Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Green - Ballers

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:

About 10 of these new clothing brands pop up on twitter every week. Buy a load of t-shirts in bulk from Asia and then print a logo of some sort on to them. They look a real bog standard cut of cloth, no shape or taper to the tees, and I wouldn't necessarily associate the word 'baller' with a mid table championship bench warmer

fucking hell, calm yourself down Jeff Banks. Dizzle above just said he has a t-shirt and they are decent quality. Every brand needs a name, it doesnt necesarily have to be associated with the designer/owner.
  • Options
    Personally don't like it, but good luck to him - as others have said, at least he's using his free time (weekends) productively.
  • Options

Croydon said:

About 10 of these new clothing brands pop up on twitter every week. Buy a load of t-shirts in bulk from Asia and then print a logo of some sort on to them. They look a real bog standard cut of cloth, no shape or taper to the tees, and I wouldn't necessarily associate the word 'baller' with a mid table championship bench warmer

fucking hell, calm yourself down Jeff Banks. Dizzle above just said he has a t-shirt and they are decent quality. Every brand needs a name, it doesnt necesarily have to be associated with the designer/owner.
    Didn't see Dizzle's post, if the fit is good then fair play to him.

• Options
    Croydon said:

this .. I did it myself years ago, though I will say that those I bought were of fairly good quality, all cotton, double seams etc .. the wife and I designed and made some decent stencils, nice variety of pattern colours .. nice brand name/labels .. made a good few quid ..
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

just what the world needs .. more overpriced 'gear' for chavs

£15 a tshirt is far from overpriced

No doubt you'll now label it cheap tat

Some people just can't win
    For a non Primark t shirt, they are pretty well priced, be interesting to see how they go, wonder if he'll bring some to Bromley Addicks, with a credit card machine. Quite like the camouflage one.
  • Options

Croydon said:

this .. I did it myself years ago, though I will say that those I bought were of fairly good quality, all cotton, double seams etc .. the wife and I designed and made some decent stencils, nice variety of pattern colours .. nice brand name/labels .. made a good few quid ..
    so, not 'this' then.
  • Options
    Crap website...
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Too often footballers do nothing with their money and end up broke. Good to see someone making use of their spare time and disposable income. Really wish people gave the guy a break

Spot on, reading about the state of Mendonca in having to sell his medals etc, its good to see a young lad seeing business opportunities after his football career has ended.

• Options
    "Ballers clothing is a new clothing line set up in 2012.

We focus on football and Fashion is huge now in the game, everyone wants to have the latest trend and show that they are a baller!

We specialize in Mens clothing but now also offer a womens clothing range!

Enjoy and be a Baller"

Even the slightest attention to the English language would be appreciated !
  • Options
    I think "Haters Gonna Hate" will be the next tee.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some real lack of class on this thread.

Had it been a Chris Solly or Yann Kermorgant with a similar brand that they had set up then I doubt it would get the same slagging.
  • Options

Croydon said:

so, not 'this' then.
    this n that .., partly this n partly that .. I bought decent quality fairly cheaply and in bulk .. still do it now and then
  • Options
    So why have a dig at his product then if you do it yourself
  • Options
    'fit'? It's a fucking t shirt, not a whistle!
  • Options
    Moaning about quality & price without any idea of the product? Time for a midday nap gents.

Fair play to Green, he could be pissing his wages up the wall..
  • Options
    Jarman said:

Moaning about quality & price without any idea of the product? Time for a midday nap gents.

Fair play to Green, he could be pissing his wages up the wall..

Or down the bookies
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

I was determined that I wouldn't get too critical of Green's business .. BUT to me £15 for a Tshirt, £30/40 for a top I believe and £30 for trackie bottoms is IN MY OPINION well over priced by about 20-30%, BUT I am going on photos and not on touching, smelling and feeling the goods.... The 'look' is aimed at young people with more money than fashion or business sense IN MY OPINION .. As to 'do it myself' .. I certainly would not and will not charge silly prices for what I regard as commonplace and/or mediocre goods .. BUT each to his own, we all have different tastes and ideas .. However I am not a 'sports star' with a gullible following who could be tempted to buy an item just to feel close to the presence of the star, to feel part of his flock ... does that sort out your question ?
  • Options
    Not really sounds like a load of old waffle tbh. £15 for a t-shirt well overpriced, when was the last time you went to the shops 1975?
  • Options
    Joey Dizzle
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Nicholas said:

I was determined that I wouldn't get too critical of Green's business .. BUT to me £15 for a Tshirt, £30/40 for a top I believe and £30 for trackie bottoms is IN MY OPINION well over priced by about 20-30%, BUT I am going on photos and not on touching, smelling and feeling the goods.... The 'look' is aimed at young people with more money than fashion or business sense IN MY OPINION .. As to 'do it myself' .. I certainly would not and will not charge silly prices for what I regard as commonplace and/or mediocre goods .. BUT each to his own, we all have different tastes and ideas .. However I am not a 'sports star' with a gullible following who could be tempted to buy an item just to feel close to the presence of the star, to feel part of his flock ... does that sort out your question ?
    you have no idea of young people's fashion then......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nicholas said:

Not really sounds like a load of old waffle tbh. £15 for a t-shirt well overpriced, when was the last time you went to the shops 1975?

like I say you sound like a young person (you could be a silly 60 year old for all I know) with more money than sense .. £15 for a Tshirt is WELL overpriced IN MY OPINION .. get it? .. IN MY OPINION .. and if you bought (say) one of Green's shirts with 'Ballers' or 'Bollocks' or whatever emblazoned upon it, all you're doing is making a walking advert of yourself .. paying through the news for a 50 pence shirt and advertising the brand name for nothing
  • Options

Nicholas said:

like I say you sound like a young person (you could be a silly 60 year old for all I know) with more money than sense .. £15 for a Tshirt is WELL overpriced IN MY OPINION .. get it? .. IN MY OPINION .. and if you bought (say) one of Green's shirts with 'Ballers' or 'Bollocks' or whatever emblazoned upon it, all you're doing is making a walking advert of yourself .. paying through the news for a 50 pence shirt and advertising the brand name for nothing
    so where do you buy your t-shirts from?
  • Options
    Bargain Henry , Lincs will be choking on his cornflakes when he sees those prices , make DG'S seem cheap!
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Think thats a question for @oohaahmortimer to answer :)

So are all you clothes home made? Even if your wearing a 50p Primark t shirt your still advertising the brand name for nothing
  • Options
    Why can't people just let him get on with it lol.
  • Options
    JT said:

Why can't people just let him get on with it lol.

Do you think he'll make it onto Dragons Den JT?

C'mon must be a giff for that!
  • Options
    JT said:

Joey Dizzle

Not bad
  • Options
    When and if he brings a shirt to the Bromley Addicks meeting on 19 September I will convene an ad hoc committee of young trendy people present to score the said shirt on quality, weight, cut and fashion.

We will not report back the findings
  • Options
    Lot of business advice from the dragons on this forum.

Anyway, Danny, let me tell you where I'm at.

I can't see a return on this in the long term. And for that reason I'm out.

But good luck Danny.