Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

cheating in boxing

was there for all to see tonight its a corruption that could ruin the sport and I love boxing so its so sad to see , Ricky burns had a dislocated jaw from rd 2 he then did not get in range to hit and the Mexican battered him from rd 3 to 11 and knocked ricky over in the 8th

I had ricky down by 4 rds yet he scrapes the result and keeps his belt

never bet on this sport unless its a ko the result is fixed more often than not

Comments

• Options
    Can't argue with any of that

Makes me sick how the politically connected fighters get the decision regardless. Very brave from Burns though, if you've ever even had a bruised jaw you can imagine how muvh pain he was in
  • Options
    That was a disgrace of a decision, and a convenient 'draw' on the third judge's card.

Beltran deserves to be world champion and the big pay day etc that would come with it, instead he will be quietly forgotten about.

The reaction of the crowd said it all.
  • Options
    Nice to see the home crowd was to embarrassed to cheer at the end.
    Boxing has always been fixed.
  • Options
    mate no doubting his heart but can you imagine if this was Froch or the like getting done that way in the US

disgusting I was rooting the Mexican on as he was outstanding and I couldn't understand what was wrong with Burns something was up that was obvious and fair play he never quit but he aint the champ tonight and everyone knows it the Jocks knew it in that arena

Robbery, Corruption, Cheating terrible news that for British boxing as it should never happen and def shouldn't happen here

I said to the Missus tonight before the fight

Eddie H is earning so much dough so many good fighters so many good shows he should be really proud of what he is building, I wouldn't be too proud tonight if I was Eddie, not for one min saying he was behind it but he knows one of his shows and one of his fighters has been on the end of a fix tonight
  • Options
    Beltran's post fight interview was brilliant. Very scathing about the sport
  • Options
    bang on the money but done himself out of a pay day with it though
  • Options
    yeah,won't do him any favours in the future
  • Options
    too honest the poor bloke, he gave everything and won fair and square and should be world champion

Burns can say it was due to his jaw and id accept that excuse, but that's the last 2 fights he has looked poor , one they said he was over trained, now the jaw

he says he will give him a rematch but I cant see it they will keep him away from it, be interesting to hear Eddies comments on it, I think he is looked upon favourably by fans I know I like what I see and hear , lets see if he backs up his facade
  • Options
    Boxing judges are always swung for the home fighters.

The power needs to be in the hands of the commission (WBA, WBO, whoever) rather than the promoters getting to pick and choose which ref and judges to have and pay off.

Burns should've had at least a point taken off for holding and wasn't even close to winning. Felt for Beltran, deserving champion.
  • Options
    What Hearn should say is that it was clearly a very controversial decision and that, for the integrity of the sport, they will offer a rematch at a neutral venue as soon as Burns' jaw is healed.
    He should also add that the judge who gave the decision to Burns should never be allowed to score a world title bout again.

But I suspect the chances of him saying much of that are pretty remote. (And he'll probably be asking for that judge again in the future).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What Hearn should say is that it was clearly a very controversial decision and that, for the integrity of the sport, they will offer a rematch at a neutral venue as soon as Burns' jaw is healed.
    He should also add that the judge who gave the decision to Burns should never be allowed to score a world title bout again.

But I suspect the chances of him saying much of that are pretty remote. (And he'll probably be asking for that judge again in the future).

Burns will never go near that guy again. They'll blame the injury and make sure to fight nobodies for a year.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I know nothing about this sport but when Sonny Liston went down to a tap from the GREATEST Cassius Clay, I have always had my doubts.
  • Options
    That was a terrible result for boxing, Hearn has now turned us into Germany or Italy where you have to get a KO for a result.
  • Options
    Jim Watt often irritates me, but he was pretty much spot on last night about this. Had Beltran by 2, but I may have given him more.

The US judge having Burns by 3 was a joke. Fair play to the lad for staying on with a dislocated jaw, but that doesn't earn you the points. Beltran has every right to be aggrieved and Burns/Hearn should agree the rematch as soon as possible, if they want to hold their heads up after this result. A very bad night for boxing.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, was the first time Jim Watt had got it spot on. The silence is the Glasgow crowd said it all.

They knew Beltran had been robbed.

I'll have some of what the US judge was smoking, must of had some party Friday night....what a crook.
  • Options
    still pissed off with this, this morning the comment about us turning into Germany and Italy are correct add the US to that and the whole sport is ruined

some one has to sort this out
  • Options
    Disgusting last night , shocked by richie Davies scoring it a draw .
  • Options

never bet

Wise words.

Lets be honest, as much as plenty of you chaps love the pugilism - my dear and long time friend Nolly more than most - any sport where there are about six different organisations claiming world champions at more and more weights is getting as hard to take seriously as top flight football.

• Options
    Boxing has been corrupt for donkeys years. Many a good fighter has been told to lose "or else" over the years. Where money can be made on gambling it is certain corruption is rife. Easy with boxing though as only one person needs to be got at.
  • Options
    Boxing fixed? Not when 2 boxers get a license to fight from another country to fight in a country where they have been refused a license and get a big televised venue. No, boxing is squeeky clean, not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But then again, any sport where someone gets banned for cheating and then gets cheered to the rafters on their return is a load of nonsense too (Kieren Fallon).
  • Options
    Really enjoyed this fight, Burns looked great in the first but then the tide turned, probably due to jaw. Beltran was superb though and clearly should be champion. Burns not being penalised for holding so often and the ridiculous scoring shows how bent this sport is. Nothing we didn't already know though.
  • Options

But then again, any sport where someone gets banned for cheating and then gets cheered to the rafters on their return is a load of nonsense too (Kieren Fallon).

Agreed. I dislike any 'sportsman' or organisation that cast a shadow on my 'Sports World'. Unfortunately, my blacklist is getting ever longer. It's hard to keep up sometimes.
  • Options
    Boxing funny enough is prob one of the least corrupt sports . Hard to get title shots if you can't sell a ticket but usually judging is near the mark . This was a bad one but not the worst I had the Mexican by only two myself . Look at cycling and snooker for the worst and for cheats in performance athletics . Boxing for all the haters is at a all time high at present the Olympics we excelled and were one of the best in the professional game and near every show is a sell out . The sport is thriving
  • Options
    And the myth of mma taking over . In the uk I went to the best they have to offer few weeks ago . Shit and crap crowds and run by one man
  • Options
    A predictable result .. British boxing is now as fixed and corrupt as was American boxing in the 50s and 60s
  • Options
    "Eddie Hearn ‏@EddieHearn: Morning all..long night. Ricky is now in surgery to have a titanium plate in his jaw. Lots of tweets about the decision, it's difficult for me to score the fight with an emotional attachment, my gut feeling when I got in the ring was the Beltran had it after a close fight. I'm not sure how Ricky continued for 10 rounds with an injury like that and right now my concerns are for him and making sure he is ok."
  • Options
    Both Hearn & Burns have been very honest. Hope that Ricky recovers well and they honour Beltran with that re-match.
  • Options
    How burns fought with that injury amazes me . The bravery of the man