Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snooker updates

Comments

• I think I agree with your last 8 apart from McGill. I would like to see Selby, Trump, Robertson and O'Sullivan in the semis.
    i am kind of half trying to jynx Mcgill, deep down i think Ronnie will win but all bets/ predictions have been in Mcgills favour. Just trying to hedge my bets so to speak, i always route for Ronnie even when i've gone against him. 

That would be a cracking Semi final line up right there. 
  • Wow that could be huge, Ronnie 4-1 up screwed a tricky red of the cushion potted it but went into the green pocket, needed to get on the pink on the adjacent pocket. Mcgill then is on a maxi fails on 97, last frame of the session Mcgill gets in but falls short, a few mistakes from both players inevitably goes to 4-4. Bit of a let off for the Scot

Murphy is through 10-7 win, coming from 5-4 behind, now plays Yan Bingtao who i expect to beat him. 

Forgot to put my 4fold +/- handicap ones, which was looking terrible to be fair with Ronnie flying out the traps:
    Mcgill +4.5
    Robertson -4.5
    Higgins -1.5 (one i am most worried about, i think WJilliams wins but just covering another one) 
    Gilbert +5.5 (huge handicap based on his first round form) 
    10/1 
  • O'Sullivan seemed to lose concentration at 4-1 up. He made two superb tons. I feel it is in his hands. 
    Lots of good match ups in round 2, since there weren't many shocks.
  • edited April 2021
    Thursday results
    Shaun Murphy 10 Mark Davis 7
    Mark Selby 10 Kurt Maflin 1

Friday April 23
    Second round - best of 25 frames
    Morning session 10 .00

• Ronnie O'Sullivan 4 Anthony McGill 4
    • Barry Hawkins v Kyren Wilson

Afternoon session 1430 

• John Higgins v Mark Williams
    • Neil Robertson 5  Jack Lisowski 3

Evening session 1900 

• Ronnie O'Sullivan v  Anthony McGill 
    • Barry Hawkins v Kyren Wilson

Live coverage

10:00-12:00 & 13:00-18:00 - BBC Two

19:00-21:00 - BBC Four

10:00-14:00, 14:30-18:00 & 19:00-22:30 - BBC Red Button and BBC Sport website & mobile app

Highlights

23:20-00:10 - BBC Two

03:30-04:20, 06:20-07:10 & 09:10-10:00 - BBC Red Button (repeat)

World Championship Extra

00:10-02:10 - BBC Two

04:20-06:20 & 07:10-09:10 - BBC Red Button (repeat)

Live coverage on Eurosport from 10.00

• edited April 2021
    Ronnie is struggling, Mcgill looks to have stepped up. I am worried, i know i semi predicted it but would like him to kick in, hasn't been at the races so far. 8-4 Mcgill, yes it was 4-1 to Ronnie. Meltdown incoming? or can he fightback?

Edit- He needs to win 9-4 from here tall order when McGill is playing well
  • edited April 2021
    Neil Robertson's hair might have been the most fascinating thing on show yesterday. Wow. 
    What's the story there?

a) Natural curly topper with lockdown hair
    or
    b) First trip back to the barbers: Usual short back and sides, Neil?    No thanks, I'd like a comedy perm so I look like Rod and Todd Flanders.
  • Ronnie 10-6 down, in all fairness although Ronnie might have knicked a couple more McGill has played quality so far. He isn;t leaving much and winning frames in one visit, very impressive! shame but Ronnie would need some fightback from here and needs to win 7-2 this evening, never say never... :'( 

Currently the other game is Hawkins 3-2 Wilson (not really slow but the main game they were averaging under 15 minutes a frame and considering most of it wasnt Ronnie that is some going). 
  • edited April 2021
    @bobmunro - Can you clear up what i bet on yesterday please, it lost but i assume it might have won had Jack Lisowski won the 4th frame but still not sure exactly what it meant. Sorry to ask here but i cant find the rules for this specific bet:

Robertson (Frame 1-4) - Lisowski 16/1  (Session 1/ match result) 

I actually put on thinking it might be Robbo wins first and lisowski the 4th, then i thought it could be Robbo to win all 4. I still dont know exactly, my mate seems to think Lisowski to win the mini session lol 

If you can clarify , then in future i might have half a chance :smile:
  • Ronnie 10-6 down, in all fairness although Ronnie might have knicked a couple more McGill has played quality so far. He isn;t leaving much and winning frames in one visit, very impressive! shame but Ronnie would need some fightback from here and needs to win 7-2 this evening, never say never... :'( 

Currently the other game is Hawkins 3-2 Wilson (not really slow but the main game they were averaging under 15 minutes a frame and considering most of it wasnt Ronnie that is some going). 
    Good call about McGill, excellent from the bits i saw earlier. Kyren Wilson v Hawkins is a very decent fixture for this round too
  • edited April 2021
    Ronnie 10-6 down, in all fairness although Ronnie might have knicked a couple more McGill has played quality so far. He isn;t leaving much and winning frames in one visit, very impressive! shame but Ronnie would need some fightback from here and needs to win 7-2 this evening, never say never... :'( 

Good call about McGill, excellent from the bits i saw earlier. Kyren Wilson v Hawkins is a very decent fixture for this round too
    Bit of a shot in the dark if honest, he has had a very poor season, but he always turns up at the Crucible. Just the sort of player Ronnie can struggle against and i didn't feel pre tourney he fancied it much, just the vibe. Mcgill + 4.5 i was very confident of but he has been better than even i expected, Ronnie hasn't done much wrong tbf. 

The other match is a proper battle, can see that going 13-12 either way. Like both players too so not too fussed, betting perspective im on wilson outright though, with a few others. 

Yesterday i was contemplating putting a big bet on Selby, he looks great value at 6/1, but didn't bother but so far he's been in the best form, but often you dont find the person best from day one can sustain that over 17 days. Tough one to call for me still, semi confident with Robbo/Wilson, but also can see Trump winning it if i was going by who has the best chance.  
  • Sponsored links:

Bit of a shot in the dark if honest, he has had a very poor season, but he always turns up at the Crucible. Just the sort of player Ronnie can struggle against and i didn't feel pre tourney he fancied it much, just the vibe. Mcgill + 4.5 i was very confident of but he has been better than even i expected, Ronnie hasn't done much wrong tbf. 

The other match is a proper battle, can see that going 13-12 either way. Like both players too so not too fussed, betting perspective im on wilson outright though, with a few others. 

Yesterday i was contemplating putting a big bet on Selby, he looks great value at 6/1, but didn't bother but so far he's been in the best form, but often you dont find the person best from day one can sustain that over 17 days. Tough one to call for me still, semi confident with Robbo/Wilson, but also can see Trump winning it if i was going by who has the best chance.  
    I quite fancy Robertson too. Don't want Selby or Higgins doing well just as i'm not their biggest fan. Though Higgins looked really poor the other day
  • Stig said:
    Neil Robertson's hair might have been the most fascinating thing on show yesterday. Wow. 
    What's the story there?

a) Natural curly topper with lockdown hair
    or
    b) First trip back to the barbers: Usual short back and sides, Neil?    No thanks, I'd like a comedy perm so I look like Rod and Todd Flanders.
    a)
  • edited April 2021
    Robbo leads 9-7 going into the final session. 6-6 mid session then Robbo hits 3 one visit breaks , 2 centuries. Jack finishes with a century. High quality session and a cracking game bar the first mid session. 

Williams 5-3  Higgins , I found it funny early on when Higgins was breaking like Willo has been (if you have been following there has been alot of uproar, roll up behind the pack from the break) i actually think its a good tactic, well if you are playing someone who is a good long potter but not necessarily against Higgins. It actually isn't as negative as people think, firstly it has its pluses that you aren't leaving one on, although a few have by mis-hitting/ pace. Also it keeps the black free which does lead to a quicker frame. It also brings a new dynamic people have to try and find a tactical edge from the back of the pack, so makes for some interesting beginning of frame) for me at least. I dont mind it, even my old mate Ronnie did it a few times earlier so might catch on... 
    Was always going to be a battle this one but neck and neck, Williams looking the better potter and scorer but Higgins is well in the match, reckon its going at least 23 frames , possible 25 so not the boldest calls but it will be close. 

Edit- Added score for Willo v Higgins
  • O'Sullivan back to 10 all - McGill looking very nervous.
  • 12-12 - deciding frame.
  • Hats off to McGill there. Thought he'd blown it but he composed himself and went again. Brilliant clearances in the last two frames under such pressure.
  • Hats off to McGill there. Thought he'd blown it but he composed himself and went again. Brilliant clearances in the last two frames under such pressure.
    Definitely performed under pressure.
  • edited April 2021
    Friday result
    Anthony McGill 13 Ronnie 0'Sullivan 12

Saturday April 24
    Morning session 10.00 

• John Higgins 3 Mark Williams 5
    • Neil Robertson 9 Jack Lisowski 7

Afternoon session 1430 

• Mark Allen v Mark Selby
    • Barry Hawkins 7 Kyren Wilson 9

Evening session 1900 

• John Higgins v Mark Williams
    • Shaun Murphy v Yan Bingtao

Live coverage

13:15-16:15 - BBC One

10:00-12:00, 16:15-17:30 & 19:00-20:00 - BBC Two

19:00-21:00 - BBC Four

10:00-14:00, 16:15-18:00 & 19:00-22:30 - BBC Red Button

10:00-14:00, 14:30-18:00 & 19:00-22:30 - BBC Sport website & mobile app

Highlights

00:00-00:50 - BBC Two (00:30-01:20 BBC Two NI)

World Championship Extra

00:50-02:50 - BBC Two (01:20-03:20 BBC Two NI)

Live coverage on Eurosport from 10.00
  • edited April 2021
    Believe its 9-7 to Kyren Wilson
  • Believe its 9-7 to Kyren Wilson
    Amended, thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Saturday results

Neil Robertson 13 Jack Lisowski 9
    Mark Williams 13 John Higgins 7
    Kyren Wilson 13 Barry Hawkins 10

Sunday April 25
    Morning session 10.00 

• Stuart Bingham v Jamie Jones
    • David Gilbert v Judd Trump

Afternoon session 14.30 

• Mark Allen v Mark Selby
    • Shaun Murphy 6 Yan Bingtao 2

Evening session 1900 

• Stuart Bingham v Jamie Jones
    • David Gilbert v Judd Trump

Live coverage

10:00-11:30, 14:00-18:00 & 19:00-20:00 - BBC Two

10:00-12:00, 14:30-18:00 & 19:00-22:30 - BBC Red Button

10:00-14:00, 14:30-18:00 & 19:00-22:30 - BBC Sport website & mobile app

Highlights

23:55-00:45 - BBC Two (00:00-00:50 BBC Two NI)

03:30-04:30, 06:30-07:20, 09:20-10:10 & 12:10-13:00 - BBC Red Button (repeat)

World Championship Extra

00:45-02:45 - BBC Two (00:50-02:50 BBC Two NI)

04:30-06:30, 07:20-09:20 & 10:10-12:10 - BBC Red Button (repeat)

Live on Eurosport from 10.00

• feel a bit for Gilbert at the moment. should never had said to put the ball back before the white had finished rolling. ended up going in the pocket. Ref didn't hear him but Gilbert in honest and sportsmanship fashion said he did say it. Trump eventually after some poor shots from both won the frame. Nice guys never prosper.

He has now lost another 2 frames. 8 - 4 to Trump. 
  • I didn’t realise what was going on. He almost certainly would have won from there but he still got that red and was really unlucky to pot the yellow out of a snooker. His head went after that and the match is over now at 11-5.
  • Monday April 26
    Afternoon session 1300 

• Stuart Bingham 10 Jamie Jones 6
    • David Gilbert 5 Judd Trump 11

Evening session 1900 

• Mark Allen 6 Mark Selby 9
    • Shaun Murphy 10 Yan Bingtao 6

Monday 26 April

Live coverage

13:00-18:00 & 19:00-20:00 - BBC Two

20:00-22:00 - BBC Four

13:00-18:00 & 19:00-22:30 - BBC Red Button and BBC Sport website & mobile app

Highlights

23:30-00:20 - BBC Two (00:00-00:50 BBC Two NI)

World Championship Extra

00:20-02:20 - BBC Two (BBC Two NI)

Live on Eurosport from 13.00

• Quarters are shaping up very nicely.
  • I'll go for Selby, McGill, Trump, Robertson but all of them could go either way.
    Sorry for the delay, but thought i would add class performance from Mcgill. You cant even say Ronnie didn't turn up as he didn;t let him, yes another day ROS might have cleared up in the decider, but lovely clearance under huge pressure. Deserved well played Mcgill
  • Murphy looked in good form yesterday - should be a great game against Trump.
  • Murphy looked in good form yesterday - should be a great game against Trump.
    Trump will bash him up, i can only really see Trump losing to either Robbo/Wilson or Selby. would be a bit of a shock for me Murphy winning, although he is capable. 

Even at this stage its so tough to call a winner, Trump is the man to beat and world number one. Selby playing his best snooker and is going to be tough to beat. Robbo looking decent, Mcgill the Ronnie slayer can he carry on the momentum or will it be hard to lift himself back to the same performance. Wilson is playing well and solid but has Robbo, probably the only reasonable value left tbf, i got at 16/1 pre tourney, he is still 14/1 and will win it one year. Murphy / Bingham/ Willo , all previous winners and playing well. Great to see it so open, although i was a little disappointed the last round was alot of one sided affairs.
  • Quarter final preview, if people want to look at recommended tips (not mine) also just a good preview. 
    Highly recommend it, not too long either Snookerbacker