Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ios7 update

124»

Comments

• Options
    Those that don't like the new look, bear with it, I read a lot of comments about it being unpopular but those people did come round during th beta trials.

I have to confess to finding it difficult at first. I am now 42 and used to love anything new, but I think I've reached the age where I don't crave change as much and, perhaps, don't, really, like it at all.
  • Options
    Silly question probably but have updated and when you double click to bring up all your open apps you used to hold finger on an icon and crosses would appear so you could close them. How do I close them now.
  • Options
    @mronelung

Still double click to bring them up, and flick them upwards
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    MrOneLung said:

Silly question probably but have updated and when you double click to bring up all your open apps you used to hold finger on an icon and crosses would appear so you could close them. How do I close them now.

I think you swipe up the screen.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Has anyone managed to update on an iPhone 4 ? The Mrs can't seem to get hers to download.

Is it an iPhone 4S? Don't think it will load on a standard 4.

• Options
    Workmates have ios7 on their 4 working fine
  • Options
    cafcbrown said:

@mronelung

Still double click to bring them up, and flick them upwards

Cheers.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

buckshee said:

Has anyone managed to update on an iPhone 4 ? The Mrs can't seem to get hers to download.

Done it now . Will load on anything 4 and above just not with all the features.

I can't believe that however many years it is after bringing out the iphone that it's still not possible to multi delete text messages.
  • Options
    If you put Google Maps in the second row, second column, you get an 80s video game effect when you open up something else, like the calculator.

I know, it's incredible.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

cafc-west said:

buckshee said:

I can't believe that however many years it is after bringing out the iphone that it's still not possible to multi delete text messages.
    You've been able to do this for ages!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can any lifers help, my iTunes app crashes as soon as I load it on my ios7 updated 4s or do I need to contact apple?
    Thanks
  • Options
    Anyone come across any more issues since uploading?

My phone no longer charges on the speaker dock, only via plug.
    Had to google How you reject an incoming phone call.
  • Options

buckshee said:

cafc-west said:

buckshee said:

You defo can't . Can sort of do it with email but not with texts. You can delete an entire convo at once but not a bank of texts from various people .
  • Options
    Hold down a message, click more and then you can select texts and delete them from individuals.

Well I can anyway!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    buckshee said:

buckshee said:

cafc-west said:

buckshee said:

You defo can't . Can sort of do it with email but not with texts. You can delete an entire convo at once but not a bank of texts from various people .
    Well, I seem to be able to do that. Unless I've misunderstood what you are trying to do.

I've just tried to do it again and I can delete complete conversations, any number of texts from one person or multiple conversations from different people.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    WSS you can do that to delete multiple texts from one person (ie a conversation) but not multiple from various people.

KHA maybe you can explain how to delete multiple texts from various people at once to me then?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    buckshee said:

WSS you can do that to delete multiple texts from one person (ie a conversation) but not multiple from various people.

KHA maybe you can explain how to delete multiple texts from various people at once to me then?

Nope. You are quite right you can't access texts from different people whilst in the 'multiple delete' screen. Texts have to be listed in some grouping order and Apple do it by contact. You can delete multiple texts from one person - either all of them or selected texts, or you can delete the whole conversation from one or multiple people at once.

I can't see a way to do what you are suggesting without having all texts listed in date order irrespective as to who they are from but I don't see that as practible based on the number of texts I receive these days.

Incidentally with emails being 'grouped' into conversations the same restrictions apply there.

Also as far as I can see the popular 'WhatsApp' works the same way.

I don't, and have never, felt that what you are asking for is something I would use, but that doesn't detract from the fact that you are quite correct and iOS doesn't enable one to do what you say and I apologise for misunderstanding you and/or claiming you were wrong.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Ha ha. Thanks for that.

As what's app I don't think it's possible on that even.

I think it's strange as it's possible in mail. It's possible to do on every phone I've had before. My current crap Nokia work phone allows me to ''mark all' then delete. Not a massive problem that it's not possible on iOS but just think it's strange it still hasn't been added