Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bizarre firefighting call outs

2»

Comments

• Options

The images I posted were not taken by me or at my hospital but believe me it does happen more than you might think. Best one I heard of was a full jar of epicure gherkins in a place where the sun don't shine.

I can't quite picture this. Was this a full jar with the lid on with gherkins inside, just the gherkins, or gherkins and jar separate moins lid?

• Options

Been called out to a quite a few random shouts ober the years,naked young ladies handcuffed to beds,woman with big toe stuck up a bath tap etc. I work near Vauxhall which is nigh on the gay capital of London,obviously with the Vauxhall Tavern,Chariots etc and for some reason we have attended lots of call outs to St Thomas' for gay men with, and I quote, "Penis stuck in serviette ring". Apparently they enjoy the thought of a firefighter 'handling' their appendage,until they see what we use to remove the ring with..... The last one we went to managed to get his balls through the ring as well!!! Purple and swollen would be the best description and 2 hours to remove,he wasnt smiling much by the end!

Well don't leave us up in the air. How do you remove the ring?
    A variety of tools,start with a ring cutter,which are basically a pair of pliars with a circular blade,never normally works,next would be a hacksaw and some strategically placed wooden spatulas so we dont accidentally cut anything else off. This takes an age because serviette rings are normally very thick and very time consuming to remove. If this fails then we use pedal cutters which are miniture versions of our cutting equipment you see us using at rta's. When we get these out is when they start panicking,the last guy I mentioned in my original post was on gas and air by the end but in fact are very effective. Trouble is,they are only carried on fire rescue units so we have to call one of these out especially,works out very expensive for one stuck todger.
  • Options
    Genuine question to any firemenfighters out there. If you were removing an object and were to accidently slip and cut that person, would they be able to sue? and do you know of any such instances?

Considering that he/she was daft enough to get themselves in that position, it's bad enough having half a dozen guys sniggering at you, but to take it to court, where it would then become public knowledge..................