Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where was everyone today...?

Really surprised at the attendance, thought it would be higher for our derby game...!?

Comments

• Options
    What was it
  • Options
    No day sales and on TV
  • Options
  • Options
    I like these threads. I was round my mates house (in Norwich) because I don't have sky sports (and he does).
  • Options
    I'm not having a dig at anyone, I was just surprised at how low the attendance was...
  • Options
    That's a good couple of thousand down on 6 months ago
  • Options
    Poor attendance same as last season. When we played them in league one it was before Christmas and we got 20k

Despite being promoted our crowds are shrinking and I'm not sure the club are doing enough to boost that
  • Options
    Thought you were talking about the players from the thread's title...
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Adults could pay £24 or £30 in home stands, or watch it on tv. Sensible pricing..?
  • Options

Poor attendance same as last season. When we played them in league one it was before Christmas and we got 20k

Despite being promoted our crowds are shrinking and I'm not sure the club are doing enough to boost that

Agree. It was on TV, an early KO, we were playing a team who we knew we wouldn't out in a fight against and the police would cause problems after the game with regards to travel. Not surprised it was a low turnout.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    At home watching on tele nursing a broken leg. Only good thing to come out the injury meant I didnt have to travel to SE7 to watch that shower.
  • Options
    Leeds and back.
  • Options
    We could have had 25,000 and it would have been the same noise levels, thought it was a decent atmosphere overall.
  • Options
    Took youngest daughter back to university, Ms Lat just back from hols, glad I missed the horror show especially after watching Tuesday night's game!
  • Options

Attendance six months ago vs Millwall 18,514
    Attendance vs Palace live on Sky 12 months ago 21,730

So far the first three games are way down on last season. I'm sure the club could do something to turn this around on and off the pitch?

• Options
    Blue flu might catch it myself next season
  • Options

Blue flu might catch it myself next season

You'll be there NLA
  • Options
    Ticket prices ridiculous, youth team players,recession and people can't afford to spend out the money going football. To many restrictions on tickets for some of these derby games also
  • Options
    Perhaps the players looked at the empty seats and thought 'if our fans can't turn up, why should we?'
  • Options
    Was in Blackheath after the game. Paul Hart and other directors in a restaruant drinking champagne and the like.

Pretty sure they do not give a damn about the falling attendances.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know mate i will but will the players show up this time
  • Options
    James course they don't. Larging it up drinking mulled wine and chardonnay, fooking del boy size doobies getting passed round "spreading the love" Never liked Hart, people need to remember he is EX PALACE. Dougie freedmans buddy he is. Why you think we got Sordell.
  • Options
    You can't blame the fans though. Perhaps I am just getting old, however, when I was growing up watching Charlton in the early Curbishley days, I never remember the football being this bad in general; this is not a direct judgement of today's performance.

Charlton always used to be a team that had a go, that had spirit, that played on the front foot and even though the opposition may have been more talented or benefited from better resources, our spirit and attitude bridged the gap.

These days, however, I always come away from The Valley disheartened. Perhaps it is just nostalgia........
  • Options

Perhaps the players looked at the empty seats and thought 'if our fans can't turn up, why should we?'

Because that's what they're paid to do.
  • Options

Exactly!
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Exactly!
    Paid handsomely I would add !!!
  • Options

I absolutely hate this sort of comment

• Options
    Most local derbies attract greater attendances than normal - this doesn't seem to be the case with Charlton.
  • Options
    Agree. Ridiculous thing to say.
  • Options
    Why did so many of our fans choose not to support the team today? This is supposed to be the fixture that we want to win more than any other, yet so many stayed away and then moaned about the player's performance.