Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This week I have been mainly listening to....

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]Northern Exposure - Sasha & Digweed
    Oldie, but classic!

Quality
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Stone Roses - truly amazing, great album, but need a couple more to be a great band surely - personally I dodn;t rate the long awaited follow up at all.

Anyway, as everyone knows The Jesus And Mary Chain are the greatest band.

[b]NEXT[/b] week I shall be mainly listening to That Petrol Emotions masterpeice of a swirling, gut wrenching album that is Babble.[/quote]

That Petrol Emotions - I think I worked with the two guitarist(?) - is one of them from Northern Ireland?
  • Options
    GHE - Thirded.

Stone Roses are the biz.
    Also listened to Fallen by Evanescence (That girl can sing, not 'arf), some old Rod Stewart & the Faces stuff, Oasis, Frank Zappa (apostrophe), Led Zep

20Gb MP3 gives me lots of choice.
    I now have (courtesy of wife and son) a USB turntable: this weekend, all the old vinyl is going on to MP3 - can't wait...

Incidentally, did you know you can borrow CDs from the City of London libraries for 40pence for three days. Take 'em home and load them on to the MP3...cheap as chips...
  • Options
    Indeed, Lucky Soul were great, but Proud's one of these places that are just too pleased with themselves to be enjoyable.

this week I have been listening to Los Campesinos! and Butcher Boy.
  • Options
    Where can you buy Lucky Soul CDs?? Can't find none in the Virgin Megastore...
  • Options
    Lucky Soul album is out early next month - 9th?
  • Options
    HMV seem to be a better bet, but they sell out pretty quickly on the previous limited releases.

You should be able to get a copy of the new single 'Add your light to mine, baby' at HMV and Virgin on Monday, and the album, 'The Great Unwanted' on April 9th from the same shop.

Or you could get em from Amazon, via Valley Flags, follow the link for the Lucky Soul album
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Stone Roses - truly amazing, great album, but need a couple more to be a great band surely - personally I dodn;t rate the long awaited follow up at all.

Apart from 12 Story Love Song, which is a belter, agreed.
  • Options
    Thanks Gents.
    Haven't heard that much of them to be honest, but what I have heard sound pretty good...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]That Petrol Emotions - I think I worked with the two guitarist(?) - is one of them from Northern Ireland?
    singer American, other four all from Northern Ireland including O'Neill brothers from The Undertones. Working where and what - they were a fantastic band - much better than that Stone Roses lot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]HMV seem to be a better bet, but they sell out pretty quickly on the previous limited releases.

You should be able to get a copy of the new single 'Add your light to mine, baby' at HMV and Virgin on Monday, and the album, 'The Great Unwanted' on April 9th from the same shop.

Or you could get em from Amazon, via [url=[url=http://www.valleyflags.co.uk/]http://www.valleyflags.co.uk[/url]]Valley Flags[/url], follow the link for the Lucky Soul album[/quote]

Album now ordered through Amazon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]Apart from 12 Story Love Song, which is a belter, agreed.
    I like ten storey love song .. is that the remix ;-)
  • Options
    Ha! Shows you how long it is since I listened to it!
  • Options
    The Stone Roses is one of those all too rare albums that you can listen the whole way through without getting the urge to skip a track. I kept my fools gold free version mind.
  • Options
    Stone Roses are top 3 bands ever FACT

Ian Brown is a top man, me and the missus went to see him in Barcelona last year and he was on our flight back and sat opposite us on the Stansted Express, had a good chat with him, proper man of the people.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Stone Roses are top 3 bands ever FACT

Ian Brown is a top man, me and the missus went to see him in Barcelona last year and he was on our flight back and sat opposite us on the Stansted Express, had a good chat with him, proper man of the people.

Ian Brown = ledge, i make you right southend
  • Options
    And Mani as well while we are at it.

Saw Oasis at Astoria couple of years ago and had a good drunken chat with him in the Keith Moon bar.

He was with Tim Lovejoy.

*wavey clench fisted salute*
  • Options
    yup, mani is quality too, i liked his other band, what was it called, i am gettin black grape/pearl jam?? dunno i canny remember!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]Northern Exposure - Sasha & Digweed
    Oldie, but classic!

Quality

i was lucky enough to be at the last Northern exposure night
    at Twilo in New York the day before it got shut down!

Used to go there loads when i worked out there... many great nights in that place!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]yup, mani is quality too, i liked his other band, what was it called, i am gettin black grape/pearl jam?? dunno i canny remember!

Primal Scream?

Blake Grape was Shaun Ryder, Pearl Jam - no thanks!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dunno where pearl jam came from!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]dunno where pearl jam came from!

Overratedsville.
  • Options
    mate i dont even no what they sing !!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]dunno where pearl jam came from!
    nob
  • Options
    Foo fighters are the greatest band ever!! FACT
    The songs that they have released over here are the worst ones. every album is fantastic.
    i like a bit of weller too.
  • Options
    MCS - I wasn't calling you names by the way, just suggesting where pearl jam comes from!!
  • Options
    This week I've been listening to Peter Green.

Need your love so bad is probably the best song ever written. Well, this week it is anyway.
  • Options
    Grandmaster Flash - Mixing Bullets And Firing Joints
  • Options
    Thanks, That's a great help, always good to get some tips from someone.

I can sense a trip to Maplins coming up.

Cheers

Stan
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Neil Young - Eldorado(Australian only tour 5-track lp)Withdrawn.. an absolute cracker.
    Counting Crows - August and everything after
    Nusrat fateh ali khan - Shamen-shah