Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Some good news - a new bar opening in Greenwich

With many thanks to AFKA I am please to be able to tell you all that this coming Saturday I am opening my new Bar, Microbrewery and Restaurant Greenwich Town Centre.
The bar will be a craft beer bar with a focus on London Beer from a number of microbreweries and for the opening we have managed to get hold of some SW London beers from Windsor and Eton including their award winning craft pilsner lager (REPUBLIKA) that just made it onto the 1001 beers to try before you die. I have also got my hands on some ales from "By The Horns" including a nice Red beer ;-)

Details of the Bar can be found at
www.ewbrewery.com
https://www.facebook.com/eastwbrewery
https://twitter.com/EWBrewery

Our address is

RLA's 62 Thames Street, Greenwich, SE10 9BX - we are in the old SE10 building and some of the signs still display that name.

We will not be opening the Restaurant for a few more weeks while we finish works on the kitchen and get some new equipment in and the brewery is due to come online about a month after that.

All are welcome and we are family friendly and a family run business.

Many thanks to one and all
Richard

Comments

• Options
    Good luck
  • Options
    Good luck, looks good.
  • Options
    See you after our dog walk
  • Options
    Good luck. Will you be getting any of the Brockley Brewery beer in?
  • Options
    Good luck, I live in Greenwich - we'll pop in some time.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the messages of goodwill. It does mean a lot to us.

Good luck. Will you be getting any of the Brockley Brewery beer in?

We will indeed but we missed them for the opening unfortunately, they along with the new Woolwich Brewery are very high on our list.

See you after our dog walk

I am very much looking forward to meeting all our four legged friends from CF, I am very keen on meeting Mickey with @Curb_It and Bailey with @T.C.E :)
  • Options
    Very best wishes for a successful venture, Strasburger - I'm old enough to remember the SE10 restaurant and even the Lone Sailor pub before it. I hope your beers will be on handpump, rather than pressurised? I'll pop in and say hello.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Very best wishes for a successful venture, Strasburger - I'm old enough to remember the SE10 restaurant and even the Lone Sailor pub before it. I hope your beers will be on handpump, rather than pressurised? I'll pop in and say hello.

Real Ales are all hand pump with the option for at least two on direct dispense, Ciders will be bag in box from the fridge, currently the REPUBLIKA is keg so will be pressurised but we are working on getting the largers on cask as well so watch this space. We are also going to hold some of the best beers from around the world in bottle.
  • Options
    I'll definitely give it a go, look forward to seeing you :)
  • Options
    Good luck with this, up the road in Lewisham so shall definitely pop in
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck! I'd love to visit if I can just get some Doris to give me a lift!
  • Options
    I may make an appearance, as long as you have some Old Mothershitehwaks Christmas Tickler on the go!!!
  • Options
    I have sampled some of Richard brews, they are extremely good, and he knows his beer and wines, pop in and support please.
  • Options
    you will need to ensure your door staff search Mickey "lockstock" smith for sawn off shot guns in his barbour
  • Options
    Good Luck and with Bailey on the door no worry's Micky, your in! ;)
  • Options
    Good luck. I look forward to popping in. Very soon!

Mickey and his barbour.
  • Options
    Excellent, coming over in November for the Leeds game and was looking for a place to take my luxemburgish mate for a typical London 'experience'!
    See you there!
  • Options
    We're going to try and sort out a Lifers night down there before we all get into the Christmas season
  • Options
    so what discount will you be offering season ticket holders on match days?
  • Options
    Will miss the opening on Saturday but very much look forward to visiting in the coming weeks.. Best of luck with it all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck strasburger. If you need any Chefs, temp or perm, give me a PM.
  • Options
    it's a whopping 3-min walk from home, so I'll certainly pop in.....might be a longer walk home, mind!?!?! :o/
  • Options
    Will you accept custom from North of the river?
  • Options
    delroofer said:

Will you accept custom from North of the river?

Not a problem at all, we are only a minutes walk from the DLR station
    Thanks to everyone for your kind wishes and for those of you that have popped in today.

• Options
    Good Luck with your new venture.
  • Options
    Wishing you luck Richard and Amy of course, you both deserve success with the amount of effort you have put into this venture.
  • Options
    Good luck and I'll pay a visit next time I'm in London
  • Options
    Good luck with the venture. If this the same location that another Charlton fan had a bar, a few years ago. Address looks familler.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Good luck with the venture. If this the same location that another Charlton fan had a bar, a few years ago. Address looks familler.

Its about 50 yards from that one Shirty.

• Options
    shirty5 said:

That was on the riverfront tucked under a residential block of flats if I remember rightly. This is the old SE10 restaurant and pub previously.