Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burnley vs Charlton Athletic | Sat 28th Sept 2013 | Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    I've got Burnley in my banker treble for tomorrow...
  • Options
    7 v 1 Burnley
  • Options

0-2 if we play 3-5-2
    0-3 if we play 4-3-3
    0-4 if we play 4-4-2

Wont even be listening (he lied).

lol

1-2 unlucky
  • Options
    There is all the pressure on Burnley who will just be expected to turn up and win and we all know what happens when that is the case. Burnley fans were singing the no one likes us song at the Valley last season which is just too close to home for my liking. Love a repeat of last season but to me it is 1-0 to them and we have no manager of the month worries for September to contend with. Roll on October!
  • Options
    It'll be just like us to bounce back and win. After the dire performance last Saturday it's difficult to see but, you never know. Oh go on.... 0-1 Charlton and we're happy again.
  • Options
    Without KMG 3-0 / 4-1 Burnley
    With a barely fit KMG 2-1 / 3-1 Burnley
    With a fit KMG 1-1 / 2-2 /1-2 Charlton
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Had a chuckle at that, wheresmeticket. If you do that then you'll probably be aiding Doncaster, our next opponents more. I'm not sure whether both the Bob Lord and Cricket Field stands were built then but at the time they were the best stands in the league for facilities - the CF Stand even had under seat heating :-O. They are totally dated now though and in need of replacing. The Cricket Field Stand which you guys are in needs replacing but one thing going for it is the leg room, seat size (massive wood seats) and the acoustics. 300 fans can sound like 3,000 when they're up for it. It just holds the noise really well, unlike our poorly designed home stands which need 3,000 to sound like 300! The noise just goes up into the air which helps the away team :-(

Banstead, I think the Burnley fans are as surprised at our lofty position as everyone else. It's nice being there, but most don't realistically expect us to be there come May. We don't expect to just turn up and win, I can assure you. The sooner we get to 50 points the better!!
  • Options
    Is Kermogant (sp?) playing?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Don't think anyone has a clue to be honest with you. It's been kept very quiet after last week's "he'll be fit for Milwall" comments.

Found this on twitter:

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 26 Sep
    Chris Powell describes Yann Kermorgant as having "outside chance" of being fit for #cafc's trip to Burnley.
  • Options
    We need something or it will be a field day for all the nutters on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think all football fans are slightly mad, Broadstairs ;-). We have started well but have a paper thin squad at Burnley due to finances. The first 12 or 13 players appear to be a quality tight knit bunch, but beyond that we're struggling and may drop down to mid table over the winter when injuries and suspensions kick in.

The longer we can keep people fit the better, because it feels good this season. When I say 'good', I think as a football fan you know what I mean; just like we're on the brink of something happening. What we wouldn't give for 2-3 reasonable additions to that squad...

I think (hope) it'll be 2-0 Burnley, but if it had been November/December I'd be saying a draw. The weather's supposed to be nice up here this weekend anyway :-)

Good luck to you (just not tomorrow!). Sounds like us when we won League One. You may be lucky with injuries and keep it going.
  • Options
    3 real tough games coming up in the next week, we're going to have to all pull together otherwise this site will be even more suicidal than it was this week.

I expect a loss tomorrow, only by the odd goal. Kerms won't be fit so hopefully Sordell starts.
  • Options
    2-0 Burnley
  • Options
    On form, we are the total underdogs today. But, being Charlton, it's an away win and 3 points. Simples.
  • Options
    Ings to score anytime at evens is a great bet. No chance of a clean sheet and he's in great form.

2-0 Burnley, leaving the fans questioning what might have happened if we tried to attack rather than playing out and out defence.
  • Options
    William Hill are offering 4/5 on the home win. Very generous and no idea how they have come up with that figure.
  • Options
    COYRs!!!!!!
  • Options
    With Kermo, 2-1 to Burnley.

Without him, 3-0 to Burnley.

I'm going to keep my eyes shut and hide til its all over. And pray for a little Charlton miracle.
  • Options

Posted on the official twitter page. I can see a number 18 shirt!!!!
  • Options
    my dad does the same thing davo55 :-) i will say 2-2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    GD78 said:

Posted on the official twitter page. I can see a number 18 shirt!!!!
    Looks like Yann's shirt made it at least...fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Beat me to it @GD 78... Looks like Pigott is there as well so hasnt been completely dropped from the travelling team after last week
  • Options

Beat me to it @GD 78... Looks like Pigott is there as well so hasnt been completely dropped from the travelling team after last week

Good decision.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Team News - Hamer, Wilson, Wiggins, Morrison, Dervite, Pritchard, Stephens, Cousins, Gower, Stewart, Church

Subs: Alnwick, Evina, Wood, Hughes, Harriott, Kermorgant, Sordell

Pigott has indeed been dropped it seems though looks a good line-up for an away game, wonder where Jacko is and is that 4-5-1 we're playing or 3-5-2 still?
  • Options
    happy with cousins and stewart in there
  • Options
    Seeing Yann's shirt gives me hope. However, I don't think that currently the lads have it in them to do one of the legendary Charlton come-backs.
  • Options
    Looks like 4-5-1 with Pritchard and Stewart on the flanks. Not really sure what the point in Gower and Stephens is.
  • Options

Team News - Hamer, Wilson, Wiggins, Morrison, Dervite, Pritchard, Stephens, Cousins, Gower, Stewart, Church

Pigott has indeed been dropped it seems though looks a good line-up for an away game, wonder where Jacko is and is that 4-5-1 we're playing or 3-5-2 still?

Can't be 3-5-2 where is the 3rd centre back?

That is 4-5-1 with Stewart playing on the left and Pritchard on the right.

• Options
    Any news on Jackson?
  • Options

Can't be 3-5-2 where is the 3rd centre back?

That is 4-5-1 with Stewart playing on the left and Pritchard on the right.

Yeah good point... Didnt think of that