Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Solly's Injury

Comments

• Options
    Wilson is a terrible right back. He's better pushed further up the pitch.

Who plays left mid for the scum?
  • Options
    Anyone who thinks Wilson doesn't offer us any thing probably doesn't have a clue about football.

Inconsistent last season but this season has been excellent in defence and attack. Its not even a matter for debate.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Lawrie Wilson is a very good player IMO. Has great fitness and is a bigger attacking threat than given credit for.

completely agree. we were saying before the Watford game (knowing nothing of how long solly would be out for) that Wilson deserved to keep his place for the game even if solly did come back.
  • Options
    Don't really get the huge Wilson hate this season, thought he's done pretty well.
  • Options

Don't really get the huge Wilson hate this season, thought he's done pretty well.

Not really heard many slating him to be fair and for a second choice right back does anyone think we can do much better ?
  • Options
    Given that Wilson was surely always intended to be cover/ Plan B in case Solly got injured, I really don't think we can be too critical. Is he as good as Solly? Not really. But is he decent cover and a decent player? Yes he is. He's not done anything this season to suggest Solly will just walk straight back into the team - definitely not if we persevere with the 3-5-2 that seems to suit Wilson well.
  • Options
    I think the system would of suited a tireless scott wagstaff.
  • Options

Very good shout
  • Options
    Too late now boys! Reckon Quality out for another 3 weeks or so. Of course he's our best right back but not so sure that he is our best right wing back but what do I know ....
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    We are moving to bare bones territory with Solly out for a little and Kermorgant doubtful... Time for loan signings to avoid terminal spin?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jordan Cousins can play RB perfectly well, is decent back-up if anything happens to Wilson.
  • Options

except he couldn't tackle to save his life
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

& wilson can ?

• Options

Davo55 said:

& wilson can ?

Yes. Not as well as Solly it is true, but far far better than you are willing to give him credit for. Like most aspects of his game in fact.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Davo55 said:

Thats just simply not true.
  • Options
    He can tackle...its just his positional sense that worries me. As a RB when he first came i thought he was absolutely dreadful, but now he's settled and looks a lot more accomplished, he could probably do a job there.
  • Options
    Wilson suffers from playing a similar position to Solly. As soon as Wilson plays, some of our fans compare him directly to golden boy Solly and he immediately gets branded as 'rubbish' and 'useless'. Give the guy credit, he has been decent this season and deserves his place in the side. He is a good player who perhaps just needs a little more consistency.

Agree with the above comment that we need Yann back tomorrow more than we need Solly!
  • Options
    It doesn't sound like there's any chance of getting big money for Solly given his cartilage problems.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The right-back is continuing his recuperation from a knee injury and Powell is keen not to rush his reigning Player of the Year back into action.

He explained: “His injury is going to be a bit longer than we first expected which is a shame for him. We will have to nurse him and make sure he is right when he comes back.

“He started to train last week but was still in a bit of discomfort a day or two after. We have got to make sure he is OK because he is a key player and has been for the last two years. I want to make sure he is right and ready when he says, and we say, he is.

“It’s a knee problem. You have got to take your time with them, it is a key area and I am sure when Chris says he is ready then he will be ready. We have got to look out for him because it is the bigger picture. I don’t want him just for a game or two - I want him available and ready for selection in the remaining games of the season.”

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20130920-powell-eyes-derby-fortune-1065847.aspx#OW6FVDl0CyioroXE.99
  • Options
    if chris solly gets injured too much that is a good 100k of his transfer value, we're not made of money, if january is going to happen.
    lol jk he'll be playin tomoz
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he has Ledley type knee wear, there will be no transfer. Won't pass a medical.
  • Options
    We have shown that we can do more than alright without him, not that having him back won't be a massive boost.
  • Options
    just a reminder of Chris and Harry in training a couple of weeks ago:

• Options
    If the rumors are true he wont be leaving if his injury is the same as the problem ledley king had,he plays one games then needs to be rested no prem team would take him, It would explain why he never left in the summer just hope its not the same problem king had cos that could potentially end his career at a very young age.
  • Options
    Signs a new four-year contract...get's career threatening knee injury and never plays again..it's the Charlton way....Gary Rowett, Richard Rufus...

I may have slightly overreacted here with exaggerated cynicism. Calm down!

• Options

just a reminder of Chris and Harry in training a couple of weeks ago:

No shin pads - dangerous
  • Options

If the rumors are true he wont be leaving if his injury is the same as the problem ledley king had,he plays one games then needs to be rested no prem team would take him, It would explain why he never left in the summer just hope its not the same problem king had cos that could potentially end his career at a very young age.

Ah yes, the rumours in your head only.

Move on.
  • Options

Signs a new four-year contract...get's career threatening knee injury and never plays again..it's the Charlton way....Gary Rowett, Richard Rufus...

I may have slightly overreacted here with exaggerated cynicism. Calm down!

He had the injury prior to the contract extension.
  • Options

Where has this been rumoured ?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    se9addick said:

Where has this been rumoured ?
    On here someone posted comments on something Mark Gower had said at Bromley Addicks on the 19th September
    Gower apparently said Solly has had injections and mentioned Ledley King as a example i was not there which is why i only said rumored because it seems like that's what Gower said which is a bit worrying to me