Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Seeking a lifeline from a professional floor layer.

2»

Comments

• Options
    We all will. Next Charlton life drink up!
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I'll have to find my CL badge :)

• Options

I paid £8 for a pint in there not long ago! I am aiming to keep the prices sub £3 a pint from the microbrewery and other breweries if at all possible.

Curb_It said:

not at 8 quid a pint, you honestly paid 8 quid for a pint

• Options
    I was so heartbroken I almost soiled the beer with tears, that is until I remembered how much I just got charged! If I had not wanted it try it so much I would have told them where to take the pint, it wasn't even an oversized glass, and then it wasn't even as good as I had hoped.
    That said it is a lovely place to go for a pint if you can afford it. Or like me just a few times a year.
  • Options
    Sorry bit late to this but few of my customers do this. Pm if needs be. I also look after a couple of micro brewery's glad to say they seem to be doing well. Good luck!
  • Options
    Just wanted to give a short list of Charlton LIfe Heroes who have helped me no end (more than you will ever know)
    @mickc for sorting out the flooring for me and taking all the stress from me, and just like that all very simple and straightforward.
    @Joshuk87 for your help in non flooring matters.
    @Curb_It who told the Greenwich pack about the brewery the interest went through the roof.

Also a thank you to @Miserableoldgit for coming down and offering much.
    And @madadd thank you for the offers and you will get a call in the future.

We hope to open in the coming 10 days (everything crossed) details to follow
  • Options
    not 8 quid a pint are we ??? 8)
  • Options

not 8 quid a pint are we ??? 8)

Hoping to be more wetherspoons than neverspoons on the pricing front. Wine is already chosen and comes in very well priced only a few beers left to sort out and they should match the wine pricing.
  • Options
    sounds good look forward to popping in
  • Options
    Am looking forward to having a nose.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I take it the dogs are welcome?
    Only fair if the Warriors are bringing their bikes and wearing Lycra! ;)
  • Options
    could be the resting place of our weary legs TCE if they are

Lola
    Bailey
    Mickey Lock Stock
  • Options
    Good luck hope it goes well, I'm sure I will pop in at some point.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

They are indeed, with all the creature comforts we can find.
    (At least in the bar area where EH don't have to much say - the restaurant area I will need to talk with them about)

We are opening the Bar (but not the restaurant) on Saturday the 5th October all are welcome.

• Options
    Might pop down straight after the game for a couple or will you be opening later? I paid 9 quid for a glass of wine in the Old Brewey last week. Will there be something a little cheaper! Robbing bastards they are. Its a shame as lovely place but overpriced.
  • Options
    Good luck with the opening we will get down there shortly to sample the beer and put a face to the handle
  • Options

T.C.E said:

They are indeed, with all the creature comforts we can find.
    (At least in the bar area where EH don't have to much say - the restaurant area I will need to talk with them about)

We are opening the Bar (but not the restaurant) on Saturday the 5th October all are welcome.

What time Mr Stras ?
    (Thinking about pre-match or after).

• Options
    @T.C.E Ok I have talked with my EHO (I know on a Sunday, she is good) No law about dogs in Restaurants so they are welcome to dine as long as they take full resonspablerty for their owners!!

We will open around midday all being well and staying open until 11pm

@Curb_It We will be serving our house wines on the day and a Prosecco our pricing on the bottles will be £12.50 - £14.00 for the houses and around £22 for the Prosecco - glass prices will be a few pence more (rounded up) per glass and size etc. Our full wine list will be available when the restaurant opens in a few weeks. It is a real shame about the pricing at the old brewery as it is such a lovely place to drink, but they have the market and can get away with it - a bit like the dial arch in Woolwich. We will not be taking on Wetherspoons with our pricing as we don't want to attract that crowd but our overheads are low for the area so we can be competitive.
  • Options
    I think you will do very well. Lots of flats gone up since it closed down in its previous life. And from the feeling on twitter people are genuinely fed up with getting ripped off. Good prices on the house wines.

You must be so excited. Good luck!
  • Options
    £9 bloody hell B, the amount you drink, I bet you didn't get much change out of £200
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

£9 bloody hell B, the amount you drink, I bet you didn't get much change out of £200

And that only before kick-off at The Valley !
    ;-)

• Options
    Lol
  • Options
    Sorry to hijack this thread, but are there any other floor layers out there? Need a price for engineered oak in my house. Cheers!