Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why won't their covers on the pitch????

edited November 2013 in General Charlton
No I'm not blaming the pitch for the result today but the real question is, why won't their any covers on the pitch?

We are the only team that played a full 90 mins that had a delayed kick off, even Welling United managed to start at 3pm and play a full 90 mins.

I know we are skint but surely pitch covers do not cost that much? I'm dreading if we get any snow this year.

Comments

• Options
    It has to be something to do with the drainage on the pitch surely?
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Not sure but our pitch has been good for years, it's only the past two seasons it's not been looked after properly.
  • Options
    Pitch covers do not cost anything? Why are Wickes and B and Q giving them away? Of course they cost, and I would think a fair amount of money.
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

Huskaris said:

Not sure but our pitch has been good for years, it's only the past two seasons it's not been looked after properly.
    That's true. I'd really like to know why it's so bad. And not just some speculation, there has to be a real reason.
  • Options
    We used to have that inflatable bubble. I know that the bubble burst years ago, but I'm sure in the past I've seen it laid across the pitch in its limp state to keep the rain off. Is there a problem with this (pitch sweating perhaps) or has it been chucked out?
  • Options
    KO was delayed at Palace too - was that for another reason? And I hope that predictive text is to blame for the subject headline Disco... :-)
  • Options
    edited November 2013

KO was delayed at Palace too - was that for another reason? And I hope that predictive text is to blame for the subject headline Disco... :-)

The Palace match was delayed as the fans refused to set foot in that dump and had to be coaxed in with promises of being able to laugh at their chairmans hair.

Fact.
  • Options

The Palace match was delayed as the fans refused to set foot in that dump and had to be coaxed in with promises of being able to laugh at their chairmans hair.

Fact.
    Was he using the pitch cover as a hair net??
  • Options
    It would be interesting to see the budget allocated for pitch maintenance for the last few seasons.
  • Options
    We'll get fined by the FA if we don't try something. Or maybe we're just hoping for no rain on matchdays
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Weren't
  • Options
    In the prem days we had a nifty motorised soaker upper. Think it was called a hippo. What happened to that?
  • Options

We'll get fined by the FA if we don't try something. Or maybe we're just hoping for no rain on matchdays

FA can do FA about it unless it is FA cup game, but FL might have a word soon.
  • Options
    the title must have set a thread record - 2 grammatical errors in just 7 words. I think you'll find it should say.

"Why wasn't there covers on the pitch ??"
  • Options
    "...their covers...." ?
    Who's / Whom's ?
  • Options

the title must have set a thread record - 2 grammatical errors in just 7 words. I think you'll find it should say.

Sorry I thought this was a Football forum but it appears to be a Grammer/English lesson forum, my mistake.
  • Options
    Rules are every club must have frost covers, but they do nothing for rain. This issue is maintenance, I'm sure Paddy does what he can but if he has no budget for things such as regular veridraining which basically punches lots of 6 inch holes and provides drainage. Without this even our pitch, which has excellent drainage mainly due to all the crap under it, will have issues, very short sighted as at some point major works will be required as the pitch will become a bog
  • Options

Actually, that's wrong as well! ;-)

It is either...why wasn't there a cover on the pitch? Or...why weren't there covers on the pitch?
  • Options
    Pelham123 said:

In the prem days we had a nifty motorised soaker upper. Think it was called a hippo. What happened to that?

Sadly, it drowned.

• Options
    Pelham123 said:

The hippopsuction went badly wrong.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Fanny Fanackapan Member
    4:49PM

Pelham123 said:

Sadly, it drowned.

Named after Ralph Milne apparently.
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

Sorry I thought this was a Football forum but it appears to be a Grammer/English lesson forum, my mistake.
    There's forum bad, formal bad and there's 'don't ever be seen writing like that in public' bad. If you want to make and land a point, it really helps to not come across as a six year old. Mistaking "won't" for "weren't" is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Unless it was shorthand for "why won't they put their covers on the pitch", in which case it was just a bit lazy.
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

It is spelt grammar, there, you have a spelling lesson as well.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I don't have a red pen, but it should have read thusly;

"Sorry, I thought this was a Ffootball forum but it appears to be a Grammer/English grammar or English lesson forum, m. My mistake."
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Wasn't the pitch relaid over the summer? Did not think it was that bad as we have played in worse!! Drainage costs money. Covers cost money. Can't see drainage being top of our priorities at the moment.
  • Options

Fanny Fanackapan Member
    4:49PM

Pelham123 said:

Sadly, it drowned.

Named after Ralph Milne apparently.

The Whale I think.
  • Options
    For years I remember us having 'the best pitch in football'
    Had some horrid winters and yet the pitch was always top quality.....until 2 years ago
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Maybe TJ has the pitch cover at Les Bordes, keeping little Den's half a mil nice and dry!! We should be able to get it back now :)
  • Options
    Even when we were shit, the pitch was good.