Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Ath vs Wigan Ath | Sun 27th Oct 2013 | Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    2-1 victory Yann back in place of Sordell............match thread from 2:15 Sunday
  • Options
    Creepy Cawley saying only Cort and Solly missing and 22k tickets sold.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Ooo....I'd like to say a home win but they've still got some good players left over from the premiership days and we don't usually perform on football for a fiver day 2-1 Wigan
  • Options
    Wigan lining up in a 4-2-3-1 tonight v Rubin Kazan, which is an awkward system to match-up to. If this is their usual system, I can't see 4-4-2 doing the job, we'll be outnumbered in midfield. I'd be inclined to look at 4-5-1 for this game.
    In defensive play, Wigan drop off to the 18 yard line and allow opponents space to play. They look vulnerable in both full back areas, particularly on the counter attack and conceded a goal to a straight-forward ball in behind the centre backs. So they give you a chance.
    However, I wouldn't under-estimate them, they play a quick passing style, mixed up with direct balls into Holt and Powell looks a handful playing in the middle of the three.
  • Options
    2-1 Addicks, agree with the formation.

On the train back from Blackburn we were talking to a group of (pretty drunk) Wigan fans who'd been at their game at Blackpool that day and were very negative about their side.
  • Options
    yann for sordell
    jj for stewart
    4-1-3-2
    1-0 charlton
  • Options
    Another clean sheet for us. I can see it being 1-0 until we score again with 5mins to go to stop the squeaky bums. 2-0 us.
  • Options
    I always wanted us to sign Grant Holt after seeing him play for Rochdale at the Valley years ago when he was a young man. With him alongside Nick Powell I would find it hard to see us keeping a clean sheet. 2-1 Wigan.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    2-1 us. Holt for them. Kerm and church for us
  • Options
    Dreamt last night we won 4-0 and Woody scored the opener, bouncing header from a corner. 1900/1 on skybet....it was worth a pound.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wigan are a very good team I think their position in the table does not reflect their quality maybe just a relegation hang over, But we seem to be playing more as a team now unfortunately it will be the end of our clean sheet run of 2 games, But we will get 3 point in a 3-2 victory goals from Kermo,Church and Jacko for us Powell and McClean for them.
  • Options
    cheap tickets, big crowd = big letdown, poor game and probable defeat
  • Options
    Can't see us keeping another clean sheet against Holt & Powell but equally think that we are slowly turning our season around with players coming back from injury so plumping for a 1-1.
  • Options
    morale boosting draw lifts us out of the bottom three
  • Options
    anyone who thinks we can beat a seasoned Europa cup side is dancing with the fairies.

0-2.
  • Options
    Don't think Wigan have scored an away goal since first day of the season, might be wrong
  • Options
    They scored 4 at barnsley at the beginning of the season. Seven games without a goal on the road.
  • Options
    We'll score, they'll score. Hope we get more.
  • Options
    Wigan were very poor last night & Grant Holt was unbelieveably shite. I'm optimistic after seeing that.

So as I'm usually wrong I'll go 0-2. :-)
  • Options
    We've been playing better in the last 3 games. Yann is fit which gives us a better option up front. I'm cautiously optimistic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Are we even in the bottom three?
  • Options
    edited October 2013

We're always bottom 3 in the world's of Large & Golfie. If we're not we soon will be :-)
  • Options
    Home win 2-1
  • Options
    Wigan are a good side and so far have come out winning post Europa League. Big crowd and a frustrating match in wind and rain. 1-0 Wigan.
  • Options

No, but I think Large is assuming that we will be after Saturday's games.
  • Options
    In Scotland for a funeral. Up at 5 for an 8 hour drive to the Valley. Better be worth it!!
  • Options

In Scotland for a funeral. Up at 5 for an 8 hour drive to the Valley. Better be worth it!!

Good man ! Have a safe journey south.

• Options

Sillybilly makes a bit more sense.
  • Options
    picked some tickets up today ---they are expecting a gate of 23K

• Options
    Fans are being advised to plan their journey to The Valley carefully on Sunday due to a restricted train service
    Gary Haines reports

Fans are being advised to plan their journey to The Valley carefully this weekend due to a restricted train service.

Charlton take on Wigan Athletic in a Football for a Fiver clash, which was switched to Sunday (3pm) due to the Latics’ Europa League commitments, and coincides with pre-planned long-standing engineering work between Slade Green and Gravesend.

As a result there are only four trains per hour serving Charlton, two from London Bridge to Plumstead and the return, each running as five cars, and two from Charing Cross to Slade Green, each running as eight cars. These trains will operate in both directions via Charlton and Bexleyheath.

After the game two extra trains, with 10 carriages, have been fitted into the schedule. The 17.16 from Charlton arrives at London Bridge at 17.27 and the 17.17 from Charlton to Slade Green goes via Woolwich Dockyard, Woolwich Arsenal, Plumstead, Abbey Wood, Belvedere and Erith. Standby rail replacement buses will be available at Dartford.

There are also some planned delays and closures on the tube on Sunday. More details can be found here.

Fans can get return coach travel to the match for just £8.50 with the club's Valley Express service. Click here for more details and a list of pick-up points.

Click here for the latest ticket news.

Meanwhile, Charlton’s trip to Yeovil Town on Saturday, December 7th (3pm) also faces rail disruption.

Engineering works on the day means that the scheduled services between London Waterloo to Yeovil Junction will be diverted and reduced from an hourly to two-hourly frequency thus reducing the capacity and trains available on the day.

Finally, fans planning to attend the Boxing Day game against Brighton & Hove Albion by train are warned that Charlton station will be closed.

Southeastern confirmed there will be no trains running on their lines on December 26th meaning the closure. Meanwhile, Southern Railway have revealed will be a train service between Brighton and Three Bridges then a bus replacement service to East Grinstead (via Gatwick) where a train service will run to London Bridge from which there is a tube link to North Greenwich.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk//news/article/20131024-plan-travel-carefully-on-sunday-1132816.aspx#2ZFuLL6IXix3d8OT.99