Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton U21 v Palace U21

Nice to see a few of us Charlton lot get down there and support the Lads...

Wednesday 28th August Kick Off - 2pm

Be nice, Especially that its a local Derby, COYR!

Comments

• Options
    At Sparrows Lane, Charlton Training Ground, If you didn't know :)
  • Options
    1-1 at HT. Munns
  • Options
    1-1 FT
  • Options
    Phillips, Holmes-Dennis, Lennon, Osborne, Fox, Gerard, Poyet, Jordan, Munns, Azeez, Sho-Silva
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

1-1 at HT. Munns

A debut goal against Palace - hero !
  • Options
    FT 1-1. Gerard Sent Off in the last few mins
  • Options

1-1 FT

Can't even beat the bastards at this level!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

shirty5 said:

1-1 at HT. Munns

A debut goal against Palace - hero !
    this >>> BUT <<< how long will the young man have to wait for his first team debut?
  • Options
    only one goal on his debut? what's the point in signing him?
  • Options
    Munns and Holmes were the standouts for me today. Looked the likely winners for most of the 2nd half but after the sending off (have no idea what for as an off the ball incident when we were on the break on the opposite side of the pitch) we were indebted to Phillips in goal and lucky to hang on after a succession of corners.

Azeez going backwards I am afraid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Just back and bb has it spot on.

Euell and Hart not at all happy with the sending off and let the Ref know.

Munns is a lovely passer of the ball, but not the right height.

Lots of players there and saw Gritty, Alan Cork too. Who does Cork work for now?

Would be nice if the canteen was open, boiling over there today.
  • Options
    A very even game, to use the old cliche,a typical local derby with few chances.Palace took the lead with a well worked goal. A cross was volleyed into the net from ten yards.Charlton equalised when a shot was saved by the Palace keeper and it came out to Jack Munns who rifled home. Sho Silva had a great header brilliantly saved by the Palace goalkeeper. There were few chances and a draw was a fair result. Harry Gerard was sent off and I haven't a clue what for.
  • Options
    That was an exceptional save from Phillips. Bullet header bound for top corner, and half a yard behind him as he clawed it out. We had comfortably the best of possession without quite finishing it off. Thought both full backs did well and Munns was energetic and skilful. No idea what happened with Gerard but he hadn't been any trouble prior to that and the lino who reported him was fair and reasonable with the players most of the time. With ten men for about 15 mins the boys dug in well and should really have nicked it through Azeez.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Lots of players there and saw Gritty, Alan Cork too. Who does Cork work for now?

If that is a serious comment .. there is always room in a midfield for one 'little un' so long as there is a 'big un' alongside. Gower, Cousins, Harriott .. are all quite small .. yes .. I KNOW ability is essential, but someone who can power past opponents as well as put plenty of beef into a tackle is essential in our division. Stephens and Jackson would be the best bet alongside (say) Munns, but where would that leave Cousins, Gower and the little lads? .. also, Jackson is getting no younger or fitter and Stephens? .. an enigma to say the least
  • Options

If that is a serious comment .. there is always room in a midfield for one 'little un' so long as there is a 'big un' alongside. Gower, Cousins, Harriott .. are all quite small .. yes .. I KNOW ability is essential, but someone who can power past opponents as well as put plenty of beef into a tackle is essential in our division. Stephens and Jackson would be the best bet alongside (say) Munns, but where would that leave Cousins, Gower and the little lads? .. also, Jackson is getting no younger or fitter and Stephens? .. an enigma to say the least
    Cousins isnt small. Must be about 6 ft!
  • Options
    seeing him play, he is 'chunky' .. wiki has him @ 5' 9+1/2"
  • Options
    Got back. Munns got better as the game progressed, but he does make Solly look like Cyclops. The Palace keeper made some really good saves as the game developed and we began to get on top. Our keeper saved well when we went down to 10. I suspect the sending off was for verbals agaist the lino, but don't know for sure.
    Stand out players for me were Munns, Holmes Dennis, and Harry Lennon. We had the edge and might have nicked it but for the dismissal,
  • Options

Yep he is tall. Looked massive v Donny.

Club handbook has him as 6ft 1.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Yep he is tall. Looked massive v Donny.

Club handbook has him as 6ft 1.
    with or without stilts ? .. if he is that tall I'd be surprised .. but what's an inch or two amongst friends
  • Options
    Jordan Cousins is over 6' tall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone got a clue re the sending off?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Jordan Cousins is over 6' tall.

Looks like I am wrong .. having seen him just the once at Barnsley, he does not look that tall .. however, in his younger days I believe he was an all round defender/midfielder .. not many central defenders, even at youth level are under 6 feet or so .. that is height lol, not 6 feet under !!!
  • Options
    Munns is no taller than 5'5?
  • Options
    Sending off was for kicking out/retaliation
  • Options
    The great Bobby Collins wasn't exactly a giant, and he was pure class.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

The great Bobby Collins wasn't exactly a giant, and he was pure class.

Him, Giles and Bremner .. BUT .. they had large Jack C, Paul Reaney and Norman H to look after their interests
  • Options

England U21s I understand.
  • Options
    How tall was Kins?
  • Options
    Tutt Tutt who was there likened his statue and style of play to Mickey Gynn, the ex Cov player.
  • Options
    Alan Cork is with the England U21's as a scout. had a long chat with him before the game, nice fella