Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Utility and rail companies

13»

Comments

• Options

Your position is so clearly not entrenched! I'd be supportive of this policy if it was Clegg's or Cameron's! Sometimes you need what you would class as dim people - the self appointed experts always tell you why you can't do this and can't do that but the 'dim' people don't listen to them and do it!

Of course Milliband is a lot cleverer than me and I'd wager most of us.

im not calling him dim. Im saying be reminds me of the characteristics of a comedy character. Please at least read before responding muttley...where did i say my position was entrenched? I actually was referring to your summary of what i said. I completely agree with 99% of what you say otherwise... i just dont rate mr miliband as anything other than an aspirant career strategist.
    Wallace? Bert? Milhouse?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Sorry - I was responding to and highlighted a number of posts -mainly cafc fan- and the system only showed yours Claydon - I did pick on your dim comment as I think that is a very unfair portrayal the press are trying to put on Milliband and we do ourselves no favours regurgitating it. If people actually looked at what he has been doing since getting the leadership and followed his speeches and of course have Labour leanings, they ought to be quite excited by the man.
  • Options
    To be fair, copared to the price I pay for my rail season ticket, the price of my gas and electricity is an absolute bargain!

And water too. Compare the price of ten gallons of Thames Water and a fully flusing khazi to the price of a small bottle of Evian.
  • Options

anyone who believes ANYthing in ANY party 'manifesto' has not learnt from experience or is a first time voter

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS!!!
  • Options
    I had to laugh when a politician said about privatising the Royal Mail that is was giving us the chance to own it! For fecks sake, as tax payers we already fully own it and that's the failed argument used when the energy companies were sold off. Who owns them now?

Energy should never have been privatised. When I did economics at school the fact that utilities were state-owned was a given and seen as the only way. One way to deal with monopolies is to bring them into state ownership, where they can be regulated.

But we can't change the past and I can't see us going back to the state owning gas, electricity and water (for God's sake - that really was the last straw for me!). So we need some new thinking and I applaud Ed Miliband for starting the debate.
  • Options
    Water, don't get me started. I pay more in standing charges than usage.