've made speculative bids, but probably just to keep the fans happy. If they were serious about spending they would have secured Higuain (sp) rather than quibbling over a few million.

So far they've literally spent nothing in transfer fees and yesterday it showed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What are the odds on AW in the sack race? Might be worth a little flutter
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

What are the odds on AW in the sack race? Might be worth a little flutter

10/1 on BetFair right now
  • Options
    Can't see him lasting past Stoke (22nd Sep) if the results continue the way they're going.

Might have a score on him to go by end if Sep...
  • Options
    Wenger would never get the sack, they'd just run down his contract and maybe force some new players onto him at the end of the window.
  • Options

Wenger would never get the sack, they'd just run down his contract and maybe force some new players onto him at the end of the window.

Eh?
  • Options
    ......I just spent 50 quid saying he would on everyone's say do! Ffs

; )
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

; )

LOL
    Don't get the anti-wenger camp.
    Would have loved him to manage Charlton.
    They had a bad day at the office on Saturday............2 goals given away from pens.
    It happens.

• Options

BIG_ROB said:

; )

LOL
    Don't get the anti-wenger camp.

Would have loved him to manage Charlton.
    They had a bad day at the office on Saturday............2 goals given away from pens.
    It happens.

Look at the bigger picture Abs, 7 seasons of nish
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Eh?
    He has a year left on his contract, they'd probably rather let him see that out than sack him.
  • Options
    When arsenal were in there hey day a few years ago there were loads travelling up from the south coast, they usually gave it large to any charlton brentford QPR fulham fan who got on the train on the way up to london...you dont see any of them now or if they are they arnt wearing the co;lours like they used too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That first bloke will be suicidal if they lose 2 on the spin. He was close to tears, sad twonk.
    Wheres the sport or game if you expect or know you're going to win just because you're one of the Sky 6?
    If they get rid of Wenger they will get another coach in, (there be no shortage of people for that gig),but it dont follow the next chap will be better. As we all know.
  • Options
    The Indonesion fella was as camp as a row of tents.
  • Options
    We are not that much different with people panicking and saying we are certs for relegation with a pretty similar strength squad to what finished 3 points off the play offs. I think it's what fans do.
  • Options
    But at least we understand, as frustrating as it is, why we haven't strengthened our squad. With them it just doesn't make any sense. This evening Arsenals Hon. Vice President Nina Bracewell-Smith has been tweeting about how much she regrets selling to Kronke. Not sure if she's had a glass of wine as its turned into a bit of a rant.
  • Options
    Not that I think much if him either, but give a 200million budget to Jose to build on what they've already got at Arsenal. There'd be a much more positive feel about the place. But I'm sure Arsene knows what he's doing! ; )
  • Options
    Gooners giving it large !!! years back in the St Martins we came back from an away game and there were a few GoonerTossers in there. Clearly not realising how many Charlton had just walked in. One tosser at the bar was really giving it large with his mates---------when i asked him what he thought was so funny about CAFC ? his face was a picture---his whole world dropped out of his underwear this may well have had more to do with all the growlers standing behind me rather than myself ! a few nano seconds and this tosser decides to tell me he "used to be Charlton and he had a Charlton tattoo!!" FFS. They left very very quickly.
  • Options
    i am so happy they lost, i cannot stand there fans easily some of the most deluded people in the world there like sheffield wednesday and millwall "were a big time club - we should be finishing 4th every season - we dont care about tottenham yet we will celebrate immenseley when we finish above them "
  • Options
    Fascinating thread which reminds me of the recent one comparing football fans with cricket fans etc. It reinforces the difference between friendly banter (say between cricket fans) and what could be construed as a touch of real bitterness (polite version) from some football fans toward others.

Here we have two fellas exhibiting some real passion about their club and what they perceive to be the mess (relatively) it's in. Like a lot of people who are passionate about something, they are perhaps a little blinkered when it comes to expectation (I seem to recall the 'playoff' shouts from some on this forum last year), but nonetheless they are passionate, loyal and dedicated to the extreme.

What amazes me is that it is unlikely that anyone on here knows them and yet some of the comments (insults?) directed toward them is just dogs abuse. Don't get me wrong, it would be no different from a load of Gooners generalising about Spurs fans who they don't know, or Man Utd to Liverpool etc etc.

Maybe I am going soft in my old age (46!) who knows? Maybe 28 years in the mob working and dealing with a variety of cultures, religions, nationalities and 'football fans' has had a long term psychological effect, who knows? Maybe I still have a soft spot for Arsenal after being taken to Highbury as a 9 year old in 1976 for my first ever game, who knows? What I do know is that 'People are People' and sadly, for whatever reason, that ain't always nice.
  • Options
    I wasnt being abusive i said there deluded, unfortunately every single arsenal fan i know is completely deluded about how good the club is and thats all i can go on, its a bit like if you came out of charlton and a load of doncaster fans were throwing bottles and generally misbehaving, majority of people would think all doncaster fans are absolute assholes.
  • Options
    It used to be a battle between United and Arenal at the top. Then Chelsea and Citeh had their millions to throw in the Transfer market........almost unlimited at times. Arsenal found it hard to compete. The fact they are still a Top 4 Club is all credit to Wenger. I don't particularly like them, their fans or Wenger, but am full of respect. It was only about 4 seasons ago that virtually the whole nation was applauding the bard of football they played. Are they the only Club that hasn't played outside of the top Division?