Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Schmeichel

Comments

• Options
    Kiely's two up at Birmingham were better, still a great save though.
  • Options
    His reactions to the referee's decision were fantastic as well!
  • Options
    One of the best saves, I have ever seen, the power in the header made the save top drawer
  • Options
    Struggling to think of a better save I have seen than that live. That said made a load a great saves and yet was at fault for the second goal and was at fault in conceding the corner for the first
  • Options
    Being behind it, I actually thought the one from the free kick was just as good as he managed to get right down to the corner and get a strong enough wrist to push it round
  • Options
    Some great saves, no doubt about that. But if he was our keeper we would have people on here moaning about the fact he looked iffy at corners and a couple of his walkabouts/kicks went straight to ours who tried to lob him - which would be fair enough.

Talking of keepers, who was it that said they hadn't seen Hamer make a save in ages? Wonder if he wants to come on here now and eat a bit of humble?
  • Options
    Great keeper
  • Options
    The save from Yanns freekick was world class
  • Options
    Kiely away at Birmingham is the best save I've ever seen in a Charlton match.
  • Options
    Kept Leicester in the game time and time today
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I noticed Yann go up to him during a break in play to congratulate him. That was as good a save as I have seen at a live game in nearly 40 years of watching football. Free kick, merely a great save - 2 yards nearer and Yann would have scored though- thought ref spotted it about 2 yards too far out too!
  • Options
    he has saved them on many occassions --he is a top keeper ....he kept the score respectable ...could have been 6
  • Options
    He's improved, don't remember him being that good when I've seen him before.
  • Options
    Pathetic use of the term world class. This is the second class league of a second class league. They were excellent saves. That is all.
  • Options

Pathetic use of the term world class. This is the second class league of a second class league. They were excellent saves. That is all.

The League is irrelevant. A world class save, goal whatever is world class no matter what league it's in or who did it. You're not a Sky sports commentator by any chance?
  • Options
    Best keeper in the Championship in my opinion.
  • Options

Spot on.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

I'm not trying to be a dick but I'd like to see that from another angle. The angle in the vid isn't great but looks at a pretty decent height for a goalie but he does do well to get it up rather than out. Happy to amend my opinion if it is world class tho.

In terms of saves at the Valley, the Norwich goalie who's at Celtic had the best performance I've seen from a keeper when they beat us 1-0 to win promotion.

Couldn't agree more with the second comment. That was some showing when we played Norwich.
  • Options

Reminds me of Petterson's save against Palace in about 96. That was past him as well- in fact, Petterson's was probably marginally better because it was bang on the line. Brilliant save though.

Peterson's was better - a lardy man with the reflexes of a feline just for one moment, and it stopped one for the nigels - poetry in motion!

Fraser Forster was the Norwich goalie, he is decent
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Some great saves, no doubt about that. But if he was our keeper we would have people on here moaning about the fact he looked iffy at corners and a couple of his walkabouts/kicks went straight to ours who tried to lob him - which would be fair enough.

Talking of keepers, who was it that said they hadn't seen Hamer make a save in ages? Wonder if he wants to come on here now and eat a bit of humble?

course he wont , some might even want them in his own own team as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The save was world class - maybe for Kermogant's goal he was less so and reminded you why he is in this league. He claimed a foul, but no ref would give a foul for that. If Buffon or Cassilas had made that save, people would be drooling
  • Options
    Randolph vs leeds in 2010 is right up there with Schmeichel's save. Especially as it was in injury time.
  • Options
    I have to agree & said so leaving the ground. The save from the header was world class.
  • Options

Even average players can do world class things on ocassions. The trick to becoming
    a world class player is to do these things on a consistant basis. But yeah, think some of the comments are a bit OTT..............
  • Options
    I've felt for some time that he doesn't always live up to the hype surrounding his name (not his fault) and is mainly a shot-stopper. We've scored quite freely against him for a while now. However the one from the header was an exceptional save, hence Yann's prolonged head-shaking and ultimate congratulation. Good too to see a modern player share a laugh with the oppo crowd, even if it was born out of a somewhat unjustified persecution complex. As a footnote, Hamer's two one-on-ones at 1-0 and 2-1 were crucial, if less spectacular, and made nonsense of the twaddle this week about him never saving us.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I was behind the goal, and frankly didn't expect it to go in. It was a header so not that powerful, and it wasn't into the floor or the top corner. I was more impressed by the free kick save. But this one looked rock and roll. Strong hand, good reactions. But slightly flattering.

This kid's an excellent shot stopper, but he's a drama queen and he gets bullied easily. I don't expect to see him in the Prem much.

I have a vague recollection of Nicky Weaver making a save or two in championship season that blew me away more than this one.
  • Options
    It was a fantastic stop, especially baring in mind how fast the header was going even in the slow motion replay.

Agree with a couple of the above posters though - still not as good as when Petterson had his Gordon Banks moment.
  • Options
    Mr. Happy said:

It was a fantastic stop, especially baring in mind how fast the header was going even in the slow motion replay.

Agree with a couple of the above posters though - still not as good as when Petterson had his Gordon Banks moment.

One of only two times that Andy Petterson and Gordon Banks are mentioned in the same sentence. The other time being "Andy Petterson was not anywhere near as good as Gordon Banks." ;-)

It was a great stop against the nigels though. Seem to remember that the attempt on goal came from a certain Hermann Hreidarsson, but I may be confused as it all seems a very long time ago!
  • Options
    Andy Peterson...what a player
  • Options
    First player to get done by the 6 second rule, after around 6.5 seconds, ref was desperate to get his name in the record books.