Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

18,000 Poland fans at Wembley

Comments

• Options
    Not convinced this is accurate:

uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Poland
  • Options

DiscoCAFC said:

I would not be suprised if the majority of these Polish supporters live in this Country already.

Lol, please tell me this is your attempt at dry humour
    I think that is a perfectly reasonable assumption. And I don't have any problem with it, if its true.

I do not remember you being asked if you do have a problem with it but there you go.
    My point re the 'problem' was that knowing Disco as a UKIP supporter, he might have a problem with it. I presumed that was why he raised it. Whereas I think it will add to the atmosphere and might lift England as much as it does Poland. Although I feel sorry for proper English fans like The Organiser who might have missed out on tickets.

I was surprised at your snarky comment to Disco though, since I couldn't think of another explanation why the Poles would "bring" 18,000 plus when they are already out. I bet they didnt try to take that number to Kiev even though it is "next door".
    I doubt the Poles are "bringing" many at all since I suspect a vast majority of the 18,000 already live here in the UK hence my remark to Disco.

I am not sure what UKIP has to do with any of it because my comment did not carry a racial tone to it.

I have completely misunderstood your remark to Disco. I thought you were disputing his premise. My apologies.

I certainly didn't ascribe any racial tone to your comment. I meant that Disco, being a UKIP supporter might not approve of the fact that so many Poles live here. But maybe he is fine with that too.

Anyway, I believe it will be a cracking atmosphere and I look forward to it more than I have an England game for quite a while.

No worries, I thought there had been a misunderstanding.
  • Options

DiscoCAFC said:

I would not be suprised if the majority of these Polish supporters live in this Country already.

I think that is a perfectly reasonable assumption. And I don't have any problem with it, if its true.

I do not remember you being asked if you do have a problem with it but there you go.
    My point re the 'problem' was that knowing Disco as a UKIP supporter, he might have a problem with it. I presumed that was why he raised it. Whereas I think it will add to the atmosphere and might lift England as much as it does Poland. Although I feel sorry for proper English fans like The Organiser who might have missed out on tickets.

I was surprised at your snarky comment to Disco though, since I couldn't think of another explanation why the Poles would "bring" 18,000 plus when they are already out. I bet they didnt try to take that number to Kiev even though it is "next door".
    Exactly what I mean, why do you think Scotland and Rep of Ireland fans took a huge number of supporters? Apparently we have more than half a million polish people living in England, hence my above assumption.

Prague, UKIP does not have a problem with Poles or any other nationalities living in the UK. I would explain further but this is not the thread to discuss politics.

• Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

DiscoCAFC said:

Exactly what I mean, why do you think Scotland and Rep of Ireland fans took a huge number of supporters? Apparently we have more than half a million polish people living in England, hence my above assumption.

Prague, UKIP does not have a problem with Poles or any other nationalities living in the UK. I would explain further but this is not the thread to discuss politics.

Glad to hear that mate, anyway lets send 'em packing tonight, wherever they live!

• Options
    DEY TERK ERR SEATS!!

• Options
    Sounds like an away game, well done the FA
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Sounds like an away game, well done the FA

It's an absolute fucking disgrace
  • Options
    Red division
  • Options
    Getting well wound up watching this already, If we don't win this the FA need shooting.
  • Options
    Just think how many Romania will bring during the Euro 2016 qualifying ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nicholas said:

Getting well wound up watching this already, If we don't win this the FA need shooting.

Fans' fault
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Relax, it's what we do on the pitch not what the opposing fans do, anyway the FA may have thought that with 18k less home fans putting pressure on the team we have more of a chance........... Oh hang on............no it's ok well left by Hart :0)
  • Options
    Apparently they are chanting "we're only here for your generous benefits and local housing"
  • Options
    Unable to get any tickets for this and it absolutely grates me when I hear so much booing/ noise from away crowd,
    But with 70.000 English we should be louder shouldn't we?
    I always thought we should have a national stadium but I have to admit that atmospherically going round the country when wembley was being built was much better.
    Still come on England
  • Options
    Fair play to em, they don't arf boo loud !
  • Options
    England fans respond with "We can see you sneaking in"
  • Options
    They are all over the stadium and not keeping quiet
  • Options
    One just went down under a headbut in his seat
  • Options
    England fans are well quiet considering there are 70,000. No singing whatsoever!
  • Options
    I wonder wether the poles with the flares will be arrested before end of game, or will they be let off, banter!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only people to blame for being out sung or out booed or out whistled are the 70,000 England fans in stadium. Hopefully the goal will help them find their voice.
  • Options

Apparently they are chanting "we're only here for your generous benefits and local housing"

.....and to shag your women and drink your beer.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Nicholas said:

Fans' fault
    really?

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Only people to blame for being out sung or out booed or out whistled are the 70,000 England fans in stadium. Hopefully the goal will help them find their voice.

Is it? Quite hard to drown out 18000 whistlers. Certainly harder than 9,000.
  • Options
    cafc cafc cafc?
  • Options
    Simple maths. 70,000 is bigger than 20,000
  • Options
    No-one else seems to be mentionning this but it really bugs me:

The Polish National anthem plays and our fans generally respect it. God Save The Queen plays and it gets drowned out by whistling - and in our national stadium! You'd think that they could show a little more respect.
  • Options

No-one else seems to be mentionning this but it really bugs me:

The Polish National anthem plays and our fans generally respect it. .

I remember at the old Wembley some fans always seemed to boo the opposition anthem.

We've stopped and now everyone else does it..
  • Options
    There is no way there are only 20,00o Poles there. That is the issue. Cracking atmosphere, cracking game, though.
  • Options
    My mate is at the game and she just said the regulars are saying there is at least 30k there