Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Player Marks: Charlton v Leicester

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Hamer 6.5 A couple of decent saves. I can't decide whether his slow distribution is because he has no options or takes his time. It can be annoying though.

Morrison 7 Much more like the Morro we know and love and a well taken goal

dervite 6.5 Did all that was asked of him

Cort 6.5 As Dervite

Jackson 7 Good dead balls and ran himself to a standstill in the oppressive heat. He also inspires the others through his presence. Missed what by his standards was a decent chance on his left foot.

Stephens 6.5 One of his better games and didn't go walkabout as much as usual. Like Jackson ran himself to a standstill.

Pritchard 9 Anyone there today knows why he has to play. So much energy and some finesse too at times.

Wiggins 6.5 Still a bit out of sorts at times but looked more like his old self as the game progressed.

Wilson 6.5 Did all that was asked of him crossing looked better too.

Church 8 Hard working performance. Gave their defence plenty to think about with his runs.

Kermorgant 8.5 More please! Immense and a deserved well taken goal. Did the same bloke wear his shirt against Middlesbrough?
  • Hamer 7
    Morrison 7
    dervite 6
    Cort 7
    Jackson 6
    Stephens 7
    Pritchard 9 MOTM (unbelievable engine, even in the last 5 mins he was the furthest man forward one minute and then in heartbeat throwing himself into a challenge in his own penalty area - quality)
    Wiggins 7
    Wilson 6
    Church 8
    Kermorgant 8
  • Hamer - 8
    Morrison - 8.5
    dervite - 7
    Cort - 8
    Jackson - 7
    Stephens - 8
    Pritchard - 8.5
    Wiggins - 7.5
    Wilson - 7.5
    Church 8.5
    Kermorgant - 8.5
  • edited August 2013
    Hamer 6 - decision making awful, but solid shot stopping
    Morrison 8 - best game of the season
    Dervite 7.5 - looked comfortable in the 3
    Cort 7.5 - solid defensive performance
    Jackson 7 - neat clever footballer
    Stephens 8 - said it before, will say it again - he will make a difference if he has 2 central midfielders alongside him,
    Pritchard 9 - my MOTM, extraordinary work rate but real quality in his passing today (peach of a ball through to Cousins).
    Wiggins 7 - still doesn't seem himself, but spent much of the second half racing towards their goalline which is encouragin
    Wilson 7 - best performance from him in a long time
    Church 8 - great movement and channel running, led the line very well
    Kermorgant 8.5 - seems to love playing Leicester, very strong second half performance

Thought the subs were excellent, incidentally. Interesting to see how much the team trust Cousins especially already.
  • Hamer 7
    Morrison 8
    dervite 8
    Cort 8
    Jackson 7
    Stephens 7
    Pritchard 8.5
    Wiggins 8
    Wilson 8.5 mom
    Church 8
    Kermorgant 8

Gower n/a
    Cousins n/a
    Pigott n/a
  • Hamer - 6 Looked edgy in the first half after a couple of misses from crosses. Did everything else ok after that.
    Morrison - 7 Good showing and the best game this season. Capped with a great goal.
    Dervite - 7 Worked well in the new defencive system with Cort and Morrison - fine game.
    Cort - 7 As Dervite sometimes looks statick but great defending in the seconf half
    Jackson - 7 Great game by jacko though he may get sent off as i think he was looking dodgy for a second yellow particularly after they got a man sent off.
    Stephens - 7 Why cant he play like this every week, great performance some good tackles and link up play.
    Pritchard -9 MOM. Endless running, tackles and tried to be positive whenever he could. There wasnt a blade of grass he never covered.
    Wiggins - 7 Another one who had his best game this season. Tried to support the forward where he could.
    Wilson - 7 - Nothing spectacular, wish he would try and find a man when going forward a bit quicker.
    Church - 7 Endless running and supported the line well with Kermo, did miss a sitter though in the first half.
    Kermorgant - 8 Enjoyes playing against his old club and capped with a great goal and apart from Schmeichel may had got a couple more.

Great performance against a good Leicester team.

• Hamer - 7
    Morrison - 7.5
    dervite - 8
    Cort - 7
    Jackson - 7.5
    Stephens - 7.5
    Pritchard - 8
    Wiggins - 7
    Wilson - 7.5
    Church - 8
    Kermorgant - 7
  • Hamer 6
    Morrison 8
    dervite 6
    Cort 6
    Jackson 6
    Stephens 7
    Pritchard 9
    Wiggins7
    Wilson 6
    Church 8
    Kermorgant 8
  • Hamer 6.5 - two good saves but flapped at a long throw
    Morrison 7 - Did well
    dervite 6.5 - Was OK
    Cort 7.5 - Got in the way of everything
    Jackson 6.5 - A good captain, got stuck in
    Stephens - 7 Played well.
    Pritchard 8 - Was everywhere
    Wiggins 6.5 - good defensively, less so going forward
    Wilson - 6.5 Some good crosses
    Church - 7 A for effort
    Kermorgant - 9 - What a team player. Good goal and could have had a hat-rick but for Schmeichel

Gower n/a - All subs contributed well
    Cousins n/a - Really like the look of this lad. Sensible passing and great off the ball too
    Pigott n/a - Promising
  • Hamer - 7
    Morrison - 7
    Dervite - 7
    Cort - 7
    Jackson - 6
    Stephens - 6
    Pritchard - 8 mom
    Wiggins - 7
    Wilson - 7
    Church - 7
    Kermorgant - 8
  • Sponsored links:

• Hamer-7
    Morrison-7
    dervite-7
    Cort-6.5
    Jackson-6.5
    Stephens.6.5
    Pritchard-8.5
    Wiggins.7
    Wilson.7
    Church-7.5
    Kermorgant-8

Gower n/a
    Cousins n/a
    Pigott n/a
  • Hamer-7 - couple of good stops, one or two shaky moments. People moaning about his distribution just makes me glad I didn't pay attention to the internet when we had Kiely in goal.
    Morrison - 7.5 Wouldn't have minded him being dropped after recent form, but absolutely delighted for him yesterday. Solid.
    Dervite -7.5 Again, solid. Really rate this chap.
    Cort-7.5 As above.
    Jackson-7 Do I remember any specifically good contribution from him? Not really. Am I sure him being in the team made a massive difference? Absolutely.
    Stephens - 8 Very surprised by some of the lower marks he's been given. This fellow has frustrated me more than any other Charlton player I can remember in recent times, but when he's on song he can be such a difference.
    Pritchard- 8.5 Outstanding. Yes, as a given, he works his grapefruits off, but doesn't always get the credit he deserves for being a pretty decent and intelligent passer of the ball.
    Wiggins - 7 Much better, possibly helped by not needing to bring his goggles and a snorkel this week.
    Wilson-7 Is it a right back? Is it a right midfielder? No, he's clearly a wing-back .Best I've seen from him for a while.
    Church - 7 Wasn't quite his day, but not through lack of effort.
    Kermorgant - 8 I find it very, very difficult to talk about this man without embarrassing myself, so we'll just leave it at that.

Me - 0... Charlton to win 2-1 with Yann to score? Nailed on. I really, really have to start gambling again.

• Hamer - 6.5 poor 1st half made a couple of important saves in the second half
    Morrison - 6.5 solid but poor distribution
    Dervite - 7 always has time when he has the ball
    Cort - 6.5 solid wish his heading was more accurate
    Jackson - 7
    Stephens - 7
    Pritchard - 8
    Wiggins - 6.5
    Wilson - 6.5
    Church - 8
    Kermorgant -8

Not to sure we have enough pace at the back to use wing backs. This and the Huddersfield match showed how exposed we are on the quick break.
  • Hamer 7
    Morrison 7
    dervite 6.5
    Cort 7
    Jackson 7
    Stephens 7.5
    Pritchard 7.5
    Wiggins 6.5
    Wilson 6.5
    Church 7
    Kermorgant 8
  • Hamer-6.5 couple of good saves.
    Morrison- 8 Passed well, big threat
    Dervite 5 do not understand the markings. Pathetic intervention for their goal. Get woody in there.
    Cort-8 controlled the defence.
    Jackson-7 Tackled well, drove us on and lead the team
    Stephens-8.5 one of those games. Dead balls were fantastic
    Pritchard-8 All action, got out wide well.
    Wiggins-7 Not on his best form but some great crosses
    Wilson-7 really suited the position
    Church- 6 lots of endeavour, but bit powder puff at times
    Kermorgant- 7.5 some great tackles, typical goal and could have been more.

Cousins and piggot demonstrated that we have a bench.
  • Hamer 7.5
    Wilson 7
    Wiggins 7.5
    Morrison 7.5
    Cort 7.5
    Dervite 7
    Pritchard 8
    Jackson 7
    Stephens 7.5
    Church 7.5
    Kermorgant 7.5
  • Hamer - 7
    Morrison - 9 MOTM
    Dervite - 8
    Cort - 7
    Jackson - 7
    Stephens - 9
    Pritchard - 9
    Wiggins - 7
    Wilson - 7
    Church - 9
    Kermorgant - 9
  • Hamer 7
    Morrison 8
    dervite 7
    Cort 7
    Jackson 7
    Stephens 8
    Pritchard 9 MOTM
    Wiggins 7.5
    Wilson 7
    Church 8
    Kermorgant 8
  • Hamer 7
    Morrison 8 extra mark for the goal
    dervite 7
    Cort 7
    Jackson 7
    Stephens 7
    Pritchard 8
    Wiggins 7
    Wilson 7
    Church 7
    Kermorgant 8

• Hamer 7 some v good stops, a few dodgy moments
    Morrison 8 back to his old self
    dervite 7 solid
    Cort 7 strange heading technique, but many of them!
    Jackson 7 getting there and a great presence in the team
    Stephens 7 just wish he'd be a bit more involved but great corners
    Pritchard 8.5 everywhere!
    Wiggins 7 formation suits him - much more like it
    Wilson 7 some good defensive work and supported attacks well
    Church 8 tireless and a real handful for them
    Kermorgant 8 as above plus a goal

• Sponsored links:

• Hamer 7
    Morrison 8
    dervite 7
    Cort 7.5
    Jackson 7
    Stephens 7
    Pritchard 8
    Wiggins 7
    Wilson 7
    Church 7
    Kermorgant 8
  • Hamer - 6.5
    Morrison - 8
    Dervite - 6.5
    Cort - 7.5
    Jackson - 7
    Stephens - 8
    Pritchard - 8.5 MOM
    Wiggins - 7.5
    Wilson - 7.5
    Church - 7
    Kermorgant - 8
  • Hamer 7
    Morrison 8
    Dervite 7
    Cort 8
    Jackson 7
    Stephens 8
    Pritchard 9
    Wiggins 7
    Wilson 7
    Church 8
    Kermorgant 8

Pretty much the same as Scoham. Nice to see Pritchard getting the high marks he deserves after a few lower scores earlier in the thread.
  • Hamer 7
    Morrison 7.5
    dervite 7
    Cort 7
    Jackson 6.5
    Stephens 7.5
    Pritchard 9
    Wiggins 7
    Wilson 6
    Church 7
    Kermorgant 8.5
  • Hamer - 6.5: made a balls up of a long throw into our box in the first half but two good saves in the second. Like so many goalies, a good shot stopper but can be suspect on crosses.
    Morrison - 7: very solid. Good to see him getting back to the player we know he is.
    Dervite - 7; very sound throughout.
    Cort - 7: as usual, dominant in the air. A man who knows exactly what he can and can't do ( although I enjoyed his mis-hit shot in the second half ).
    Jackson - 6: not fit and looked off the pace but good to get another 70 minutes into him. Missed a chance in the second half but his ability to make those late runs into the box is very important to us.
    Stephens - 7.5: I thought he was our best player in the first half, both in terms of breaking up play and in distribution. Faded a bit as the game went on but a good performance overall.
    Pritchard - 9: MOM
    Wiggins - 7.5: much much better.
    Wilson - 8: very good - real pace, strength and energy. What an engine.
    Church - 6.5. Not too much went for him. Missed a big chance in the first half ( although, to be fair, I think the ball just hit him ) and thwarted by Schmeichel and the post ( I think ) in the second. However, he never stopped running and trying to make things happen.
    Kermorgant - 7.5: as so often happens, he got stronger as the game went on.

Big shout to Chris Powell and his team in utilising the new system and, indeed, to the three substitutes. Cousins really does look like the real deal.
  • Hamer - 7
    Morrison - 8
    Dervite - 7
    Cort - 7
    Jackson - 7
    Stephens - 7.5
    Pritchard - 9
    Wilson - 7
    Wiggins 7.5
    Kermogant - 8
    Church - 8.5

Totally agree with you, no one deserves less than 7 against this sort of opposition and Pritchard was mom with all the people who sit around me. Dervite and Cort were imo as good as Morrison but what do I know
  • Redrobo said:

Hamer - 7
    Morrison - 8.5 Seemed very calm on the ball and linked up well.
    Dervite - 8
    Cort - 8
    Jackson - 7 Nice to see him back.
    Stephens 7.5
    Pritchard - 9 Worked and worked. MOM.
    Wiggins - 7
    Wilson - 8 Best game he has had for us.
    Church - 7 Worked hard.
    Kermorgant 8

SCP - A MASSIVE 10, Spot on with formation and sent them out with the right attitude from the start.

Cousins is a fantastic prospect.

Red a bit mean with Church but otherwise spot on imo

• Hamer 7 Two crucial saves at 1-0 and 2-1
    Morrison 6.5 Much better after recent blips. Strong character to put those behind him.
    dervite 6.5 Happy to see him back and another well-controlled effort towards the end
    Cort 7 The most dominant of the three
    Jackson 6.5 We're always so much better balanced with him in there
    Stephens 7 Had his usual slack moments but I thought he did well and ventured forward well after ht
    Pritchard 7 As always very industrious. 352 suited him
    Wiggins 7.5 Another return to form, enjoying the space the red card afforded him
    Wilson 8 V well suited to 352, crosses well on the run and so energetic
    Church 7 Ran himself into the ground, turning punts into worthwhile through balls
    Kermorgant 8 After a slow start Yann went on to dominate his old team again. Great to see him run at them with the ball for a change too.
  • Hamer 7
    Morrison 7.5
    dervite 6.5
    Cort 7
    Jackson 7
    Stephens 6.5
    Pritchard 8.5
    Wiggins 7
    Wilson 7
    Church 8
    Kermorgant 7.5

• edited September 2013