Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn post £37m annual loss

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2013

Rhodes will end up here with his dad.

Gary?

Andy

• Options
    mate that could be a long time in happening and so many variables in the way

I cant see the money needed to get him come from you unless you go up
  • Options
    edited November 2013

cfgs said:

But clubs that only just fail to break even could do so with the help of the fines. May be wrong but Blackburn may have to pay £3 million as a fine on those losses if they are the same over this season.

Just to be clear on FFP - clubs pay fines on losses in excess of £8M IF they are promoted and are stopped from signing / registering players if not - should they break the rules...

Can't see them going up (unlike other clubs who are overspending) so they will be barred from the January 2015 window, AND cannot even re-sign their own players until their numbers come back under control.

if the Venkys gifted/gave money to the club do the fines and FFP stuff change
    Big question asked by the Brighton chairman a month or two back as to whether the relevant authorities enforce FFP in the Championship and Premier League ( & Europe) - will they enforce fair value on advertising and sponsorship between connected parties - covering stadium naming etc and even outright gifts...Brighton claim they are cutting back by £3M to comply.

Football agents are seeking to challenge as this is going to dilute their ability to make big money touting players to highest bidder.

Just 13 months to wait to see what really happens
  • Options
    ^ My guess is absolutely nothing.............
  • Options

Gary?

Andy

Andy Rhodes is an Oldham legend, along with Andy Richie, Earl Barrett, Mike Milligan etc. If Jordan wants to follow in his Dad's footsteps, he should go there, or to some other club with a plastic pitch!

• Options
    If money is given freely to a club, with no comebacks and hidden debt /loans etc i personally don't see what the problem is
    If someone wants to burn their dough into football then that's their choice , surely FFP can't stop that ?
  • Options

If money is given freely to a club, with no comebacks and hidden debt /loans etc i personally don't see what the problem is
    If someone wants to burn their dough into football then that's their choice , surely FFP can't stop that ?

"Only" 5m can be put in as equity this season, less next season. You can spend what you like on other areas such as the Academy or staduim as it is the first team spending that is limited to a fixed figure over income.

Good news is Charlton are in no danger of breaking FFP by spending too much.
  • Options
    The problem is twofold - If like Jordan and Goldberg they have a limited fortune of "only" 20-40M then the club can fall over leaving creditors but this happens everywhere. More importantly these people and the billionaires distort everything pushing up football wages for every other club and ensuring trophies are won by the wealthiest backer and not the best run clubs... so Chelsea, Blackburn, Man City and now even QPR start winning things...
    I see your point but don't know how the rules are written nor executed to prevent this...
    There are laws and tax codes defining corporation tax but that doesnt stop HP, Amazon, Starbucks, Apple and others paying very little if any in this country!
  • Options
    Thanks HI and seriously_red
  • Options
    FFP is entirely sensible, and will benefit all Football League clubs in the long run. My understanding is that you only pay a fine if you get promoted and fail to meet the regs, which will be around the £3-4m mark! This money will be distributed amongst your rivals. Team slike Blackburn won't pay a fine, but will almost certainly face a transfer embargo, so they can lose players, but can't bring any in.

If this works - and no reason why it shouldn't - football clubs will live within their means and be viable in around 5 years time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

And their muppet fans still want Venky's out. What other mug would take them on?

Before the Venkys came the club was a mid table premiership side, now they're a mid table championship side losing £100k a day.

• Options

And their muppet fans still want Venky's out. What other mug would take them on?

Before the Venkys came the club was a mid table premiership side, now they're a mid table championship side losing £100k a day.

It really is frightening when you think of on a daily basis. One hundred, thousand pounds each and every day. Scary.

• Options
    Am I right in thinking that FFP is being challenged in the courts ala Bosman ?
  • Options

All Rhodes lead to, erm ...... Sheffield?

• Options
    Rhodes was a punt, and he could (still) be worth more then that paid for him.

However, Danny Murphy on in excess of £30k a week, was a gamble of getting back up. Parachute payments are supposed to be use to fund existing commitments that can't be reduced - players like Murphy that are already there. Being allowed to, and choosing to, sign players like Murphy on the kind of money they earn, in my eyes, removes any sympathy that I might have had for their situation.

Frankly, until clubs stop making gambles like this one the third division will continue to have teams in it that were in the Premier League less than ten years before.
  • Options

Under the circunstances i actually think steve kean wasnt doing a bad job.not sure why the fans were so against him.
  • Options

Rhodes was a punt ......

Never heard him called that before

• Options
    edited November 2013

Am I right in thinking that FFP is being challenged in the courts ala Bosman ?

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/latest-news/legal-challenge-to-uefa-ffp-rules-by-bosman-lawyer

I don't fully understand all of this stuff. I just wish they'd make banksters play by these rules!
  • Options

Rhodes was a punt, and he could (still) be worth more then that paid for him.

However, Danny Murphy on in excess of £30k a week, was a gamble of getting back up. Parachute payments are supposed to be use to fund existing commitments that can't be reduced - players like Murphy that are already there. Being allowed to, and choosing to, sign players like Murphy on the kind of money they earn, in my eyes, removes any sympathy that I might have had for their situation.

Frankly, until clubs stop making gambles like this one the third division will continue to have teams in it that were in the Premier League less than ten years before.

Yep relegated clubs should not be allowed to sign players until they can show they comply with FFP!
    At the moment QPR, Wigan and Reading are exempt from FFP for a year.
  • Options
    Just shows that even Championship clubs now have to be owned by multi billionaires if they what to have a chance of promotion to the premiership. If your owners are only worth a few tens of millions of pounds, then as a championship club you are in trouble.