Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Schmeichel

13»

Comments

• Options
    Don't spose petterson's is on YouTube anywhere?
  • Options
    Sasa save at Ipswich was pretty good.
  • Options
    Badger said:

Anderson v Chelsea was amazing too
  • Options
    Weaver v Stoke in last minute to preserve a 1-0 home win was pretty damn good also.
  • Options

Randolph vs leeds in 2010 is right up there with Schmeichel's save. Especially as it was in injury time.

Don't remember that one but I do remember a late save he made in a 2-2 draw against Gillingham that was pretty breathtaking

• Options
    Even in this league players can have flashes of brilliance and the save from the free kick was one a world class goalkeeper would have been happy with.

Think of what ebanks-blake did a few years ago, I'd call that a flash of world class brilliance albeit against an inept centre half

Fraser Forster had an unbelievably good game that day. He's at Celtic now and should be pushing Joe Hart for the England spot
  • Options
    We looked like we would score from every corner which I've never seen before but a good shot stopper. Don't rate him, I wonder if he would do so well with a name like Smith
  • Options
    Made some excellent saves, and as others have pointed out seemed like a good sport.

Was he playing for coventry a few years ago when we beat them 4-1 last day of the season and powell scored the last goal? Because I remember him being at fault for many a goal then.
  • Options
    Id like to clarify I am not saying Kasper Schmeichel is a world class keeper

He was appalling controlling his box and his kicking was poor, give the boy credit where it is due though, and I was one who thought Petersons save against palace was awesome (better than Schmeichel jnr yesterday) but the act of stopping a brilliantly hit freekick from going in was top drawer
  • Options

Randolph vs leeds in 2010 is right up there with Schmeichel's save. Especially as it was in injury time.

This... Was real low down from Jermaine Beckford - Was in injury time and had we won at Exeter the following week we would have snuck 2nd rather than lose to Swindon in the playoffs (all ifs though)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2013
    This is classic Charlton Life. Even when opposition players play put of their skin against us then we will still pick holes in them!
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Badger said:

Anderson v Chelsea was amazing too
    Didn'tAnderson also make an incredible save on his debut vs Man Utd? I think that may have been tainted by the fact we lost 4-0 that day.

• Options
    The ultimate save at the Valley for those with long memories was Nicky Johns from David Speedie in a 1-1 draw v Chelsea in 1983.

For once Speedie was speechless. Brilliant diving save to his left from Speedie's header in front of a covered end mixed with home and away support.
  • Options
    I've certainly not seen a better save than that live. He's an excellent shot stopper and his distribution is very good as well but he doesn't command his box at set pieces.