Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burnley Away

Anyone know or have been to Burnley last couple of years to know of any good pubs before and after game?

Comments

• Options
    I'm told that the cricket club, which is next door to the ground, is OK
  • Options
    The Talbot, about a 10min walk from the ground

http://www.talbotburnley.co.uk/
  • Options
    Last season went in The Turf, two minutes from the away end, and paid £1.50 for a pint of stella. Around the corner is the Burnley Miners Club and paid a fraction over £2. The Turf had bouncers on the door so as long as you do not wear colours and go in mob handed you will be okay.
  • Options
    i wanna see the bank of dave in burnley, although i doubt i would go see the game as im always busy on saturdays so i only just go to home games atm. is burnley happening soon
  • Options
    Cricket club was fine. Big TVs to catch the early sky game, cheap and cheerful, right next door and a naughty plate of pie and chips with gravy as well for about £3!
  • Options
    Like Elfsborg, we went in the Burnley District Miners Club before the game last November. They served very nice Thwaites bitter and the place has a bit of character. Be sure also not to forget the local tipple, Benny & Hot - most acceptable http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/jul/04/burnley-call-centre-mumbai
  • Options
    The Bridge is not far from the ground and really good for real ale. Good mix of fans in there last season
  • Options
    Who's going on here and where are you boozin?
  • Options
    I'm going BR7 but I'm a teetotal sociopath with no personality and no desire to fraternise with other human beings. But my Lancastrian friends swear by Thwaites.
  • Options
    Don't really know what to make of that reply but Thwaits it is!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm going. Visit the aged aunts, take my banjo to the folk club on Friday night,
    http://www.folknorthwest.co.uk/cp_burnleyfolkclub.htm
    game on Saturday, trip to Malham on Sunday, then down to Charlton for Forest on Tuesday.
    Whats not to love?
  • Options
    Didn't have this game down as one I was going to bother with but strangely, after the doom and gloom on here after Millwall I'm compelled to go and support our boys. No expectations of anything but a defeat and am anticipating a long, lonely train ride home but hey ho.

I take it you can pay on the day?
  • Options

Didn't have this game down as one I was going to bother with but strangely, after the doom and gloom on here after Millwall I'm compelled to go and support our boys. No expectations of anything but a defeat and am anticipating a long, lonely train ride home but hey ho.

I take it you can pay on the day?

Unless we get a rush of about 3500 by the end of tomorrow, then that will be a yes!
  • Options
    Phew!
  • Options
    Under 300 tickets sold. Very poor.
  • Options

Under 300 tickets sold. Very poor.

I'm baby sitting but went last year, does that count in my favour?
  • Options
    Evening gents. The Cricket Club is a designated away fans pub and it's right behind the away end.

A little further away you have the Talbot Hotel at the bottom of Ormerod Road (walk to the fire station and turn left down the hill (10 mins walk to the turnstiles). The Bridge Beir Huis on the edge of the town centre (10 mins walk max), as someone mentioned further up, is a real ale pub, and a frequented by a large section of Clarets Madders (Clarets Mad is our main forum) and overall decent clientele. You'll be made welcome in there I'm sure and on Clarets Mad which is a busy messageboard.

Burnley Miners is an option, as are a couple of other pubs around the ground - Brickmakers, KSC 110 club (catholic club), The Turf, The Princess Royal, Park View, although they are home pubs really. As we don't have any rivalries I can't see you having any issues, even wearing colours to be honest. That is unless a crew of 85 year olds turn up looking for revenge for your '47 Cup Final victory! ;-D
    You probably wouldn't go in The Turf, Prinny or Brickies after the game if you've won, wearing your colours anyway - we do have the usually share of less intelligent people and these pubs are full of them after the games, but not usually beforehand.

Hope you have a decent trip up boys (284 tickets sold earlier today), but that we get a bit of revenge for you nicking a win last year.
  • Options
    Cheers for the info @Claretforever. Think us hardy few making the trip will need a few ideas for places to drown our sorrows come 5o'clock. But you never know.
  • Options
    The walk up the hill to the station is a killer
  • Options
    Now you're working Nate I'll piggy back you for a tenner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not going this time around. Got a busy schedule for the next 4 days so I'm giving it a miss to do other things
  • Options

Not going this time around. Got a busy schedule for the next 4 days so I'm giving it a miss to do other things
    Wish I did. . . . . . . . .
  • Options
    No problem. Hope the pic works:

• Options
    Which pubs have sky sports mate??
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Claret forever the atmosphere seemed decent for the 1-1? with the bastard rovers ,how many did they bring to you for the recent live game and what was the attendance , I presume, they are your most bitter rivals ?
  • Options

Which pubs have sky sports mate??

the cricket club did last year don't know about the bt sports now though.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Park View (diagonally opposite corner of ground to Cricket Club), Cricket Club, The Turf, KSC 110 (I think), Talbot all have Sky Sports. Not sure about the Bridge, but I also think the Miners has it, although not 100%.

Yeah, Blackburn are our main rivals (13 mile ground to ground). Attendance was poor to be honest, although the atmosphere was fantastic if you were there. Some say it came over well on TV? Just short of 16,000 on which is the worst attendance for that fixture in almost 40 years - it's usually a 21,000 'sell out.' Live on Sky, lunchtime kick off, £33 tickets, police strategy akin to Beirut which people are sick of, all had an affect. Blackburn brought 2,400 and normally bring 3,800.

Our rivalry is generally 1. Blackburn(it's a real hatred for some and can get nasty), 2. Preston, 3. Bolton/Blackpool (last two on a par).

Edit: PARKING - Lots of street parking around the ground, but you can park at the cricket Club (space permitting) for about £4 ish. Also if you look at the pic further up and drove north in the image straight up Belvedere Road, past the junction where you'd turn left to go down to the Talbot, 150 yards further along there is a Brewer's Fayre pub and Travel Lodge. They have car parking there too. If you are parking that way then you might be better off heading towards Brierfield (the wrong way I know) and get back onto the M65 at junction 12 (there is no 11 heading towards Preston) rather than 10 as it can be hectic getting away otherwise.
  • Options
    cheers Claret sounds a bit like our experience with last weeks 'live' fixture against the Scum (millwall) although we had no atmosphere

but i'm sure you don't have a shit record against them like we do against our rivals 11 wins in nearly 70 games !

• Options
    You're joking, oohaa. The thing Rovers (aka 'The Bas***ds', or 'Bas***d Rovers) have over us at the moment is that we haven't beaten them in 34 years. We've actually only played them in 5 of those seasons (11 games now) but, aside from a pre-season cup competition we haven't won in that time. The envious Clarets (most of 'em) will point towards Jack Walker funding Rovers to a level higher than they could sustain for 15 of those years. We'll get there.
  • Options
    Anybody know how much a child's return (London Marylebone to Burnley Manchester Road) is?