Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Atherstone Town V Barrow - FA Cup

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/fa-cup/10375231/FA-Cup-third-round-qualifying-tie-between-Atherstone-Town-and-Barrow-erupts-in-crowd-violence.html

What the hell is this about? Yesterdays FA Cup qualifier - a non-league Midlands team against a non-league team from Cumbria. Very odd!

Comments

• Options
    Nutters!
  • Options
    Non league is more active than you think
  • Options
    The thing is mate on international week you get people attending who wouldn't normally

The one thing I notice going rd non league with enfield is that if you wanted to its pretty much game on as there is no stewarding or ob to speak of just club officals and kids

You can drink all game and swap ends at halftime
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    No real surprise. The idiots have never gone away, they have just found themselves at the less policed/stewarded end of the football ladder. This, and the fact that they're from Cumbria!!

Shouldn't be hard to find from those photos (they probably didn't expect decent cameramen either). A couple look like were struggling to get across the pitch anyway!
  • Options
    I read in the report on arrests in football that Nuneaton had 47 in a season!

• Options
    TelMc32 said:

This, and the fact that they're from Cumbria!!

It was the other lot calling it on.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    The trend setter in the flat cap and hoodie - wasn't he the Millwall fan at Bournemouth last week...?..!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

TelMc32 said:

Thanks Offy I was wondering about my geography for a minute
  • Options
    Off_it said:

TelMc32 said:

My mistake...Brummies...just as bad!! ;-)
  • Options

Sounds like a lesbians sex life.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SE9SE9
    edited October 2013

The thing is mate on international week you get people attending who wouldn't normally

The one thing I notice going rd non league with enfield is that if you wanted to its pretty much game on as there is no stewarding or ob to speak of just club officals and kids

TelMc32 said:

No real surprise. The idiots have never gone away, they have just found themselves at the less policed/stewarded end of the football ladder.

No need to call NLA an Idiot though .... ;-)

• Options
    Spent a few nights in Atherstone, staying over on business, does not surprise me at all, what an absolute hole that place is
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I don't mind mate there's some old skool spuds faces over enfield town so its a good laugh most games

Been called worse lol
  • Options
    SE9 said:

TelMc32 said:

No real surprise. The idiots have never gone away, they have just found themselves at the less policed/stewarded end of the football ladder.

No need to call NLA an Idiot though .... ;-)

Wouldn't dare...he's got bigger balls than all of us!! ;-)

• Options
    Can't get over flat cap\grey trackie bottom combo.
  • Options
    Very ultra. Flares and a loud hailer in the crowd.
  • Options
    Wealdstone are a feckin nightmare, I reckon they are all on banning orders.
  • Options

Wealdstone are a feckin nightmare, I reckon they are all on banning orders.

Some people would do anything to stay out of Wealdstone...
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

No real surprise. The idiots have never gone away, they have just found themselves at the less policed/stewarded end of the football ladder. This, and the fact that they're from Cumbria!!

Shouldn't be hard to find from those photos (they probably didn't expect decent cameramen either). A couple look like were struggling to get across the pitch anyway!

So you're saying none of them are Atherstone fans, they're all Birmingham City, Coventry City and Nuneaton fans who now follow Atherstone for a row?
  • Options
    I would say like most non league fans Sparrows there's a contingent on banning orders from other clubs in the vicinity
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

TelMc32 said:

So you're saying none of them are Atherstone fans, they're all Birmingham City, Coventry City and Nuneaton fans who now follow Atherstone for a row?

I don't think it's that far fetched to assume that because some of the bigger midlands clubs weren't playing on saturday that a few went along to the Atherstone game. What league are they even in? Probably get crowds of about 100 normally.
  • Options
    If it wasnt international weekend, then i doubt it would have kicked off. Attendance would have been a quarter of what it was probably.
  • Options
    Non league clubs are more than capable of pulling their own lads although the numbers can be swelled as per the above posts.

Re Wealdstone, they played up down Maidstone this season. They were not so cocky outside after when it came on top for the bullies.
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

It's never the Millwall fans who cause trouble so why not?

:-)
  • Options

Non league clubs are more than capable of pulling their own lads although the numbers can be swelled as per the above posts.

Re Wealdstone, they played up down Maidstone this season. They were not so cocky outside after when it came on top for the bullies.

Blimey, I didn't realise Danny Dyer posted on here!
    ;o)
  • Options

I love the fact that they've chosen a crowd shot of predominantly OAPs including an old dear at least 70 years old standing there with her hand bag!
  • Options
    "Maidstone United’s first game on their return to the Ryman League Premier Division ended with crowd trouble."

"There had been some verbal altercations but no crimes were reported and no arrests made.”

Both of these statements cannot be true, unless the definition of "crowd trouble" now includes "verbal altercations" - in which case there is crowd trouble at just about every game.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Why would a club like Maidstone, attracting around 2,000 per game, not have seggregation?

They've got a weird bunch of supporters as well. Dunno what goes on the otherside of that Medway river.
  • Options
    Eh eh eh watch it Towie