Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why won't their covers on the pitch????

Comments

• Options
    The bad pitch is caused by the bad weather in Charlton , the bad weather is caused by climate change, the climate change is caused by the excessive smoking in the toilets, the excessive smoking in the toilets is caused by poor performances on the pitch and the poor performances on the pitch are caused by Chris Powell.

Powell out and the world shall be a better place....

(winkysmileface)
  • Options
    Its the wrong type of rain on the pitch.....?
  • Options
    we're in a valley.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I don't have a red pen, but it should have read thusly;

sorry i cant accept "thusly" ...i ll take thus

"Sorry, I thought this was a Ffootball forum but it appears to be a Grammer/English grammar or English lesson forum, m. My mistake."

• Options

But what happened in the early 90s when the club was surely just as broke as it is now? We never had such problems then, or is this a result of long term deterioration of the soil/drainage of the pitch on the East side?

And yes, our pitch budget has been reduced, but surely it must be more than the majority of teams in L1 and L2 who have a much better playing surface at the moment.

Maybe it is because the stadium was a lot more open then - the wind and the sun could get to more of the pitch to dry it out?
  • Options

DiscoCAFC said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Unless it was shorthand for "why won't they put their covers on the pitch", in which case it was just a bit lazy.

Does it really matter? I admit I made a few grammar/spelling mistakes for which I apologise but is it really a big issue on a football forum when you clearly knew what I mean. If I'm doing a English test fair enough but this is a football forum.

Making such ridiculous comments about other people's grammar and spelling mistakes is pathetic.
    Most knew what you meant mate. Some people are just proper busy and have to fill their own ego's and importance via the internet. Really sad.
    Exactly what I thought.
  • Options

Most knew what you meant mate. Some people are just proper busy and have to fill their own ego's and importance via the internet. Really sad.

should that be egos without an apostrophe?

• Options
    I'll be the first to say I shouldn't appear on Countdown (would love to though!) but spelling should be easier than ever now, what with online dictionaries and spell check.

Seems like it's deteriorating everywhere though, is it laziness?
  • Options
    Using though twice wasn't too impressive.
  • Options
    Check out all of the Alan Titchcocks on this thread. Not only do we have football tactical geniusus in abundance, but everyone's got a perfect lawn with not even a single weed.

Now, anyone know anything about politics? Or the EU?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

Now, anyone know anything about politics? Or the EU?

There's only one person to blame, that's Maggie. She stopped young children drinking milk at school. Milk comes from cows, who eat the grass and that's the problem, as we now have the wrong type of grass.
  • Options
    A few mild corrections to bullying in 40 posts or less.

I don't mind seeing one or two errors being corrected, I do it myself sometimes. This thread however is way over the top.

Did the thread title make sense? No, not on the first reading, however we know and knew what was meant.

Let's leave it now boys and girls.
  • Options
    P.s

When did oh my god become;

Ehr mah gherd

There's loads of examples just the same and I hate them equally.
  • Options
    CAS Trust have raised concerns last night over the pitch with Steve Bradshaw and asked for information. There is also a Fans Forum this week that we and others can use to follow up.
  • Options
    can sum1 teech me english plz.
  • Options

can sum1 teech me english plz.

Kunminglingual?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Dazzler21 said:

P.s

Ehr mah gherd

Speak the Queens English, do ya?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

P.s

Ehr mah gherd

I think that's to do with an internet meme commonly known as 'Herp Derp".

It's used to indicate stupidity - unflattering pictures are often accompanied by a caption saying 'herp derp', 'er mah gerd' or similar.

That's my understanding of it anyway.
  • Options
    razil said:

CAS Trust have raised concerns last night over the pitch with Steve Bradshaw and asked for information. There is also a Fans Forum this week that we and others can use to follow up.

Be interested to know the club's view. However this is really one for Chris Powell who can't be happy about it. However if the answer is £250,000 to be spent on the pitch or on the playing staff in January, what do you want?

I am happy to leave this decision to Powell and I suspect I know his response!

• Options
    probably one for Colin Powell ...its obviously not a coincidence that the pitch wore very badly last year and we have had problems this year ..its definitely down to lack of investment and manpower
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also, we had a couple of home games on very wet days - which worringly we have had this year too! The pitch gets damaged and we have seen, it really has a job recovering!
  • Options
    I imagine the problem isn't with the pitch, but with the drainage beneath it, and that's not something that can be fixed until the off season
  • Options
    @RichCawleySLP: #cafc boss Chris Powell also tells us that discussion taking place to try and improve Valley surface as wet weather caused problems v Leeds.”
  • Options
    edited November 2013

the title must have set a thread record - 2 grammatical errors in just 7 words. I think you'll find it should say.

"Why wasn't there covers on the pitch ??"

Oh dear, let's try again shall we?

Either: "Why was there no cover on the pitch" or the acceptable abbreviation "Why wasn't there a cover on the pitch"

Covers is plural so the correct form of the verb would be were - was is singular.
    "No cover" can not be plural, plural = more than one and there was no cover i.e. less than one.

Pedantic? maybe, but the logical extension of "it don't matter what's writ so long as we know what he meant" is an entirely random selection of characters, letters and numbers with no punctuation at all - which is welsh is it not?

• Options
    razil said:

and what do you and the Club plan to do about grammatical errors and bad spelling?

• Options

the title must have set a thread record - 2 grammatical errors in just 7 words. I think you'll find it should say.

Either: "Why was there no cover on the pitch" or the acceptable abbreviation "Why wasn't there a cover on the pitch"

Covers is plural so the correct form of the verb would be were - was is singular.
    "No cover" can not be plural, plural = more than one and there was no cover i.e. less than one.

Pedantic? maybe, but the logical extension of "it don't matter what's writ so long as we know what he meant" is an entirely random selection of characters, letters and numbers with no punctuation at all - which is welsh is it not?

capital M after the question mark methinks.

• Options

razil said:

and what do you and the Club plan to do about grammatical errors and bad spelling?

We would 'not of' wanted to tread on any toes as that is clearly Henry's domain

;)
  • Options
    razil said:

razil said:

We would 'not of' wanted to tread on any toes as that is clearly Henry's domain

;)
    Actually, no it isn't. Not a single comment on spelling or grammar from me on this thread.

I did have to explain the difference between "it's" and "its" among other things to you and the Trust so your early flyers didn't go out full of mistakes.

And yes I saw the : - )
  • Options

its ok, golfy can come 2 english class wiv me.
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Unless it was shorthand for "why won't they put their covers on the pitch", in which case it was just a bit lazy.

Does it really matter? I admit I made a few grammar/spelling mistakes for which I apologise but is it really a big issue on a football forum when you clearly knew what I mean. If I'm doing a English test fair enough but this is a football forum.

Making such ridiculous comments about other people's grammar and spelling mistakes is pathetic.

DiscoCAFC said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Ordinarily I don't pick up on grammar. Not any more at least. But this one was an exception. It was that bad.