Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn post £37m annual loss

136% wages to turnover ratio.

Bonkers

Comments

• Options
    Wow
  • Options
    Yep football is a crazy and unfair business. Something's got to change.
  • Options
    That's mental, surely they are going to hit the rocks?
  • Options
    Puts our 110% ratio during the promotion season in perspective. How will the chicken club be affected by Fair play, do thye have longer to get their house in order after relegation?
  • Options
    And their muppet fans still want Venky's out. What other mug would take them on?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Kap10 said:

. How will the chicken club be affected by Fair play, do thye have longer to get their house in order after relegation?

Already admitted they expect a fine or points deduction.

Have to sell Rhodes for starters.

• Options

Kap10 said:

. How will the chicken club be affected by Fair play, do thye have longer to get their house in order after relegation?

Or more chickens !

• Options

Kap10 said:

Or more chickens !

As the saying goes.

Don't count your chickens.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I think Blackburn's chickens are coming home to roost, literally.

It really is true what they say , don't put all your eggs in one basket..case.
  • Options
    Rich foreign owners? Be careful what you wish for.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For me the parachute payment thing has never worked, as there are still so many clubs that go into free-fall, whilst carrying players on huge wages, when they get relegated from the Prem. In my opinion they should introduce a rule for all 92 clubs where they have to give players a four tiered contract. If we're in the Prem you get paid this, if we're in the Champ this, L1 this etc.

That way a club should be able to continue to function after relegation without racking up huge debts trying to pay wages that don't reflect their position.

Will be interesting to see what happens at Reading as well. They had a good Champ team but they weren't good enough for the Prem when they got promoted. Now they're back and I assume most of those players, who have proved that the Champ is their level, are now earning Prem wages.

Wolves went down to L1 still paying some of their players something like £40k per week.
  • Options
    I think that there needs to be amendments to the system such that clubs like Blackburn are not allowed to buy players like Rhodes - why his agent suggested going there is a mystery - apart from the money of course. And clubs who break the rules should not allowed to be promoted... more later but it looks clear that there are a couple of clubs in the top six who are going to break the rules. Paying a fine when you are about to pick up £120M guaranteed over 5 years is not really going to stop you is it?
  • Options
    But clubs that only just fail to break even could do so with the help of the fines. May be wrong but Blackburn may have to pay £3 million as a fine on those losses if they are the same over this season.
  • Options
    Also think how bad their accounts would be without the parachute payment.
  • Options
    losses of this magnitude are quite simply RIDICULOUS
  • Options

losses of this magnitude are quite simply RIDICULOUS

Worse than that over at Bolton.

• Options
    Promotion or bust for Blackburn, then.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

They have no chance. Sorry state really. I actually think our board are doing a good job; certainly in comparison to most.

• Options

Rhodes - why his agent suggested going there is a mystery - apart from the money of course.

No other reason. Signs for Blackburn = nice big chunk for agent. Probably also realised that they'll probably have to sell him after a season or two= another big chunk for agent...............
  • Options

Rhodes - why his agent suggested going there is a mystery - apart from the money of course.

No other reason. Signs for Blackburn = nice big chunk for agent. Probably also realised that they'll probably have to sell him after a season or two= another big chunk for agent...............
    I think Huddersfield at the time were surprised he went there as well...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe not just money. People who know him say he's a bit of a home boy, doesn't want to move away from where he lives and more likely to spend time at home on Charlton Life (he is member) or watching a film rather than being out boozing or clubbing.

Also when he signed Rovers had just come down and should have been a reasonable bet to go back up to the Prem. Steve Kean, who signed Rhodes, was sacked when they were third and doing well.

And we can't know who else was willing to meet 'udders asking price. Maybe no one. I'm not sure he's a premiership striker yet and while my opinion counts for nothing there didnt seem to be many Prem clubs chasing him.

I am not saying that money wasn't a big factor, why wouldn't it be, but it may not have been the only factor
  • Options

I think Huddersfield at the time were surprised he went there as well...
    8 million as well!

Some clubs pay that for decent talent from overseas...

• Options
    Turnover £26.9 Million

Wages £36.6 Million

Wow indeed
  • Options
    Chicken feed for the Venki's
  • Options
    cfgs said:

But clubs that only just fail to break even could do so with the help of the fines. May be wrong but Blackburn may have to pay £3 million as a fine on those losses if they are the same over this season.

Just to be clear on FFP - clubs pay fines on losses in excess of £8M IF they are promoted and are stopped from signing / registering players if not - should they break the rules...

Can't see them going up (unlike other clubs who are overspending) so they will be barred from the January 2015 window, AND cannot even re-sign their own players until their numbers come back under control.

• Options
    Oh ok cheers Seriously_red for the heads up.
  • Options

Maybe not just money. People who know him say he's a bit of a home boy, doesn't want to move away from where he lives and more likely to spend time at home on Charlton Life (he is member) or watching a film rather than being out boozing or clubbing.

Also when he signed Rovers had just come down and should have been a reasonable bet to go back up to the Prem. Steve Kean, who signed Rhodes, was sacked when they were third and doing well.

And we can't know who else was willing to meet 'udders asking price. Maybe no one. I'm not sure he's a premiership striker yet and while my opinion counts for nothing there didnt seem to be many Prem clubs chasing him.

I am not saying that money wasn't a big factor, why wouldn't it be, but it may not have been the only factor

Agreed and I hadn't thought about the prospect of his agent engineering another move if it goes wrong...

Re. Kean + the departure of Mark Hughes shortly after Venkys came in (and Wolves last season / CAFC a few years back) it is very, very clear that you need to get the management right in the first place to actually handle the drop and reposition for the play-offs.

And that is where CAFC is so lucky to have Chris Powell - there's a reason he is the longest serving manager in the division! And long may that continue.
  • Options

cfgs said:

Just to be clear on FFP - clubs pay fines on losses in excess of £8M IF they are promoted and are stopped from signing / registering players if not - should they break the rules...

Can't see them going up (unlike other clubs who are overspending) so they will be barred from the January 2015 window, AND cannot even re-sign their own players until their numbers come back under control.

if the Venkys gifted/gave money to the club do the fines and FFP stuff change
  • Options
    Rhodes will end up here with his dad.
  • Options

Rhodes will end up here with his dad.

Gary?