Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How much does the Daily Mail hate you?

Comments

• Options
    Loathed and happy about it.
  • Options
    There used to be a spoof Daily Mail Style Guide. It is closed but you read it on https://twitter.com/dailymailstyle

I thought this one was appropriate

[Closed] Mail Style ‏@dailymailstyle 15 Jan
    OFFENSIVENESS: Our readers: are right to find some things offensive. Everyone else: is just overreacting and making a fuss about nothing.
    Expand
  • Options
    The Times is read by the people who run the country.

The Daily Mirror is read by the people who think they run the country.

The Guardian is read by the people who think they ought to run the country.

The Morning Star is read by the people who think the country ought to be run by another country.

The Independent is read by people who don't know who runs the country but are sure they're doing it wrong.

The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country.

The Financial Times is read by the people who own the country.

The Daily Express is read by the people who think the country ought to be run as it used to be run.

The Daily Telegraph is read by the people who still think it is their country.

And the Sun's readers don't care who runs the country providing she has big tits.
  • Options
    To be fair, this should be about decency not political point scoring. The mail thinks that you have to support everything this country has done to love it. Any person with a hint of intelligence can be critical of things the country has done but love it. But your average mail readers can't open their minds and are insular and bitter.

Every Tory bar Gove (who has a vested interest) has genuinely condemned the paper. It has backfired on the mail because it hasn't harmed Milliband at all. Ok, Mail readers may be thick enough to believe it but they were never going to vote for Milliband anyway! Context is an important thing and anybody who makes any effort to understand cannot accuse Milliband snr of wishing we had lost the war.

As has been pointed out, he risked his life fighting our enemy, not supporting them as the mail did at one time. Surely they knew their history before they made such a tasteless slur on a dead person who was a very decent human being by all accounts.
  • Options
    Wasn't much point taking the test as I know they'll hate me and I have absolutely no problem with that from what is basically a rag attempting to be something it isn't.

To take it further today and try to quiz Milliband's family at a memorial service for his uncle at Guys Hospital just shows that they really do have further depths to plumb.

A lot of respect for all the politicians of all creeds who have spoken out against them, particularly Zak Goldsmith for highlighting the hypocrisy of the Hitler/Nazi sympathisers that the Mail and its' owners were (about as far back as 17 year old Milliband Senior's diary entry).

Gove has been mentioned a few times for backing the rag, but so too has that well known rhyming slang of a politician Jeremy Hunt. Reprehensible individuals!
  • Options
    Just to clarify the "journos at the memorial service" story wasn't about Mail journalist trying to dig dirt at Ralph Miliband's memorial, which would have been tasteless but could possibly be spun as legitimate journalistic activity. The memorial event in question was for Professor Harry Keen, who was a leading researcher into diabetes who died earlier this year. He just also happened to be married to Ralph Miliband's sister. Who in their right mind gatecrashes a private memorial service, when they've been slagging off the widow's brother (and nephew) all week?
  • Options

To be fair, this should be about decency not political point scoring. The mail thinks that you have to support everything this country has done to love it. Any person with a hint of intelligence can be critical of things the country has done but love it. But your average mail readers can't open their minds and are insular and bitter.

Every Tory bar Gove (who has a vested interest) has genuinely condemned the paper. It has backfired on the mail because it hasn't harmed Milliband at all. Ok, Mail readers may be thick enough to believe it but they were never going to vote for Milliband anyway! Context is an important thing and anybody who makes any effort to understand cannot accuse Milliband snr of wishing we had lost the war.

As has been pointed out, he risked his life fighting our enemy, not supporting them as the mail did at one time. Surely they knew their history before they made such a tasteless slur on a dead person who was a very decent human being by all accounts.

I'm not sure Gove has condemned the paper.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24363765
  • Options
    Would anyone admit to not being hated by the Daily Mail?
  • Options
    They were journalists from the sister paper, Mail on Sunday, trying to get relatives to talk about the Mail's story/editorial.

Aliwibble - As I stated it was his uncle's memorial, I assume you are clarifying earlier posts.

To be fair to the editor of the MoS, two journalists have been suspended and he has "apologised unreservedly for a reporter intruding into a private memorial service".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    didnt read the "bar" your right Muttley.
  • Options
    Yes Tel, we crossed posts :-)
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

Yes Tel, we crossed posts :-)

Cheers Ali :)
  • Options
    It's for idiots, but at least they're reading.
  • Options
    Loathed!
  • Options
    It said I was liked a lot !!
  • Options
    masicat said:

It said I was liked a lot !!

You didn't understand the questions!!

;-)
  • Options
    its caused a stir on QT tonight
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Medhi Hasan ripped into the paper a fair bit, with the cartoonist (why they'd send him and not someone higher up) struggling to justify the piece.

Link for anyone that didn't catch it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JIvARoGbS4
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

They were journalists from the sister paper, Mail on Sunday, trying to get relatives to talk about the Mail's story/editorial.

Aliwibble - As I stated it was his uncle's memorial, I assume you are clarifying earlier posts.

To be fair to the editor of the MoS, two journalists have been suspended and he has "apologised unreservedly for a reporter intruding into a private memorial service".

They couldn't do anything else BUT apologise doesn't meant they mean it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

TelMc32 said:

They couldn't do anything else BUT apologise doesn't meant they mean it.
    True. Having read further, it seems that the apology wasn't initially forthcoming. I think this will backfire spectacularly on The Mail when it comes to deciding now on who will regulate/monitor the media. Just can't see them being trusted to regulate themselves as they want.
  • Options
    Ther
    DA9 said:

Jints said:

It has a very big influence on the politics of this country.

Only if you read it, the Graniaud is left wing, hence I dont go near it.
    Is no left wing in UK politics, unfortunately. The Mail is right up there with the Sun etc.......garbage and only good for a perv. Are there any decent newspapers in the UK?
  • Options

3 pages
    112 comments

What impact will this have on property prices?

• Options

Ther

DA9 said:

Jints said:

Is no left wing in UK politics, unfortunately. The Mail is right up there with the Sun etc.......garbage and only good for a perv. Are there any decent newspapers in the UK?
    The Times isn't bad at all. The Economist is very good (it insists on calling itself a newspaper)

• Options
    Jints said:

Ther

DA9 said:

Jints said:

The Times isn't bad at all. The Economist is very good (it insists on calling itself a newspaper)

Indeed, The Economist (I am a subscriber) does take itself very seriously!
  • Options
    I am confused.

I am Tory through and through. But am detested by the Daily Mail.

Probably affirming the poster here who said people shouldnt get journalism and politics muddled up.
  • Options

Ther

DA9 said:

Jints said:

Are there any decent newspapers in the UK?
    No

• Options
    The i.
  • Options

Ther

DA9 said:

Jints said:

Well, the Grauniad is decent if you can cope with the PC agenda. I was faithful to the Indy from its launch in the 1980s but gave it up when it became too facile (lack of investment was the cause). The Torygraph is the paper of record, and the Times is always a good read. But like many others I seldom buy a paper now that I get my news from the BBC website.

• Options
    Addickted said:

The Times is read by the people who run the country.

The Daily Mirror is read by the people who think they run the country.

The Guardian is read by the people who think they ought to run the country.

The Morning Star is read by the people who think the country ought to be run by another country.

The Independent is read by people who don't know who runs the country but are sure they're doing it wrong.

The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country.

The Financial Times is read by the people who own the country.

The Daily Express is read by the people who think the country ought to be run as it used to be run.

The Daily Telegraph is read by the people who still think it is their country.

And the Sun's readers don't care who runs the country providing she has big tits.

I am currently reading the Times. Means nothing, just reflects my general opinions on life. If others don't like it they don't have to read it, live and let live.

Don't mind the mail on Sunday, but it and the daily version seem to have less insightful articles than they used to have and seem to be entrenching their readers views by their selection of stories and the increase in celeb crap. No different to any other rag tbh, the mirror is full of stories of the govt or NHS failing, the guardian full of conspiracy theories, the express full of weather, the telegraph full of public school news and sports, you pay your money.....

Love seeing the left foaming at the mouth, well done the mail for that.

The one thing this story has flagged is the Mr ed is Jewish, never knew that or cared, was that the point of the stories? If so that is out of order, though probably will bother more left wingers than mail readers as papers like the grauniad hate Israel with a passion.