Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Ince 5 game ban (ed Sacked)

Paul Ince has been given a five-match stadium ban for three breaches of FA disciplinary rules.

The Blackpool manager was charged over his behaviour at the end of a 2-1 victory at Bournemouth on September 14.

Ince was sent to the stands during the game for throwing a water bottle, but the incidents in question occurred "in or around the tunnel" after the final whistle.

He attended a disciplinary hearing on Monday accused of verbally abusing a match official, threatening a match official and violent conduct towards a match official.

And an Independent Regulatory Commission has now barred Ince from attending Blackpool's next five Championship matches - against Wigan, Blackburn, Nottingham Forest, Ipswich and Birmingham.

A charge of threatening behaviour levelled at Ince's assistant Alex Rae was found not proven.

Blackpool released a statement in response to the verdict which read: "Blackpool FC acknowledges the decision of the FA and will now work closely with Paul and his coaching staff to ensure that the penalty imposed does not affect our short or long-term objectives.

"The club will be making no further comment at this stage."

Comments

• Options
    and that was after a win!
  • Options
    Ince and Rae .. 2 of football's not so nice guys .. examples here of behaviour, if it were to happen in the street, that would result in criminal charges .. he's got off lightly with a ban .. watch out for large linen baskets being smuggled into grounds, what is called 'doing a José Mourinho'
  • Options
    Is Rae a bad guy? I know he was a spanner but, if I remember rightly, wasn't he good mates with our Scottish contingent of the time...Walsh, Balmer, Reid.

Think he always put himself about more against us because they wound him up the week before games.
  • Options
    It must have been really bad baring in mind some of the abuse and antics managers get away with!
  • Options
    He's actually banned from attending the grounds where Blackpool are playing.

I hope the FA will be checking the kit baskets.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Is Rae a bad guy? I know he was a spanner but, if I remember rightly, wasn't he good mates with our Scottish contingent of the time...Walsh, Balmer, Reid.

Think he always put himself about more against us because they wound him up the week before games.

Lets put it like this Tel he was a nasty piece of work in the Bremner, Wise, Batty mould and always got dogs abuse from me not just because he was a spanner.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    TelMc32 said:

He was often referred to as the Scottish Bobby Moore in football circles. A gentleman, cultured level headed sportsman on the pitch, the world of football was astounded when he signed for the Spanners...
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Oh yeah, Alex Rae,

http://youtu.be/wHdc2HIZ_9Q

As for Ince, anyone who needs to remind people to call him the governor is a complete wanker in my eyes.
  • Options
    "Ince was hit with a triple charge after being sent to the stands for accidentally throwing a bottle into the crowd which hit a female steward during the second half of a 2-1 win at Bournemouth."

"A source said the Blackpool boss then used extreme threatening language and pushed fourth official Mark Pottage against a wall in startling scenes in the tunnel following the final whistle at Dean Court."

"Once in the midst of the tunnel the Blackpool boss was heard to be threatening the referee with violence but retained particular interest in the fourth official. He is said to have shoved the target with both hands - Pottage falling backwards on to a wall - before being dragged away by players and stewards. The source said the only incident he can remember being similar is Paolo Di Canio's push on referee Paul Alcock when the Italian played for Sheffield Wednesday in 1998."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My mate knocked ince out with one punch when ince was giving it large..... He wasn't the guvnor then.
  • Options
    If someone behaved like that in a Sunday league, they would be banned for life.
  • Options

If someone behaved like that in a Sunday league, they would be banned for life.

....and given a £35 fine...
  • Options
    So Ince pushed the linesman and threatened to knock the fourth officials block off and he puts it down to passion. 5 match stadium ban, no where near enough, Di Canio had an 11 match playing ban. The manager should be an example to his players. Ince should have at least a season long ban and Blackpool should sack him. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24569106
  • Options
    If everything that has been said about it was true that he physically attacked the fourth official as well as threatening to knock him out then 5 games is light.He can consider himself very lucky as Kap10 said The manager is supposed to set the example, How he still has a place in football I will never know,The FA talk about respecting the referees they had a chance to make a example of Ince and show others how serious they are a 5 game ban does not do that.
  • Options
    Leads me to believe that the story can't be true. Even the FA are not stupid enough to hand out trivial bans for serious offences like attacking an official.
  • Options
    He has got away with it to an extent - being banned from a game won't mean much in the era of mobiles etc.
  • Options
    Big headed, penalty shirking tosspot.
  • Options
    The FA has raised the bar yet again in the competition "to demonstrate a lack of leadership and backbone". An unbelievably light sentence given Ince's completely unacceptable behaviour. The PGMOB ought to organise a strike in protest and prevent this weekend's football going ahead.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    More detailed account from The Independent Its a brilliant read!

So you get sent to the stands and you get two match ban, sent to the stands and rough up and abuse the officials you get five matches albeit away from the ground.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Here is a bit of the ref's leaked match report, sounds like a charming fellow does Mr Ince:

• Options
    That was the report i saw the problem is I saw it on BBC sporf on twitter which is unreliable
  • Options

Here is a bit of the ref's leaked match report, sounds like a charming fellow does Mr Ince:

How the fuck is that not a season long ban?

The bloke has ASSAULTED A MATCH OFFICIAL AND HE IS THE FUCKING MANAGER OF THE TEAM!!!!

To think you can get suspended for taking your shirt off!
  • Options
    Rumours he's been sacked and Tom Ince has handed in a transfer request
  • Options
    I could see Blackpool falling down the league and being in the mix at the bottom.
  • Options
    Should have been sacked when he got the five match stadium ban, which was far too lemient.
  • Options
    Not surprised if he goes. Only got the job to try and keep Tom Ince happy and has not shown anything since his first spell at MK Dons to suggest he is a good manager.
  • Options
    From The Guardian:

Paul Ince's employers at Blackpool are unlikely to be so benevolent – the Tangerines boss is tipped to get the sack after overseeing nine defeats in his club's last 10 games. Barry Ferguson will take over as the club's player-manager.
  • Options
    could see them falling down the league and getting involved in the relegation battle
  • Options
    Sky Bet Championship ‏@SBChampionship_ 19 mins
    After over four hours of talks last night, Paul Ince IS still manager and has not been sacked. Reports last night were false to an extent.