Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Complete line ups that you can still remember

Comments

• Addickted said:

1. Sprake
    2. Reaney
    3. Cooper
    4. Bremner
    5. Charlton
    6. Hunter
    7. Lorimer
    8. Clarke
    9. Jones
    10. Giles
    11. McCreadie
    12. Yorath

Eddie Gray at 11, surely?
    Of course you're right EF - goodness knows where I got McCreadie from!

• edited October 2013
    Addickted said:

1. Sprake
    2. Reaney
    3. Cooper
    4. Bremner
    5. Charlton
    6. Hunter
    7. Lorimer
    8. Clarke
    9. Jones
    10. Giles
    11. Gray
    12. Yorath

What year we talking about? What about Jim (farmer) Storrie at the start of their halcyon days and later on Paul Madeley or Trevor Cherry.
  • Bonetti, Webb, McCreadie, Hollins, Dempsey, Harris, Cooke, Hudson, Osgood, Hutchinson, Houseman. (not the actual 1970 F A Cup winning team as Hudson was injured and Baldwin played).
  • Addickted said:

Addickted said:

1. Sprake
    2. Reaney
    3. Cooper
    4. Bremner
    5. Charlton
    6. Hunter
    7. Lorimer
    8. Clarke
    9. Jones
    10. Giles
    11. McCreadie
    12. Yorath

Eddie Gray at 11, surely?
    Of course you're right EF - goodness knows where I got McCreadie from!

you got McCreadie from that cup final because Gray crucified him!
  • edited October 2013
    One for JohnBoy Spurs 1961 Double winning team here goes
    Brown
    Henry
    LB?
    Blanchflower
    Norman
    Mackay
    Medwin or Dyson
    White
    Smith
    Greaves
    Jones

Edit : hadn't noticed dickplumb had already done this but at least I didn't copy it :-)
  • Bailey
    Compton Carberry
    Baxter Nelson Elsworthy
    Stephenson Moran Crawford Phillips Leadbetter
  • edited October 2013

Bailey
    Compton Carberry
    Baxter Nelson Elsworthy

That'll be the Tractor Boys Lincs :0)
  • RedChaser said:

Bailey
    Compton Carberry
    Baxter Nelson Elsworthy

That'll be the tractor Boys Lincs :0)
    aya gorra loihte bhoy ((:>)
  • edited October 2013
    RedChaser said:

One for JohnBoy Spurs 1961 Double winning team here goes
    Brown
    Henry
    LB?
    Blanchflower
    Norman
    Mackay
    Medwin or Dyson
    White
    Smith
    Greaves
    Jones

Baker was rb, Henry lb .. Greaves was not in the side; he signed for the next season from Italy, by coincidence, the same year Ramsey's Tractor Boys won the league, the first and so far only time a club in its first ever season in the top division achieved this feat . Les Allen of 'clan Allen' was the number 10, moved to 9 at the expense of Smith when Greaves arrived ... sorry !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ah yes, cheers Lincs and If that was done without googling RESPECT I'm not worthy :0)
  • Sponsored links:

• N'kono
    Massing
    Ebwelle
    Kunde
    Tataw (c)
    Akem
    Kana-Biyick
    M'bouh M'bouh
    M'fede
    Makanaky
    Omam-Biyick

Starting line-up on June 8th 1990.

For who?
  • Cameroon?
  • Kudos to you RC, no time to Google it! Bonus point for opponents and the significance of the game.
  • RedChaser said:

Ah yes, cheers Lincs and If that was done without googling RESPECT I'm not worthy :0)

My dad was an Ipswich fanatic, he took me to many games during that magic season .. the Spurs side of 60/61 was WELL known to most boys of that era, they were the pin up boys as double winners, Greaves was infamous for his indiscretions in Italy following his move from Chelsea .. he reportedly moved from AC Milan to Spurs for £99,999, Nicholson didn't want him to be the first £100,000 player .. if memory serves, that distinction went a few weeks later to Denis Law from Torino to Man Utd

• 1. Cooper
    2. Burley
    3. Mills
    4. Thijsen
    5. Osman
    6. Butcher
    7. Wark
    8. Muhren
    9. Mariner
    10 .Brazil
    11. Gates
    12. O'Callaghan
  • ^^^^ Robson's magic TBs
  • Ipswich again!
  • edited October 2013

Kudos to you RC, no time to Google it! Bonus point for opponents and the significance of the game.

It's getting late AUN the grey matter ain't what it used to be and matron will want me to turn this off in a minute so my first guess is England & Quarter final World Cup which we won?
    Edit : the quarter final not the competition :-)
  • Close, tournament opener when the plucky Africans beat the fancied Argies. Lovely!
  • 1. Cooper
    2. Burley
    3. Mills
    4. Thijsen
    5. Osman
    6. Butcher
    7. Wark
    8. Muhren
    9. Mariner
    10 .Brazil
    11. Gates
    12. O'Callaghan

what about Kevin Beattie ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Close, tournament opener when the plucky Africans beat the fancied Argies. Lovely!

Would never have got that in a million years. Didn't that 40 year old striker Roger Millar play for Cameroon?
  • Hamer
    Wilson
    Wiggins
    Cousins
    Pritchard
    Stephens
    Stewart
    Kermorgant
    Church

Sundays line-up............

Due to copius amounts of illegal substances in the 90's, That's about the best I can muster these days.
  • Flipping 'Johnny come latelys' :-)
  • RedChaser said:

Close, tournament opener when the plucky Africans beat the fancied Argies. Lovely!

Would never have got that in a million years. Didn't that 40 year old striker Roger Millar play for Cameroon?

He came on as a late sub in that game but started the second group game and the rest is his history. He was 38 when he was recalled to the national squad, answering the call of the country's President no less.
  • lolwray said:

wright

Curtis
    went/keirs
    reeves
    Kinsey

Gregory
    moore
    Campbell
    peacock/mullen

treacy
    tees/Crawford

guess which year?

Great side i remember Dennis Booth played quite a few games that season too.
  • RedChaser said:

Close, tournament opener when the plucky Africans beat the fancied Argies. Lovely!

He came on as a late sub in that game but started the second group game and the rest is his history. He was 38 when he was recalled to the national squad, answering the call of the country's President no less.
    I remember Lineker referring to the Cameroons as the Maceroons .. say that now Gary and you'd get 10 years hard labour, stripped of your OBE and your stripes by the BBC and a lifetime Fatwah would be on yer 'ead by everyone from the Fabians to Lord OOOOOzzzzzeeeeley
  • Ilic Mills Bowen Jones Rufus Youds Newton Kinsella Bright Mendonca Heaney .. Jones Robinson Brown .. yessssssssss
  • Bolder humphrey Reid peake
  • For some reason the Everton side of 84/85 has always stuck with me:-

Southall
    Stevens
    Van Den Hawue
    Ratciffe
    Mountfield
    Reid
    Steven
    Gray
    Sharp
    Bracewell
    Sheedy
  • edited October 2013
    Wakeham

Sewell

Stocks

Bailey

Hinton

Tocknell

Kenning

Kennedy

Matthews

Edwards

Kinsey

If not the first team I saw it was very early on so 62/63 season.

I remember Hewie, Lucas, Glover, Peacock and Ryan playing that season too. Hewie would have replaced Stocks, Lucas Kennedy, Glover or Peacock Kinsey and Ryan Matthews.

SECOND EDIT: I left out Brian Ord who didn't play much but got me into trouble although he obviously would have no idea! He'd replaced an injured Mike Bailey and was himself injured and rolling around on the little track in front of the East Terrace whilst I was perched on the little fence almost directly in line with him. Charlie Hall, or perhaps it was Jock Basford then, came on and Ord said "it's my fucking knee" and spent the rest of the match hobbling around on the wing as they did back then.

I got home and re-enacted what I'd seen, as was my habit, and all went well until I plummeted to the living room floor clutching my knee and yelling "it's my fucking knee!"

Back then (in my house anyway) swearing in the home in front of your mother and grandmother was frowned upon and I was duly chastised!