Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

This week I have been mainly listening to....

Neil Young Live at the Massey Hall - Great 1970's recording

Ben Taylor - Another run around the sun - Just as well he can sing as his parents are James Taylor and Carly Simon.

Best of Jackie Wilson - Great darts player : - )

Comments

• Sage Francis - Personal Journals

Roots Manuva - Dub Come Save Me

Happy Mondays - Squirrel and G Man
  • Oh and Lucky Soul last night - really very good. Not my usual, but very good.
  • Glad you enjoyed it, no mystery guests then?!!
  • The sounds of Lucky Soul ringing in my ears
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Glad you enjoyed it, no mystery guests then?!!

Nah, Rothko stepped in and sang a couple of Phil Collins numbers - it was a special moment.
  • Celine Dion
  • edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Glad you enjoyed it, no mystery guests then?!!

Nah, Rothko stepped in and sang a couple of Phil Collins numbers - it was a special moment.

You Can't Hurry Love, You've just got to wait....
  • don't let him steal your heart away
  • This week i have mostly been listening to our accounts manager complaining about the amount of non work related internet use !!!!
    How would he know ? or is he just blagging ?
  • I was supposed to go to Lucky Soul last night but ended up getting mangled in the City.

My mate went said they were very good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't say I'm a big fan of the proud gallery though
  • New Order - Power, Corruption & Lies

pure class!
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Can't say I'm a big fan of the proud gallery though
    Looked like quite an interesting place from their website ... Camden is a pain in th arse to get home from late at night though
  • The bands play in a tiny room, while the bar is about 3 times the size, doesn't work
  • The new remastered - reissued David Bowie album Young Americans. Has a couple of extra tracks on including the long version of John, I'm Only Dancing (Again).
    A wonderful album, pure soul and funk. Luther Vandross appears on it and co-wrote one of the tracks. So does John Lennon.
    You get some videos too!
  • Haven't listen to Young Americans for ages, decades in fact. Good album.
  • happy mondays,best band ever,FACT
  • [cite]Posted By: lucy lou[/cite]happy mondays,best band ever,FACT
    I saw them live a couple of times and I can confirm that that statement is not true!
  • edited March 2007
    James Morrison this lad is absolute class fact!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• The Twang
  • Catching up on 3 The Arcade Fire albums; The Arcade Fire, Funeral and Neon Bible.
  • What you talk about?...you say you don't like the jungle beat!?! What you talk about?...you say you don't like the jungle beat!?! You muss be cra-ay-ay-ay-zee....da da da da da...you muss be cra-ay-ay-ay-zee....da da da da da....
  • Arctic monkeys still .....................i love it.
  • der!
    There is another Arcade Fire album?!!!
    Funeral and Neon Bible are superb, must get on the other!

PS Have you got the Cold Wind track - tis rather good too.
  • Stone Roses, the greatest band FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]Stone Roses, the greatest band FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seconded glass, seconded
  • More a New Order or Depeche Mode type
  • Stone Roses - truly amazing, great album, but need a couple more to be a great band surely - personally I dodn;t rate the long awaited follow up at all.

Anyway, as everyone knows The Jesus And Mary Chain are the greatest band.

NEXT week I shall be mainly listening to That Petrol Emotions masterpeice of a swirling, gut wrenching album that is Babble.
  • Northern Exposure - Sasha & Digweed
    Oldie, but classic!