Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burnley Away

2»

Comments

• Options
    One adult, one child below.
  • Options
    Wah ?!
  • Options
    We'll be in The Woodman in Todmorden Road.

Pie, Peas and a Pint for a fiver. Hit's the spot.
  • Options
    Claret, when I said pubs with Sky I actually meant pubs with BT Sport?! Showing the Chelsea game??
  • Options

You're joking, oohaa. The thing Rovers (aka 'The Bas***ds', or 'Bas***d Rovers) have over us at the moment is that we haven't beaten them in 34 years. We've actually only played them in 5 of those seasons (11 games now) but, aside from a pre-season cup competition we haven't won in that time. The envious Clarets (most of 'em) will point towards Jack Walker funding Rovers to a level higher than they could sustain for 15 of those years. We'll get there.

head to head from 'footymad.net' has

Rovers 39 wins Burnley 35 wins and 17 draws

compare that to

Scum 33 wins Charlton 11 wins and 23 draws

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, I now see where you're coming from oohaa. Ours isn't too bad considering our 'recent' history against them. We had a good spell during our hey days of the late 50's early 60's when we had a League Championship winning team and European Cup campaigns. We'd had the upper hand then. I've never seen us beat them in a league game though, which is a tad frustrating!

Addickted, I totally forgot about The Woodman, and it's a similar distance to The Talbot away, but in the other direction. You do have to go past other pubs that are a bit rough though (Forresters Inn being one).

Oh, I don't have a clue about BT Sport guys. It doesn't mean it won't be on in some of the establishments around the ground though ;-).
  • Options
    BURNLEY FC WARNING TO CHARLTON FANS

I had to post a link to this as there is a long thread on Clarets Mad about it. What are your thoughts, you bunch of flare smugglers you?!!! :-D

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2112122352
  • Options
    Whats the Foresters like is that still your man boys pubs ?
  • Options
    "Man boys"??

If you mean main 'boys' pub, as in Neanderthal knob heads, then I wouldn't know. It was on football's hardest away days, or something like that I believe. The 'Culvert' area (it's an aqueduct but let's not argue over details) where The Turf and Princess Royal are were always where the idiots hung out after the games, but I don't think that's the case nowadays. I go in the Turf after games (pint glass and decent beer instead of plastic glasses) and it's ok since it had a face lift a few years ago.

Foresters is rough, as in you grimace when you walk in. You order a pint and it lands on the bar top in a can! It's an all standing pub. I'm not one to frequent that kind of pub regularly. It's only really the big games where you have to worry which pubs you drink in. Is that not the case with you guys?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good intel thanks Claretforever, unless steve really did mean something else.

Your board is generally very sympathetic to our flares warning, many suggesting it will even put away fans off. That may be so for literally one or two, but really our numbers will be poor anyway. It's puzzled a lot of analytical types on here for ages (Oohah especially) but with no solid conclusions as to why so far.
  • Options
    Yeah they generally are. Us northerns are all stuck in the 1970's anyway (that's what you southerners think ;-)), so we can't see what the issue is with wearing flares. We've always done it! Haha
  • Options
    Cricket club fine and two minutes to away end. Very nice day here perfect for northern smash and grab just like last year.
  • Options
    On a 2 carriage Sprinter stopping at every 2 bob station in Yorkshire. Just want a pint now. Better not let me down Charlton!
  • Options

On a 2 carriage Sprinter stopping at every 2 bob station in Yorkshire. Just want a pint now. Better not let me down Charlton!

They should've made one of the carriages a buffet car! Been through Castleford yet?
  • Options
    Can I nominate Claret for most helpful away fan since that bloke from Chesterfield two seasons ago.