Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*******2nd PITCH INSPECTION 2.15 ED - Game ON*********

13»

Comments

• Options
    Just looked back to what I said after the Donny game:

---
    You do have to wonder.

There really had not been a HUGE amount of either heavy sustained rain, nor flash flood style downpour. Yet that pitch was not playable and clearly not draining away. I

suspect that might not be the only home game that has WATERLOGGED against it this season.

---

This could be a real problem for us this season
  • Options
    The fact that there wasn't even an inspection at Welling and games at the Meridian went ahead speaks volumes for me. Something is very wrong, the rain today was hardly biblical and on the East side it was waterlogged and it could quite easily have been called off.

As I have already said, the pitch will have been trashed today and there will be no money to put it back together again.
  • Options
    Last season when we played Hull it chucked it down all game, but there never was a hint that the game would be abandoned. I wonder if the snow last season damaged the soil and drainage underneath?
  • Options
    The pitch doesn't drain and this needs to be sorted out. Ridiculous how wet the pitch was today given that we hadn't had torrential rain.
    Trying to pass the ball on this surface is a lottery...
  • Options
    The club was lucky that the match went ahead today - had it been called off they would have had to provide all the hospitality packages again. They've already got to do that for the re-arranged Doncaster match and to do it again would have been very expensive, especially as I understand that most lounges were full today.

I wonder what would be cheaper - to properly sort out the pitch or to lose money on hospitality.
  • Options
    I know that Paddy has been very frustrated over the last couple of seasons as the pitch budget has been slashed dramatically. A simple pitch cover would be a start, but if the board are not going to give CP money to spend, I doubt they are going to improve the pitch.