Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton U21 v Palace U21

2»

Comments

• Options
    PeteF said:

Alan Cork is with the England U21's as a scout. had a long chat with him before the game, nice fella

Mr Cork was seen at the Oxford Cup game

• Options
    Yeah he was saying, annoyed his son is not getting enough games at Southampton
  • Options
    PeteF said:

I hope u said we'd happily give Jack a home, even if it was on loan!

• Options
    mart77 said:

PeteF said:

we did ask him!!

• Options
    The offer was made
  • Options
    Who has replaced Nathan Jones? Euell was mention above but I thought he was U18s.
  • Options
    Jason Euell seemed to be, Paul Hart was on the sidelines as was Andy Hughes, but Jason was giving out the instructions, although they both took issue with the ref for the sending off!
  • Options
    AlexAnder said:

mart77 said:

PeteF said:

we did ask him!!

PeteF said:

The offer was made

Maybe we could sort a Ronnie Moore type whip round.

In fairness it looks like we have a very sound crop of youngsters coming through.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Munns is no taller than 5'5?

Internet has him at 166cm. Definite back post material.

• Options
    Interesting to note Ahearne-Grant, an u16, was on the subs bench ahead of all the u18 strikers.

I take it Henry-Francis and Daniels are trialists? Where they involved in the pre-season games?

Report now on the OS: http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20130828-u21s-report-1020795.aspx?pd=635133069400000000

As for Jones' replacement, I think the position is still listed as vacant on the coaching staff OS page.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More or less the same height as Raheem Sterling so why all the excitement. Give the lad a chance. Old school English football mentality.
  • Options
    Paddy7 said:

That was an exceptional save from Phillips. Bullet header bound for top corner, and half a yard behind him as he clawed it out. We had comfortably the best of possession without quite finishing it off. Thought both full backs did well and Munns was energetic and skilful. No idea what happened with Gerard but he hadn't been any trouble prior to that and the lino who reported him was fair and reasonable with the players most of the time. With ten men for about 15 mins the boys dug in well and should really have nicked it through Azeez.

I didn't see today's game, but was mighty impressed by Phillips in the U-21 pre-season friendly at Dartford. He made several point-blank saves following crosses and corners in the first half, clawing the ball out from the top corner just as you describe.

• Options

Tutt Tutt who was there likened his statue and style of play to Mickey Gynn, the ex Cov player.

Micky Gynn was also 5ft 5ins tall. MoM in the 1987 FA Cup Final for Coventry. Bobby Collins who scored for Leeds in the 1965 FA Cup Final was only 5ft 3ins. So anything is possible for Munns. His energetic busy style reminded me of Gynn. Took his goal well, almost scored a second and used the ball well from the right central position of the midfield diamond used by the U21s.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Tutt Tutt who was there likened his statue and style of play to Mickey Gynn, the ex Cov player.

Micky Gynn was also 5ft 5ins tall. MoM in the 1987 FA Cup Final for Coventry. Bobby Collins who scored for Leeds in the 1965 FA Cup Final was only 5ft 3ins. So anything is possible for Munns. His energetic busy style reminded me of Gynn. Took his goal well, almost scored a second and used the ball well from the right central position of the midfield diamond used by the U21s.
    Agree with you, and you could add Ossie Ardiles. Yet, I wonder if midfielders these days need more physical strength to survive at the highest level.

• Options

The great Bobby Collins wasn't exactly a giant, and he was pure class.

Him, Giles and Bremner .. BUT .. they had large Jack C, Paul Reaney and Norman H to look after their interests
    I think you will find that Bremner didn't need any minders!

• Options
    Scoham said:

Interesting to note Ahearne-Grant, an u16, was on the subs bench ahead of all the u18 strikers.

I take it Henry-Francis and Daniels are trialists? Where they involved in the pre-season games?

Report now on the OS: http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20130828-u21s-report-1020795.aspx?pd=635133069400000000

As for Jones' replacement, I think the position is still listed as vacant on the coaching staff OS page.

I've heard that Karlan Ahearne-Grant could be the best prospect we've had in years...

Just a matter of time before he's snapped up I fear
  • Options
    TravHouse said:

Scoham said:

I've heard that Karlan Ahearne-Grant could be the best prospect we've had in years...

I've heard that he's rubbish, as was just making the numbers up
  • Options

TravHouse said:

Scoham said:

I've heard that he's rubbish, as was just making the numbers up
    I think for someone to be playing 5-6 years out of their age group says something
  • Options
    wooosh
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    As for Cousins - I would say from last Saturday that he is minimum 5' 11'' ,maximum 6' 1''
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jordan was standing next to my 6; son yesterday, and he is taller.
  • Options
    All our academy players are rubbish - none are worth signing....
  • Options

Callum Harriott?
    Joe Pigott?
    Jordan Cousins?
  • Options
    He gets bigger and smaller during the game!?
  • Options
    POSLCAFC said:

Callum Harriott?
    Joe Pigott?
    Jordan Cousins?
    Ssshhh!
  • Options
    Poyet and Munns to be at least on the first-team bench by the end of the season, please. Either could be Gower's long-term replacement (Munns perhaps more attacking still)
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

He gets bigger and smaller during the game!?

Twizzle?

• Options
    Leuth said:

Poyet and Munns to be at least on the first-team bench by the end of the season, please. Either could be Gower's long-term replacement (Munns perhaps more attacking still)

Poyet looks classy, think this season is too early for Munns

• Options
    PeteF said:

Leuth said:

Poyet looks classy, think this season is too early for Munns

Classy and aggressive too. Will be the complete midfielder. Agree about Munns.