Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crowd today

Will be interesting what the crowds like.

Not sure what the freebie plans like for today, but think there's a chance it.could be the lowest Saturday league turnout for years.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2013

Will be interesting what the crowds like.

At a guess I'd say mainly white middle-aged males, with a healthy smattering of kids and the odd bored female. A bit of singing, plenty of swearing. Maybe a loud cheer if we score. Maybe a few tuts and the odd boo if we don't.

Hope this helps.

(Unfortunately it will be at least two light - I'm in Devon.)
  • Options
    Do you want me to ask if they could rearrange mate ?
  • Options
    Would you do that for me? Or have I left it a bit late?
  • Options
    Depends on the ref lol!
  • Options
    No harm in asking, is there. I'll let you know
  • Options
  • Options

Cheers. I'm back in a week, so can make a Tuesday anytime from mid September onwards really.
  • Options
    Tuesday's not good for me chaps - I'm sure there will be a free weekend when we're out of all the cups.
  • Options
    Hmm, now where did I put my book of coded warnings?
  • Options
    my guess is the crowd will be mostly wet today
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't see it being much over 13 k
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm working today. Starting to sound like a good idea to postpone it. Afka, let them know i can make it most Tuesdays and Wednesdays - but I'd prefer a later kickoff - say around 8.15
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    How selfish can some people be? A night game means floodlights, which in turn means that the money TJ might have spent on players will be going straight in the Leccy meter...think about it!
  • Options
  • Options

How selfish can some people be? A night game means floodlights, which in turn means that the money TJ might have spent on players will be going straight in the Leccy meter...think about it!

Take afew flares into the game save TJ abit of money in the short run.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Cheers. I'm back in a week, so can make a Tuesday anytime from mid September onwards really.
    Sorted. See all you needed to do was ask!

• Options
    Off_it said:

All I could find was the coded warning for "flood" in the end. Glad someone passed it onto the ref in the end.

No need to thank me chaps.
  • Options
    I hope you're happy!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    What, sat in the sunshine in Devon, bottle of Aspall's on the go, technically not missed a home game?

Yeah, pretty happy to be fair!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

All I could find was the coded warning for "flood" in the end. Glad someone passed it onto the ref in the end.

No need to thank me chaps.
    Nice work Off_it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Do you want me to ask if they could rearrange mate ?

I think we can agree that is definitely a pint you owe me.....
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Does anyone know the attendance today, I think in all the excitement it got forgotten about, ooh ah? :-0
  • Options

Does anyone know the attendance today, I think in all the excitement it got forgotten about, ooh ah? :-0

According to OS Att: 13,633 (626 Doncaster).
  • Options
    Cheers DR.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Gotta be our worst second tier crowed since the late 90s?
  • Options
    Why so poor? Weather, our start and people on holiday?
  • Options
    edited August 2013

And Doncaster were the opposition. A lot of people think of them as a traditionally 4th division club with no stars.
    CAFCTrev said:

Dansk_Red said:

Yes. Although in fairness most of the time since the late 90's we have not been in this division.

Amazingly, I think, we have more season ticket holders than Napoli.
  • Options

And Doncaster were the opposition. A lot of people think of them as a traditionally 4th division club with no stars.
    CAFCTrev said:

Dansk_Red said:

Yes. Although in fairness most of the time since the late 90's we have not been in this division.

We have 10,000 ST holders, so only 2,500-ish walkups today (minus Donny fans)?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    CAFCTrev said:

CAFCTrev said:

Dansk_Red said:

We have 10,000 ST holders, so only 2,500-ish walkups today (minus Donny fans)?
    Fewer than that in actual sales, I should think. Unless they have added the staff etc comp season tickets into the 10,000, you're probably looking at a home sale well under 2,000, especially with the free ticket vouchers. There are 20,000 of those out there so it's reasonable to expect at least a few hundred a game.
  • Options
    Was stunned by how small a crowd it was.
    Unless revenue increases then the club will struggle for sure. We drove down from Ipswich so no excuse for the rest. We had to stop the car at Basildon, the rain was that heavy!