Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morrison - the new scapegoat?

Was extremely disappointed at the amount of stick he was getting yesterday-the conditions were atrocious and and the last things our players need is abuse at times like this.
The vast majority of our support was good but we still have those knobheads who think abusing players will help. I really wish they would shut the f*** up.

Comments

• Options
    Agreed mate. Couple of absolute cards near me gave him stick when the ball got stuck in the water! Some other plank also blamed the first goal on him, even though it was Wiggins who switched off.

Morrison is clearly a confidence player and his confidence is shot. Solution? Abuse him. Don't understand the mentality of some of our fans, especially some of the twats on Facebook.
  • Options
    He has been awful all season there's no denying that, don't agree with people abusing him at the game though, does nothing to his confidence which is already as low as it can get
  • Options

He has been awful all season there's no denying that, don't agree with people abusing him at the game though, does nothing to his confidence which is already as low as it can get

Wiggins has been pretty dire yet Morrison seems to be the one they target - their logic?
  • Options

Was extremely disappointed at the amount of stick he was getting yesterday-the conditions were atrocious and and the last things our players need is abuse at times like this.
    The vast majority of our support was good but we still have those knobheads who think abusing players will help. I really wish they would shut the f*** up.

It wasn't just his performance yesterday though was it? He's not been his usual reliable self at all this season. He isn't alone in that, you could level that accusation to most of the team but it's just that a) Morrisons decline from his normal high standard is so marked and b) he plays in a very vital position and is supposed to be a leader in our squad.

I don't agree with slagging off our own players but I understand why people are frustrated.
  • Options
    Although Morrison did not deserve any abuse yesterday, he does deserve to be dropped. Our defence has been awful so far this season and he is one of the main culprits.
    Incidentally, it was Solly rather than Wiggins who was at fault for the first goal. Again, both full backs have been very disappointing this season and Evina certainly deserves a chance on this showing.
  • Options
    I did wanna hit the person in the North Upper who kept shouting "take him out" when their players were in the box with the ball, what, take him out and concede a pen?

Also, some stupid old woman in the row above me shouting "hit him" when their players had the ball.

People are just so stupid now days.
  • Options
    He is not the only one, Wiggins has also been incredibly disappointing.

Not sure what the problem with Morro is, he ended last season well alongside Dervite but has not kicked on.

Maybe it is the captaincy, maybe the lack of protection from the midfield or maybe just a loss of form.

Sure he will recover, just hope it is soon as we have some incredibly difficult games coming up.

On a side note and this is probably just me, but I would like to see him lose the white boots as well.
  • Options
    In my experience our best supporters go to away matches are more likely to encourage, i.e. support, a player for the sake of the team. At home games you get all sorts and often a lot of vitriol directed at individual players. Has always been like that. Away games with a handful of like minded addicks can be a real pleasure compared to the mixed atmosphere we get at home.
  • Options
    well said SA........
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    There are bell ends at every ground including the Valley, but are we gonna get one of these scapegoat threads everytime someone goes through a bit of poor form?
    Any criticism that I've seen of Morrison on here is justified and been pretty constructive. We know what he's capable of, he just needs to get his head and form back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who knows what is with Morro, I loved him alongside Taylor, when he first joined the club, thought they were excellent.

Taylor had a couple of dodgy games and made way for big Leon who did really well as well, but at Championship level IMO he hasn't played as well.

He was / is a very very good League one player, I would love to say the same at this level, maybe I foolishly expected more from him.

He seems to have lapses in concentration and switches off at the wrong time, which can cost us.

Can it be coached out of his game/ be worked on in training , I really hope so.

Would love to see him scoring headers from corners, bombing into the box, just didn't happen last season, please help him Charlton coaching team!
  • Options
    I'm also of the opinion that he's been off form this season so far and thought Devite was unfortunate to be dropped. Seems to struggle with the added burden of captaincy. Think (if JJ is unavailable) the baton should be handed to someone else and let him concentrate of playing his own game. As for who should wear the armband, apart from Kermogant, I can't really see a leader out there..................
  • Options
    we need to back morrison in the game against leicester but taking blame away from him completely is wrong, he should be criticised the fair amount, he was having a bad game against donny but we should sing his name and he will play well again, wiggins is also the same
  • Options
    also dropping him for a game could go either way, he could show his character and come back fighting or not recover. i think in this case powell should just wrap his arm around his shoulder and hopefully he will play well against his former club
  • Options

All 3 full games of it?! Wow he must be awful!

On a serious note though I have never been 100% convinced by Morrison in any way whatsover, whereas I have by Wiggins, his performances deteriorating are more of a concern, I always thought the RB and LB roles were perfectly covered without concern at Charlton. .
  • Options
    Powell has got to be consistent though, he can't let wiggins get away with playing poorly and keeping his spot. If he's out of form or there's a confidence/injury concern, then play Evina.
  • Options
    Sometimes players need to play through their bad form, sometimes they need to be dropped (Hamer last season).

Dropping Morrison for a league game may do more harm than good, personally would consider playing him on Tuesday to get another 90minutes and hopefully restore some confidence.
  • Options
    Considering his performances since he was first signed he undoubtedly has talent but it would also appear that he is an emotional type who experiences very high highs and low lows. Basically the space between his highs and lows are too wide.

For example when we beat the Wendies at Hillsborough in the 101 season he was all over the place which I'm sure resulted from the huge emotional pressure he felt at returning to the club where the fans gave him hell and so wanting to prove them wrong.

He is undoubtedly very emotional which in turn is not good for consistency and at present he has the look of someone who is failing to cope with the pressure. A great game but he will continue to deteriorate if retained in the firing line.
  • Options
    As far as I'm concerned, Morro's has list his way and should be dropped. It will do him good. A few U21 games should work.
  • Options
    Nice pst Big Andy - you now dry from yesterday? ;-))
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just remember Morro is a good lad. He stood toe to toe with us in the Away end when we played Millwall at the den. Not many other players have done that.
  • Options
    I'm sure that many will agree with you MS me included but this is professional sport and sadly being a good lad may not always be enough :-(
  • Options
    We need a proper centre back, not a mate!! Drop him now!!!
  • Options
    JonnyK said:

Nice pst Big Andy - you now dry from yesterday? ;-))

Yeah, but still fed up with our 22 minutes of dross
  • Options
    Tell it as it is Big Man!
  • Options
    It's fair to say he has not been in the best form lately but he has done a lot of good things in the past and he needs his confidence back.
  • Options
    So 81 will that be achieved by continuing to play and having the armband or coming out of the firing line? Sometimes it pays to be cruel to be kind.
  • Options
    It is pure confidence with him, I'm massive fan of both him and Wiggins but both should be dropped for a while, it won't exactly feel Evina with confidence not being able to get a game even with Wiggins playing so bad, especially if they come in and get on well against Huddersfield.
  • Options
    It may 'harm' Morrison to drop him but it may harm the team more if they don't. At the end of the day Powell needs to pick the best team and at the moment Morrison shouldn't be in it
  • Options
    Apart from Church who hasn't made a poor start to the season