Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where was everyone today...?

Comments

• Options
    Paul Hart is even getting stick now haha
  • Options
    Cant belive the hart comment

But we have cowardly fans as well as players
  • Options

I like these threads. I was round my mates house (in Norwich) because I don't have sky sports (and he does).

I don't have sky sports I went!
  • Options

Why did so many of our fans choose not to support the team today? This is supposed to be the fixture that we want to win more than any other, yet so many stayed away and then moaned about the player's performance.

I'm surprised you went, seems like the sort of fixture you would hate

• Options
    Why wouldn't I go - I go to all home matches.
  • Options

Adults could pay £24 or £30 in home stands, or watch it on tv. Sensible pricing..?

Money shouldn't come into it when when it's your club against them.

• Options

Why wouldn't I go - I go to all home matches.

Your previous comments haven't exactly painted you as someone who relishes a game against Millwall. Not having a dig, you go to more games than I do

• Options
    What about when the players see a packed away end at the toolbox ? Argument is invalid. They should be up for this whatever. They never are.
  • Options
    If you can only make 1 game all season it should be this
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

You can't blame the fans though. Perhaps I am just getting old, however, when I was growing up watching Charlton in the early Curbishley days, I never remember the football being this bad in general; this is not a direct judgement of today's performance.

Charlton always used to be a team that had a go, that had spirit, that played on the front foot and even though the opposition may have been more talented or benefited from better resources, our spirit and attitude bridged the gap.

These days, however, I always come away from The Valley disheartened. Perhaps it is just nostalgia........

Yes I can blame the fans............. Get a fucking spine and turn up... It's millwall for fucks sake, they are all mugs .... I know!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just a hunch...
  • Options
    It was probably drummed into the players all week that this fixture matters to the fans more than any other. When they came out onto the pitch they would have seen half empty home stands. They may have then thought that perhaps it doesn't matter so much to the fans as they were lead to believe.
  • Options

It was probably drummed into the players all week that this fixture matters to the fans more than any other. When they came out onto the pitch they would have seen half empty home stands. They may have then thought that perhaps it doesn't matter so much to the fans as they were lead to believe.

give over listen to yourself...they should have put in a better performance that than if only one man and hid dog turned up it was pathetic
  • Options

You may need to have a check up to see if you are retarded!!!
  • Options
    I'm not condoning the performance - it certainly wasn't great, but I would have expected the attendance to be better than it was.
  • Options

I'm not condoning the performance - it certainly wasn't great, but I would have expected the attendance to be better than it was.

Was you there?

• Options
    You can't blame the lack of fans for the inept performance from the players.

I was however genuinely surprised by the low attendance today, this was the first game I looked for when the fixtures came out and would have expected a few more to have turned up...?
  • Options
    Yes, I was there
  • Options
    Having a break between the delights of Hudders and Burnley away
  • Options

You can't blame the lack of fans for the inept performance from the players.

I was however genuinely surprised by the low attendance today, this was the first game I looked for when the fixtures came out and would have expected a few more to have turned up...?

Why cant you? do you think the players dont realise no one bothered to turn up?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yes, I was there

Well done
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I missed last season's fixture as I was on the operating table having my knee joint replaced. The match against Millwall in the last season we played them prior to that was on a very snowy day and I couldn't get out of my road. As I missed the last two home matches against Millwall, I was really looking forward to this one.
  • Options
    Still, well done.................... Struggling not to laugh about having a snowy drive though.
  • Options
    It was very poor from our support. In 2 weeks the attendance vs Blackpool will probably still be higher and they won't bring half as much as Millwall did
  • Options

It was very poor from our support. In 2 weeks the attendance vs Blackpool will probably still be higher and they won't bring half as much as Millwall did

Wouldn't be sure about that today was our highest of the season so far.
  • Options
    I was there but can understand and not condemn any fans that decided not to bother given in no particular order:

Early start if you have a long way to travel which many do. Thanks for that Sky!

The experience of being treated like common criminals because the Club are too gutless to keep Millwall in like other teams do. The pre and post match routine completely changed as a result of having to play them.

The 99.99999% knowledge that the team would give an insipid, gutless .performance as they have done against this opposition nearly every time we've played them.

Seeing the identity of their Club being sucked away. The traditional Club song being marginalised to an afterthought without the consent of the fans being an example.

I hate Millwall matches.
  • Options
    I got pissed last night, woke up late. Late enough to miss the train my mates were on but not so late a quick drive with my foot down I wouldn't miss kick off. A dump and a shower later then got in the motor to drive up. Then just thought 'fuck it' this is the second millwall match ive missed in memory and I couldn't care less. I fucking hate playing them, we could have filled that ground today and the result would have been the same. Their mongo fans don't bother me, the midday kick off because its them does.

Overall I'm thinking of catching a permanent dose of millwall AIDS same as I've caught a dose of not giving a shit if I stay in bed wanking myself stupid instead of getting up for completely unrewarding football when there is no beer to soothe the suffering no matter who we are playing. I'm 32 and I can remember seeing us beat them twice. Fucking twice! I hardly watch ninety minutes anyway

I'll still probably be daft enough to do the away game and that will make me feel just as shit to be a charlton fan as this day has and I didn't even go.

I thought getting done 5-1 at white hart lame was as low as it gets but the 4-0 at the toolbox reminded me that no matter how much you think its impossible for charlton to male you feel more shite they always will.

Maybe I need a holiday. Its hypocritical of me to blame fans for not wanting to go. The team need to give a bit more in these games. It's well easy to say you're a fan, you should be there. But I don't blame any charlton fan today who knew what misery awaited and thought 'fuck this shit, im having a wank instead'
  • Options
    Well said carts
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    LenGlover said:

I was there but can understand and not condemn any fans that decided not to bother given in no particular order:

Early start if you have a long way to travel which many do. Thanks for that Sky!

The experience of being treated like common criminals because the Club are too gutless to keep Millwall in like other teams do. The pre and post match routine completely changed as a result of having to play them.

The 99.99999% knowledge that the team would give an insipid, gutless .performance as they have done against this opposition nearly every time we've played them.

Seeing the identity of their Club being sucked away. The traditional Club song being marginalised to an afterthought without the consent of the fans being an example.

I hate Millwall matches.

Don't knock Sky.

If there was no Sky, Charlton and football would have died a long time ago.