Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peaky Blinders

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2014
    The choice of music is still as good as the first series.
  • Options
    Anyone at the game wearing a peaked cap will get a swerve from me. The original chaps being from Birmingham and all that.
  • Options
    pettgra said:

Anyone at the game wearing a peaked cap will get a swerve from me. The original chaps being from Birmingham and all that.

I'm sure that the brum fans when to the last game of last season dressed as peaky blinders.
  • Options

pettgra said:

I'm sure that the brum fans when to the last game of last season dressed as peaky blinders.
    I am sure they were as good as gold.................hopefully!
  • Options
    pettgra said:

Not just from Birmingham but Small Heath.

Birmingham City's original name? Small Heath Alliance
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I think i must be the only one who was disappointed with the first episode.
  • Options
    Gratuitously over violent first episode but nevertheless, good stuff .. as has already been said, a period in the inter- war, pre financial market crash of which I and it seems most of us, know little .. inventive conjuncture of modern music and dark, brooding period stage sets.
  • Options
    Thought the first episode was alright, but how bad are the cockney accents?!
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Thought the first episode was alright, but how bad are the cockney accents?!

They weren't cockneys though, they were Italian.
  • Options
    Loving the second series so far.

Tom Hardys character is quite funny as well without stealing the show.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a fantastic series from the Beeb. Brilliant.
    Arthurs not much of a nutter...........
  • Options
    Haven't read all the posts - feel the director has used the Lockstock style of musical atmospherics which is wierd to have relatively modern songs for a period drama. But it works for me!
  • Options
    I've stuck with it but I'm still unconvinced about the second season. I agree Tom Hardy is excellent in it.
  • Options
    It's a ripping yarn as distinct to an accurate portrayal of the criminal classes post Great War. It entertains me after a weary day at work (not sure which day it's shown as I sky plus it).
  • Options
    Can't help but think Thomas Shelby looks like a ventriloquist dummy.
  • Options
    Finale anyone? thought it was excellent.
    the scene with Tom Hardy and Cillian Murphy across the desk from each other was brilliant.

Didn't see how he was going to get out of that situation.

Are we going with May or Grace?

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Series two got better as it went along. The hand grenade stand off scene with Cillian Murphy and Tom Hardy was the highlight of the second season. Great acting.
  • Options

Finale anyone? thought it was excellent.
    the scene with Tom Hardy and Cillian Murphy across the desk from each other was brilliant.

Didn't see how he was going to get out of that situation.

Are we going with May or Grace?

Both?
  • Options
    Marry Grace and May on the side. My son tells me May is Tom Hardy's wife in real life so maybe not.
  • Options
    I think May.

Grace got on my nerves delaying him getting it done on time!

Yes, May is Tom Hardy's wife in real life. He's one terrifying mo fo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great series, one of the best ones I've seen, well done the Beeb.
    For those that missed it, catch up with both series, its the nuts and its British made.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Great series, one of the best ones I've seen, well done the Beeb.
    For those that missed it, catch up with both series, its the nuts and its British made.

This. Gripping until the end.
  • Options
    What a brilliant episode last night. Hardy is absolutely terrifying. BBC at its very best.
  • Options
    Great show and series.

Can't wait for the next series
  • Options
    Just coming to the end of the series 1 and 2 box sets after getting numerous recommendations from friends to watch it. Absolutely superb!

Does anyone know if there has been any indication as to when series 3 is going to be aired?
  • Options
    No, but I would imagine it will be one of the big autumn series GR.
  • Options
    hopefully, will look forward to this again
  • Options
    My favourite series form last year, from the writing through to the acting and the music, it was top draw.

I understand that they will be making another series. Lets hope its up to the previous series standards.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

My favourite series form last year, from the writing through to the acting and the music, it was top draw.

I understand that they will be making another series. Lets hope its up to the previous series standards.

A third series has definitely been commissioned Greenie. Good news :smile: