Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield Town v Charlton Ath|Capital One League Cup|27 August 2013|Preview, News, Views & Teams

Comments

• Options
    Hamer
    Solly Dervite Wood Evina
    Pritchard Gower JJ Harriott
    Yann Church

1-1, win on pens to keep our lucky run going
  • Options
    I have a feeling our reorganised side will beat a weakened Udders side. Might well be a poor game but I think we will win 1-0.
  • Options
    we gotta put the best team out here. we probs wont but if we do then we will win and then that willgive the team confidence which is probably lower than my height
  • Options
    Im looking forward to it, i think we have a 2nd team which is stronger than last seasons

For example Wood could get a start and i dont see why. Evina defo needs to replace Wiggins, and maybe Jackson will show us why we do so badly without him

ultimately the game doesnt matter too much, but a win could help get the gears going and raise morale
  • Options
    already we are in trouble, opening day loss, beat a league two team, lost to a team on a terrible run, 3-1 down but lucky abandonement( we might have got it back considering they had 10 men and we were playing well but face facts), and we have no money and our key players not doing well. but hey chin up we'll give it a shot : )
  • Options
    Fully expect to lose as we disrespect another cup game along within the few fans that make the trip. 2-0 Huddersfield.
  • Options

we gotta put the best team out here. we probs wont but if we do then we will win and then that willgive the team confidence which is probably lower than my height

There's an argument that our best team could be the one that beat Oxford in the last round. I don't think anyone knows what our best team is!
  • Options
    Hamer
    Solly, Cort, Wood, Evina
    Green, Cousins, Stephens, Harriot
    Sordell & Pigott

Would be happy if was the above a good mix and a close game 2-1 either way
  • Options
    Sordell played in the league and struggled. Church played in the 'unimportant' cup game, got 2 goals, and has looked full of confidence and running since. I bet Sordell wishes he'd played against Oxford!
  • Options
    I have to be honest and state that this match underwhelms me somewhat.

However I would like to see Danny Hollands get 90 minutes against a team of similar level to ourselves.

He is the one player (other than the departed Scott Wagstaff) who can justifiably claim that he hasn't had a fair crack of the whip since we were promoted.

I realise that has been partly down to injury.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    unreliable rumours from a bad source saying 3 - 5 - 2 with Solly and Harriot as wing backs. Don't believe it myself
  • Options
    Team

Hamer
    Wilson,Dervite,Wood, Evina
    Green,Hollands, Jackson, Cook
    Sordell,Pigott
  • Options
    I think this game is more important than just a cup game. A one sided defeat tonight and all of last seasons momentum will be totally lost (If it hasn't been already). There's been flashes of team spirit against Barnsley and evidence again that Saturday could have been salvaged. A defeat tonight and this season has disaster written all over it, both Powell and players demoralised and disillusioned by what's going on behind the scenes. Saying that an optimistic 1-0 (Sordell)
  • Options

unreliable rumours from a bad source saying 3 - 5 - 2 with Solly and Harriot as wing backs. Don't believe it myself

Evina as a wing back would make more sense I guess.....
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    How many are making the trip?..top marks to those that do. Hope the players put it in for them.
  • Options
    4-3 defeat after being 3-0 up after 40 mins
  • Options
    I think we will lose on pens. 0-0 aet
  • Options

How many are making the trip?..top marks to those that do. Hope the players put it in for them.

1 coach and a few northern based addicks at a guess...probably 100-150 tops.

I'm actually thinking of doing the league game up there in a few weeks

• Options
    lets think positive and say we have good coordination and organisation at the back, seamless passing between positions and an inventive attack with a cutting edge, 2-0 addicks with church to score and hopefully kermorgant to score
  • Options
    we were unlucky because if we had a home tie that was some nice pocket money we got but hey we can beat the town
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

There's an argument that our best team could be the one that beat Oxford in the last round. I don't think anyone knows what our best team is!
    i think cousins is already a first team member and so he plays but take pigott out, he scored but church and kermorgant should play
  • Options

we were unlucky because if we had a home tie that was some nice pocket money we got but hey we can beat the town

I think Paddy needs time this week to repair the padding pool pitch, so will be glad there's no game...
  • Options
    Pigott should definitely start after the Oxford, he deserves it and it would be very harsh to leave him out. Can see a few youth players being involved, and I reckon there'll be a shake up in formation, such as 3-5-2 playing ceddy and one other as wing backs. Could be wishful thinking...
  • Options

we are lucky as the state of the pitch would be awful at home so im glad we are away!"
  • Options
    I've been told the team was spotted at Euston at about 1pm - unusual for them to travel that far on the day.
  • Options

I've been told the team was spotted at Euston at about 1pm - unusual for them to travel that far on the day.

Team bonding! Last ditch attempt by the coaching staff to create some togetherness! Or can no longer afford the coach travel!
  • Options
    We'll have 100 there, and we'll win 0-1
  • Options
    I don't think it will be tonight as the team will be so different and the young 'uns will get a shout, but definitely think it will be 3-5-2 for Saturday with one or the other of the regular full-backs dropped and Morrison keeping his place. A serious shake-up is nailed on after this start to the season.
  • Options
    Udders 3-0
  • Options

Cheap return-savers on the Train. LOL

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!