Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peaky Blinders

Comments

• Options
    yeah it was brilliant. glad to see they are making series 2 and more i hope.

excellent decisions on castings although not many real brummies in the show. the head uniform policeman had the only authentic accent in the show (you will now probably tell me his from Cornwall or something though)

A period of British history that hasnt been subject of much dramatisation. We all hear of al capone, lucky luciano et al but nothingabout the same structures in post-WW1 britain.

I think this could be due to the effect the next war had, where records were changed and history re-written/hidden for the nation`s greater good. Careless talk costs lives and all that.

I can completely understand why gangs were so prevelant post-WW1. you have a body of men, used to leadership by force, now in a vaccumm…also under the heavy influence of PTSD and lack of decent employment opportunities.

“if the finians have the gons, ill get dem. If the communists have the gons, ill find them. And if any common criminal has the gons, ill get dem 2” brilliant.

its also addressing a fairly sensitive subject matter in terms of the role played by Sam Neil. I think they dealt with this very well and a previously taboo topic has been well represented.
  • Options

excellent decisions on castings although not many real brummies in the show. the head uniform policeman had the only authentic accent in the show (you will now probably tell me his from Cornwall or something though)

Think he used to be in Emmerdale.
  • Options

Think he used to be in Emmerdale.
    Yep he did ... got killed by an aeroplane of all things !!

• Options
    Anthony "Tony" Pitts (born 10 October 1962) is an English actor, most notable for playing Archie Brooks in the long-running British soap Emmerdale Farm between 1983 and 1993.[1]

thanks. spot on brummie in any event.

the ending was always the most likely plot path, if only for the tried and tested logic that they need to write out the love interest in order to cast another one for next series. tbh, i actually thought she was the weakest of the main characters.
  • Options

Anthony "Tony" Pitts (born 10 October 1962) is an English actor, most notable for playing Archie Brooks in the long-running British soap Emmerdale Farm between 1983 and 1993.[1]

the ending was always the most likely plot path, if only for the tried and tested logic that they need to write out the love interest in order to cast another one for next series. tbh, i actually thought she was the weakest of the main characters.

I'm not totally convinced she's gone for good. Especially after they pulled a very similar trick with Danny back at the beginning!
  • Options
    I have really enjoyed it so far, some very odd atmospheric photography in it. If you've missed any you can catch up on iplayer I only started watching at episode 3 so I had to rewind.
  • Options
    Really enjoyed this. I hope they release a soundtrack.
  • Options
    After meeting one of the actresses up in manc last wknd have given it a go this week, brilliant watch, only seen first 3 episodes mind.
  • Options
    Ripper st coming back soon.
  • Options
    For those interested, here is the soundtrack listing for series 1:

entertainmentoutlook.com/2013/10/06/peaky-blinders-soundtrack-series-1/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brilliant!
  • Options
    Damn! My normally reliable digibox has scrambled the final episode, and being abroad I can't use iPlayer. Damn!
  • Options

Damn! My normally reliable digibox has scrambled the final episode, and being abroad I can't use iPlayer. Damn!

Don't worry.......nothing happened :D
  • Options

Ripper st coming back soon.

Another very good series
  • Options
    Peaky Blinders series 2 is coming in the autumn.
    If you didn't see series 1, I'd try & watch it.
    It's a little bit like a Brummy version of The Godfather :-)
  • Options

Peaky Blinders series 2 is coming in the autumn.
    If you didn't see series 1, I'd try & watch it.
    It's a little bit like a Brummy version of The Godfather :-)

Great shout CE.
    Loved the first one, really looking froward to this one.
  • Options
    Series 1 is being repeated this week and I presume next week.

BBC2 11.20pm Mon - Wed & here's an i player link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p01fj94w/peaky-blinders-episode-1
  • Options
    Series 2 starts 2nd 0ct bbc2 9.00pm
  • Options
    Oooah, Peakie Rocket!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Missed this the first time around, just catching up on Series 1. Absolutely brilliant.
  • Options
    Episodes 5 & 6 of the 1st series are repeated tonight BBC2 22.30 & 23.30.
  • Options
    Series 2 just starting on BBC1 now.
  • Options
    Hooked again
  • Options
    Great show although I wasn't keen on the dentistry.
  • Options
    Looks like Tom is being played.
  • Options

Looks like Tom is being played.

Or maybe Thomas is doing the playing
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

I'm not totally convinced she's gone for good. Especially after they pulled a very similar trick with Danny back at the beginning!
    CALLED IT! Though where/when she'll be back will be interesting now the game is up. On the other hand, now they've added Tom Hardy into the cast I can only see this being one of the best series of the year, again.
  • Options
    Just watched first episode. Superb. Kept building up and up and up until end sequence. Looking forward to second episode with Tom Hardy now.
  • Options
    Brilliant series, just brilliant.