Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Green - Ballers

13»

Comments

• Options
    Good on him, I say. He's doing something productive with his spare time. I don't think that I'm target market but the stuff looks alright to me, not really sure what you want for £15, you'd just about get change out of that if you bought three pints in town.

Plus, I'm not a legal expert but I don't think that retailers are actually legally obliged to offer a refund unless goods are faulty (ie they do not need to if you simply find they don't fit - unless they're not the size advertised).
  • Options

When and if he brings a shirt to the Bromley Addicks meeting on 19 September I will convene an ad hoc committee of young trendy people present to score the said shirt on quality, weight, cut and fashion.

We will not report back the findings

so not plaaaayer then?
  • Options

When and if he brings a shirt to the Bromley Addicks meeting on 19 September I will convene an ad hoc committee of young trendy people present to score the said shirt on quality, weight, cut and fashion.

so not plaaaayer then?
    No way. He'd just complain about not winning the raffle again.
  • Options

JT said:

Why can't people just let him get on with it lol.

Do you think he'll make it onto Dragons Den JT?

C'mon must be a giff for that!

• Options
    Thinking of this future good on Danny
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Nicholas said:

Not really sounds like a load of old waffle tbh. £15 for a t-shirt well overpriced, when was the last time you went to the shops 1975?

like I say you sound like a young person (you could be a silly 60 year old for all I know) with more money than sense .. £15 for a Tshirt is WELL overpriced IN MY OPINION .. get it? .. IN MY OPINION .. and if you bought (say) one of Green's shirts with 'Ballers' or 'Bollocks' or whatever emblazoned upon it, all you're doing is making a walking advert of yourself .. paying through the news for a 50 pence shirt and advertising the brand name for nothing
    so where do you buy your t-shirts from?
    E

I rarely do .. the last small consignment I bought (on behalf of a 3rd party) was in 2009 .. from Indonesia (too expensive now, go for Cambodia or Vietnam) .. (and I am telling you NO MORE trade secrets lol) nowadays there is a LOT of competition in cheap fashion clothing .. the expensive brands of course as well as Matalan, Primark, Tesco, ASDA .. they are all at it .. go shopping, pick up the cornflakes, the baked beans and bread and a dodgy TShirt all under the same warehouse roof. As an aside, a friend of mine makes handbags from old materials, mostly denim, leather, stuff like that .. I think she does a really good job .. on the CAFC official site recently there was an advert for a Louis Vuiton denim handbag .. yours for .. hold on to your hat .. £850 .. avin a larf or wot !!!! .. £2 the bag £848 for the label

AND: Running a small clothes business online .. there are literally 1000s at it .. from the Danny Green's to the eBay pirates .. you're competing with people all over the globe and not just in clothing either.
    Your business VG, the white wage slave trade .. is restricted to 'legitimate folk' .... you got it made
  • Options

so not plaaaayer then?
    No, he's more the mature man with the fuller figure. ;)

• Options
    Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Not really sounds like a load of old waffle tbh. £15 for a t-shirt well overpriced, when was the last time you went to the shops 1975?

like I say you sound like a young person (you could be a silly 60 year old for all I know) with more money than sense .. £15 for a Tshirt is WELL overpriced IN MY OPINION .. get it? .. IN MY OPINION .. and if you bought (say) one of Green's shirts with 'Ballers' or 'Bollocks' or whatever emblazoned upon it, all you're doing is making a walking advert of yourself .. paying through the news for a 50 pence shirt and advertising the brand name for nothing
    Think thats a question for @oohaahmortimer to answer :)

So are all you clothes home made? Even if your wearing a 50p Primark t shirt your still advertising the brand name for nothing
    I always wear very tasteful sackcloth, when I can afford it .. the underwear gets a bit itchy in summer though
  • Options

committee? I presume that membership will be extended to outside of the meeting if you are looking for the young and trendy :-)

DG must be pretty happy with response of some on here, "If they don't like it then I have got my targeting right!"
  • Options

Plus, I'm not a legal expert but I don't think that retailers are actually legally obliged to offer a refund unless goods are faulty (ie they do not need to if you simply find they don't fit - unless they're not the size advertised).

Yeah, he does if he's selling online.

adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/consumer_different_ways_of_buying_e/consumer_buying_by_internet_mail_order_or_phone_e/what_do_the_distance_selling_regulations_cover.htm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bargain Henry , Lincs will be choking on his cornflakes when he sees those prices , make DG'S seem cheap!
    Hahahahaahh .. £22 for a 'kin Tshirt ? .... gawdluvus.. Pierre Cardin will be turning in his grave ,, that is if he's dead already
  • Options

Yeah, he does if he's selling online.

adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/consumer_different_ways_of_buying_e/consumer_buying_by_internet_mail_order_or_phone_e/what_do_the_distance_selling_regulations_cover.htm
    I'm no legal expert and to be honest I think it would bore everyone silly if we got into it anyway but I honestly don't see anywhere on that link that says that you would be entitled to a refund just because the clothes didn't fit, assuming of course that they were sized as described in the pre-purchase information.

Admittedly you have the seven day cooling off period but that's not really the same thing, not least because you wouldn't necessarily take delivery within seven days of placing your order anyway.
  • Options
    I was referring to the cooling off period, which is provided to give consumers the opportunity to examine goods purchased at a distance e.g do they fit or not.

In general you are right and there's no automatic right to a refund but internet sales are a little different.
  • Options
    I think you'll find I won the raffle last time, well my money did.

It just so happened that a thieving dwarf took the money without my knowledge.

Not that I'm bitter.
  • Options
    £14 is a bargain, I cant remember the last time I paid £20 for a tee. Good luck to him I say, im making some tees of my own soon and they will 100% not be under £20... think I better not tout them on here :)
  • Options
    Bournemouth Addick is right, distance selling regulations require distance sellers to have a returns policy which includes full refund of the goods. What is not included is shipping costs.

"you have the right to return items under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 by giving notice of cancellation in writing or in another durable medium within 7 working days starting on the day after the day of delivery."

I have run three OnlIne trading sites for FTSE companies, so needed to know a bit about these regs.
  • Options
    Wow OTT reaction here, good luck to him!

Price seems fair for what it is and i like the odd top & hoodies/trackies, may get some bits
  • Options
    Just bought one for Henry's Bromley meeting,
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

like I say you sound like a young person (you could be a silly 60 year old for all I know)

Lincs you are closer with your "for all I know" guess but he's one of these old fellas that tries to dress young ......ahem
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

like I say you sound like a young person (you could be a silly 60 year old for all I know)

Lincs you are closer with your "for all I know" guess but he's one of these old fellas that tries to dress young ......ahem
    we all do our bestest to keep (or at least look) young and virile lol ... next time I am down the Val, I will watch out for a trendy old geezer dressed all in Ballers gear and a Dench baseball titfer .. It'll be Niccy Nic !! ... As Viv Stanshall sang in the old Bonzo Dog song: 'look out there's a monster coming' ...

come on youse Addicks !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    well fcuk me that just looks like a fruit of the loom t-shirt with a print on very inexpensive
  • Options
    Just seen this... Looks like a load of fruit of the loom with print on to me, I wouldn't wear them, not what I'd call style. But fair play to the lad, if he can get people buying it! As for the no refund gash, at least when he comes back from Milton Keynes, you'll know where to find him to get one (sat in the stands probably) and his slightly flashy range rover is easy enough to spot
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

I think "Haters Gonna Hate" will be the next tee.

Harriot uses that little term.

• Options
    shit clothes