Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

18,000 Poland fans at Wembley

124»

Comments

• Options
    Nicholas said:

My mate is at the game and she just said the regulars are saying there is at least 30k there

Can well believe it. Sounded like May 98.

Well it all ended well but I agree, questions to be asked of that incompetent shower.
  • Options
    Someone needs to tell them in regards to chanting protocol.
    Don't strike up before the band.
  • Options
    How dare they make noise!

If the England fans did the same this wouldn't be an issue.
  • Options

No-one else seems to be mentionning this but it really bugs me:

The Polish National anthem plays and our fans generally respect it. .

I remember at the old Wembley some fans always seemed to boo the opposition anthem.

We've stopped and now everyone else does it..
    Yeah but you're talking about the home fans doing it. I wouldn't mind it so much if it were in Poland but to come to our national stadium and do it is a bit off.
  • Options
    Those in the home seats were very quiet by the end - lots of evictions.

Great game - quiet for the 3rd quarter but a good win. Poland seemed to play with 4 CBs in the box at all times. Lambert might have had some luck.
  • Options
    3rd quarter? Wembley has been too Americanised ;-)
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Just think how many Romania will bring during the Euro 2016 qualifying ;)

LOL. They're already saying that if Bulgaria draw Romania in their group they will play the game at Wembley so most of their fans can see it!! ;o)
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Only people to blame for being out sung or out booed or out whistled are the 70,000 England fans in stadium. Hopefully the goal will help them find their voice.

And all those who sat at home, (got heavy on their keyboard) left the tickets unsold and forced the FA to sell them to away fans.......
  • Options

No-one else seems to be mentionning this but it really bugs me:

The Polish National anthem plays and our fans generally respect it. .

I remember at the old Wembley some fans always seemed to boo the opposition anthem.

We've stopped and now everyone else does it..
    Yeah but you're talking about the home fans doing it. I wouldn't mind it so much if it were in Poland but to come to our national stadium and do it is a bit off.
    Fair point but it is their way of putting the opposition off - if it does at all of course.
  • Options
    Really cant get the fuss being made of all this.

England only 'sold out' last week - hardly a sign that there were tens of thousands missing out. Most that really wanted to go, did.

That looked and sounded one of the best atmosphere's at an England game the new Wembley has seen. Partly due to a sizeable and partisan away following. We've been there all too often at CAFC - when you feel you could be up against it support wise you stand your ground and give an extra bit more vocally. It worked a treat and must of benefited the players.

As for infiltration in the home ends - wow, England fans are a fine one to talk given their record at some games over the years!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2013
    MrOneLung said:

Only people to blame for being out sung or out booed or out whistled are the 70,000 England fans in stadium. Hopefully the goal will help them find their voice.

Wouldn't have happened 10+ years ago. The make up of England fans at home games is so different nowadays you're not going to create a great atmosphere.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    The only option would be to play the games elsewhere, like Old Trafford,etc but that would mean the FA losing out on income which they will not agree to. After all, qualification for the world cup means they all get to go and meet their mates from Fifa, Uefa and have another great big jolly up at football fans expense!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    It seems 97,000 England supporters have 'put their names down' for Brazil. bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24439799
  • Options
    At the Montenegro game last week, I would say there were about 200-300 away fans maximum. With it being such a massive stadium, their noise didn't carry at all.

England fans simply do not create much of an atmosphere at the new Wembley. I was sat in the upper echelons with my old man and a mate, singing along when we could, but everyone else looked like they were at the cinema.
  • Options
    it like being at Charlton some sing next to you and u can barely hear them whats the point
  • Options
    Each club stadium has its own section of supporters who likes to make as much noise as possible, like we have in the north stand.

The problem with National Stadiums is that all of the singing fans are spread out which is why you will never get a decent atmosphere from the England fans.
  • Options
    Im not booing everytime the other team have the balls makes for a good atmosphere...
  • Options
    Re the atmosphere:

Englands support has been changed beyond recognition ever since the EMC was disbandoned. The type of support Poland had on Tue (mainly loud, boisterous, passionate, patrioric males) is the kind of support our FA has been trying to rid itself of for 15yrs. The atmopshere will inevitably be lost with it.

Also everything the poles were praised for is oppressed in this Country - standing, flags, nationalistic behaviour, flares etc.

Double standards at its worst.

And them in the home end was a disgrace. Would have caused a riot if they had scored.
  • Options

Re the atmosphere:

Englands support has been changed beyond recognition ever since the EMC was disbandoned. The type of support Poland had on Tue (mainly loud, boisterous, passionate, patrioric males) is the kind of support our FA has been trying to rid itself of for 15yrs. The atmopshere will inevitably be lost with it.

Also everything the poles were praised for is oppressed in this Country - standing, flags, nationalistic behaviour, flares etc.

And them in the home end was a disgrace. Would have caused a riot if they had scored.

100%
  • Options
    I know you travel away with England Organiser, so surely you see loads of England in home ends too?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Re the atmosphere:

Disbandoned. Not sure I'm familiar with your lingo.

It's none of those things that causes England to be detested world wide. A lot of the passionate in-stadium support is the envy of everyone, in a positive way.
  • Options
    Yes not a problem with it in theory mate BUT I have honestly never seen people in colours and lording it, by which I mean wearing colours, signing, jumping around, goading the home support etc.

I was in the home end in Montenegro (the time before last, as were several others) - I was not in colours, kept my gob shut and clapped their goals and was constantly on edge and waiting for a clump. One lad got a lighter to the head and some were spat at for doing nothing but on the whole we were left alone.

There were plenty of Poles being respectful but loads were not.

Imagine groups of Millwall in every block in every stand behaving how Millwall do at the Valley - it would p**s everyone off and make a lot of people feel very uncomfortable.

Thankfully for the FA we won.
  • Options
    Poles every where. It wouldn't suprise if there were the same amount of poles and english. It felt like one of them horrible games where they chase the egg and sit together. *shudders*
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Poles every where. It wouldn't suprise if there were the same amount of poles and english. It felt like one of them horrible games where they chase the egg and sit together. *shudders*

It was nothing that bad - many around the ground - perhaps 1k in smallish groups but not 50/50 - you should make a story up for The Sun to use.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Edit - perhaps 2 or 3k but they didn't seem to have any respect for the fact they were in the wrong seats / country.

Prat behind us (with his young kid - both in full kit) said he was here to support his team but kept jumping up whenever Poland got the ball and singing who knows what.

If they had scored it would not have been good at all.

Even without that there were plenty of skirmishes.
  • Options
    Who cares how many fans they took. They still lost. LOL
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    PL54 said:

It was nothing that bad - many around the ground - perhaps 1k in smallish groups but not 50/50 - you should make a story up for The Sun to use.
    2-3k?! You are the one talking bollocks I'm afraid. There was about 150 in my block alone at least. There were just as many poles in the very Long cue in to the stadium. When we approached level i actuallt thought i was in the away end. Maybe different where you were but everyone i know that was there said exactly the same.

Please don't compare me to the sun . Below the belt.
  • Options
    Fifa has started disciplinary proceedings against the English and Polish football associations after flares were lit during October's World Cup qualifier at Wembley.

Supporters in the Poland section were photographed holding lit flares, while one also landed on the pitch.

Thirty-five Poles and one England fan were arrested after the match, with police holding 16 people for possessing or using flares.

England won the match 2-0.

Victory guaranteed Roy Hodgson's side a place at next year's World Cup, which runs from 12 June to 13 July in Brazil.

A Fifa statement said: "We can confirm that disciplinary proceedings have been opened against the Football Association and the Polish Football Association for incidents that were reported during the match."
  • Options
    banned from wc
  • Options
    lol one england fan, well done mate for ruining it for the rest of us.