Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snooker updates

Comments

• just cos of his hair i hope Selby makes a comeback. and i'm not even keen on Selby (his team were about to win the top league and he was at a snooker match. If that was Charlton i would never of turned up)
  • Robertson won 10-3

Todays semi-final
    Barry Hawkins v Ronnie O'Sullivan
    Live on ITV4 at 12.45-16.00 & 18.45-22-30

I predict O'Sullivan to win 10-6
  • Hawkins off to a very good start with a 125 break to lead 1-0
  • Hawkins with a break of 138 [highest of tournament] leads 2-0, O'Sullivan yet to pot a ball.
  • Hawkins leads 3-1 at the mid-session interval.
  • 4-4 at the end of the afternoon session.
  • Hawkins leading 7-5 at the mid-session interval
  • O'Sullivan won 10-9
    Todays final
    O'Sullivan v Robertson
    Live coverage on ITV4 12.45- 16.30 & 18.45-2230
  • how has anyone not mentioned Robertsons hair??

he has had it permed. i cant even get a haircut yet that twat has made himself look like a fucking poodle. 

8 - 2 up on Selby 
    I think this is his natural hair style and colour, he hasn't had a perm - he hasn't had it straightened.
  • how has anyone not mentioned Robertsons hair??

he has had it permed. i cant even get a haircut yet that twat has made himself look like a fucking poodle. 

8 - 2 up on Selby 
    I think this is his natural hair style and colour, he hasn't had a perm - he hasn't had it straightened.
    really? fair enough. it just surprised me after years of his straight blonde hair. 
  • Sponsored links:

• 4-4 at the end of the afternoon session.
  • Robertson won 10-4 with an outstanding performance.
  • Thanks for updates

Not been able to watch much of this tournament. Robertson is my fave so pleased for him. He looked pretty awesome in the frames I saw in the Selby match and Ronnie very complimentary re this match. 

Hopefully he can play like this in the worlds. 
  • If Robertson can perform like he did in this tournament there is no reason why he cannot win the world championship.
  • he was top notch. some of the best snooker i've seen from him.
  • I missed alot of this, thank you for the updates. 

Always great to see Ronnie or Robbo come away with the W, slightly annoying Ronnie got a lesson but still i do like Robbo so i'll give him that, apparently flawless, surely he is going to get another World Championship. thought he fell away a bit but in good form so could use it. 
  • Championship League-Group 7 March 30-31

Todays Schedule

TABLE 1                                                           TABLE 2

FROM 12:30PM                                                   FROM 12:30PM

Kurt Maflin vs Yan Bingtao                            Neil Robertson v Joe Perry

Kurt Maflin v Mark Williams                           David Gilbert v Anthony McGill

Yan Bingtao v Neil Robertson                        Mark Williams v Anthony McGill

NOT BEFORE 6PM                                                NOT BEFORE 6PM

Kurt Maflin v Neil Robertson                         Joe Perry v David Gilbert
    Neil Robertson v Mark Williams                     Yan Bingtao v Joe Perry
    Mark Williams v David Gilbert                        Kurt Maflin v Anthony McGill

Live coverage on Freesports from 12.30 & 18.00

• Thanks for the reminder Clive, could be a fun watch
  • Afternoon results
    Table 1
    Yan Bingtao 3   Kurt Maflin 1
    Mark Williams 3 Kurt Maflin 1
    Yan Bingtao 3 Neil Robertson 2

Table 2
    Joe Perry 3 Neil Robertson 1
    David Gilbert 3 Anthony McGill 1
    Anthony McGill 3 Mark Williams 2
  • Evening results
    Table 1
    Neil Robertson 3 Kurt Maflin 2
    Mark Williams 3 Neil Robertson 0
    Mark Williams 3 David Gilbert 1

Table 2
    David Gilbert 3 Joe Perry 2
    Yan Bingtao 3 Joe Perry 1
    Anthony McGill 3 Kurt Maflin 1

Wednesday 31st March
    Table 1 from 12.30
    Anthony McGill v Joe Perry
    Mark Williams v Joe Perry
    Yan Bingtao v Mark Williams
    David Gilbert v Kurt Maflin

Not before 18.00
    Yan Bingtao v Anthony McGill

Table 2 from 12.30
    Yan Bingtao v David Gilbert
    Neil Robertson v David Gilbert
    Neil Robertson v Anthony McGill
    Not before 18.00
    Joe Perry v Kurt Maflin
    Live Coverage on Freesport from 12.00 & 18.00
  • Sponsored links:

• Afternoon results
    Joe Perry 3 Anthony McGill 1
    Mark Williams 3  Joe Perry 2
    Yan Bingtao 3 Mark Williams 1
    David Gilbert 3  Kurt Maflin 0
    Yan Bingtao 3 David Gilbert 1
    David Gilbert 3 Neil Robertson 2
    Anthony McGill 3  Neil Robertson 1
     Evening results
    Joe Perry 3 Yang Bingtao 0
    Mark Williams 3 David Gilbert 1
     Final
    Mark Williams 3 Joe Perry1

• Championship League Winners- April 1st-2nd

Featuring Zhou Youlong, Graeme Dott, John Higgins, Judd Trump, Kyren Wilson, Ali Carter & Mark Williams.
    Fixtures can be found here.
    http://www.championshipleaguesnooker.co.uk/tournament/2021-betvictor-invitational/winners/

• World Championship Snooker qualifiers started yesterday, Jimmy White v Stephen Hendry was the feature game. Hendry won 6-3, although still a tough ask will need to win 3 more matches to make it through. Also Reanne Evans lost to Andy Hicks at the first stage. 

For a preview see Snookerbacker 

Hendry next plays tomorrow v Xu Si best of 11 730pm KO again, last nights i could only watch on a betting site but i know it was on the eurosport player(online)

Ken Doherty plays today at 930oam v Lee Walker
  • Hendry coming out of retirement just long enough to lose Jimmy White his tour card.

Couldn't have trolled him better if he tried.

Given the standard last night I can't see Hendry getting much further.
  • Hendry coming out of retirement just long enough to lose Jimmy White his tour card.

Couldn't have trolled him better if he tried.

Given the standard last night I can't see Hendry getting much further.
    I agree, also its tough going for anyone to get through 4 pre-qualifying rounds. I would love to see it, but reckon he probably loses the next one. I dont feel like he has played enough competitive games to be match sharp, he played ok yesterday but needs to get to the next level the next game. Jimmy had a real off day, although there was one real nice clear up(6th or 7th Frame i forget) where he needed to clear up and got a 60+ to win, that was class. 
  • Hendry said he doesn't expect to get through this year because he hasn't played enough. He is targeting next season.
  • Ken Doherty lost 6-4 yesterday to Lee Walker, shame he looked good early doors, i was half going to look at his odds to qualify but i couldn't whilst he was playing, thankfully...

Hendry 730 tonight, a much tougher opponent in Xu Si. I would be surprised if he wins (pleasantly) again i feel Eurosport missed a trick as they have online only, most likely i will watch it via betting sites
  • The final of the World Championship is set to be played in front of a capacity crowd at the Crucible Theatre in May.

The return of fans will be staggered throughout the Sheffield tournament, and will start at 33% capacity.

World Snooker says face coverings will be required in the venue but social distancing "will not be expected" as the number of fans increases.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/56661944

• 16 yo Robbie Mcguigan is currently 3-0 up vs Mitchell Mann, on selected bookies site. He is the son in law for Mark Allen who recently split with his partner but i have heard alot of good things. Also on the other table Ben Mertens (I think @paulie8290 was raving about) is 3nil up, also 16. Still only qualifying rounds 1 until this evening but it would be good to see them both progress and ones to watch in the future. 
  • Are the qualifiers televised or streamed anywhere?