Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bizarre firefighting call outs

Firefighters in London freed a man whose penis was trapped in a toaster.

They rescued another who got his member stuck in a vacuum cleaner, as well as 79 people trapped in handcuffs.

London Fire Brigade says it has attended more than 1,300 incidents involving people being trapped or stuck, often in everyday household items, since 2010.

Each incident costs at least £290 to deal with, meaning the incidents have set the taxpayer back at least £377,000.

Third Officer, Dave Brown, said: “Some of the incidents our firefighters are called out could be prevented with a little common sense.

“I don’t know whether it’s the Fifty Shades effect, but the number of incidents involving items like handcuffs seems to have gone up.

“I’m sure most people will be Fifty Shades of red by the time our crews arrive to free them.

“I’d like to remind everyone 999 is an emergency number and should only be used as such.

“When firefighters are out attending to some of these avoidable incidents, someone else could be in real need of emergency assistance.”

In the last three years the capital’s fire crews have been called out to:

• 18 incidents involving children with their heads stuck in potties or toilet seats

• Five incidents involving people’s hands being stuck in shredders

• 79 incidents involving people being trapped in handcuffs

• Nine instances of men with rings stuck on their penises

• Four incidents where people had their hands stuck in blenders

• 17 incidents involving children with their fingers stuck in toys, including one with Lego stuck on his finger.

In the past, the LFB has been called out to:

• A man with his penis stuck in a toaster

• A man with his arm stuck in a Portaloo

• A child with its hand trapped in a sweet machine

• A child with its head trapped in an ironing board

• An adult stuck in a child’s toy car

• A child with its head stuck in a massage chair

• A child with its foot stuck in a brass vase

• Someone with a test tube stuck on their finger

• A child with a tambourine stuck on its head

• A man with a sewing machine needle stuck in his finger.

there cannot be anything more embarrassing in life than calling the fire brigade because you have your todger stuck in the toaster!!

Comments

• Options
    People insert many strange things into their bottoms.
  • Options
    This one is Buzz Lightyear !
  • Options
    I reckon I have been in most of the situations above at some point in my life.
  • Options

That's got to be the winner!
  • Options
    Going back a few years we had to take the Karzy door off a train at Waterloo when a "Lady's back had gone while she sat astride her boyfriend on the toilet, needless to say there were a few remarks about using the facilities while trains are in the station.
  • Options
    we had to call the fire brigade when a kid was trying to rob a drinks vendor and had both hands stuck was quite funny that the mum was going mad saying it shouldn't be able to happen, when the kid said you told me to do it mum
  • Options

This one is Buzz Lightyear !

Ah, Infinity and Beyond. I always wondered where that was.
  • Options

Through work and a friend I've known for years, I'm good mates with two surgeons at two different major London hospitals. You would be surprised how often they get called in to surgically remove everyday objects from the bottoms of both males and females.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Through work and a friend I've known for years, I'm good mates with two surgeons at two different major London hospitals. You would be surprised how often they get called in to surgically remove everyday objects from the bottoms of both males and females.
    No I wouldn't. I x ray them !

• Options
    If we were called out to a man with his member stuck in a toaster, I would turn it on the idiot would very quickly get it out again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JohnBoyUK said:

How often does this occur at your hospital ?
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

Shooters - do you do any private work?
  • Options
    When you x ray them how do you keep a straight face.
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

Oh brilliant. Hahahahaha. So your pics are "originals" then lol. How funny.

• Options
    Been called out to a quite a few random shouts ober the years,naked young ladies handcuffed to beds,woman with big toe stuck up a bath tap etc. I work near Vauxhall which is nigh on the gay capital of London,obviously with the Vauxhall Tavern,Chariots etc and for some reason we have attended lots of call outs to St Thomas' for gay men with, and I quote, "Penis stuck in serviette ring". Apparently they enjoy the thought of a firefighter 'handling' their appendage,until they see what we use to remove the ring with..... The last one we went to managed to get his balls through the ring as well!!! Purple and swollen would be the best description and 2 hours to remove,he wasnt smiling much by the end!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    cafctom said:

That's got to be the winner!

lol! Wasnt funny at the time I'll have you know... ;-)
  • Options
    Fantastic!

And to think Boris wants to cut the fire stations down, it could take hours to get out of that toy car next time.
  • Options

Been called out to a quite a few random shouts ober the years,naked young ladies handcuffed to beds,woman with big toe stuck up a bath tap etc. I work near Vauxhall which is nigh on the gay capital of London,obviously with the Vauxhall Tavern,Chariots etc and for some reason we have attended lots of call outs to St Thomas' for gay men with, and I quote, "Penis stuck in serviette ring". Apparently they enjoy the thought of a firefighter 'handling' their appendage,until they see what we use to remove the ring with..... The last one we went to managed to get his balls through the ring as well!!! Purple and swollen would be the best description and 2 hours to remove,he wasnt smiling much by the end!

Where can I get one of these rings?
  • Options
    The images I posted were not taken by me or at my hospital but believe me it does happen more than you might think. Best one I heard of was a full jar of epicure gherkins in a place where the sun don't shine.
  • Options
    I am hoping they were removed from the jar and the empty jar washed and put in the appropriate waste receptacle, unlike the gherkins I may add...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope the fireservice charge people a fee for wasting thier time. I want to ask one question though.

When you say someone had there penis stuck in a toaster did this include the balls also?
  • Options
    When I was in the job we got called to 'bird in tree' I kid you not!
    The reality was that two wood pigeons had become connected by fishing line it's mate had died and he was sitting 40 foot up a tree with the dead one dangling underneath, we had to go up the tree and cut it away theryre big buggers as well!
    Cooked up nice too so that was ok!
  • Options
    Nowadays with animals stuck in trees etc, we only respond if the animal has been there for longer than 48 hours, and the RSPCA have asked us to go.

Cats climb trees, deal with it!
  • Options
    I used to run a pub and in the middle of the bar was an upright wooden beam with a knot hole in it. A customer, who was an off-duty policeman, managed to get his finger stuck in it. Needless to say he was greatly embarrassed when the fire-brigade arrived to cut him out. To rub salt into his wound a picture I took of him made the Sun
  • Options

I used to run a pub and in the middle of the bar was an upright wooden beam with a knot hole in it. A customer, who was an off-duty policeman, managed to get his finger stuck in it. Needless to say he was greatly embarrassed when the fire-brigade arrived to cut him out. To rub salt into his wound a picture I took of him made the Sun

I think you need to post the picture on here!!! ;o)
  • Options
    Sorry can't do as it, along with the Sun cutting was attached to the beam, much to the merriment of my other customers
  • Options

Only his finger.... Lucky he didn't try and get his helmet in there.
  • Options

Well don't leave us up in the air. How do you remove the ring?
  • Options

Well don't leave us up in the air. How do you remove the ring?