Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snooker updates

Comments

• MrOneLung said:
    I loathe Murphy and not even sure what it is that I dislike so much. 

Only match fixer John Higgins is below him for me. 
    he looks like a giant baby but apart from that i'm kinda indifferent to him. 
    Angry frog.
  • Wilson was incredible in that session but nearly threw the last one away. I think he would give Selby a better game, as Murphy's safety isn't quite up to the test. Selby isn't guaranteed to beat Bingham though, and Bingham was the better player today but couldn't get a lead. 

• Friday April 30
    Semi-finals - best of 33 frames
    Morning session 10.00 

• Stuart Bingham 4 Mark Selby 4

Afternoon session 14.30 

• Kyren Wilson 6 Shaun Murphy 2

Evening session 19.00

• Stuart Bingham v Mark Selby

Live coverage - Semi-Finals

10:00-12:15, 13:00-18:00 & 19:30-20:30 - BBC Two

20:30-22:00 - BBC Four

10:00-14:00, 14:30-18:00 & 19:00-22:30 - BBC Red Button and BBC Sport website & mobile app

Highlights

23:30-00:10 - BBC Two (00:30-01:10 BBC Two NI)

01:25-14:30 - BBC Red Button (repeat)

Live on Eurosport from 10.00

• This mornings first mini session has been a hard watch. Both players out of sorts and nervy still, Bingham looking the better player but also getting the run. They share the mini session so go in 6-6, if any of them clicks in to get the other one is in trouble. 
  • Both picked up, now Selby is 9-7, play resumes tonight at 8. Selby hit two centuries, Bingham replying with his own, the last one was a tight frame but Selby wins on the colours, shame its now stopped after both players finding a bit of form. 
  • Kyren went 10-4 up making the last couple of frames key, Murphy won them so its not formality. Going into the last session 10-6 Wilson leads Murphy, the match is not dead like it could have been. Halfway and will conclude tomorrow evening, they have a morning session first. 
  • Bingham with a great break to make it 9 all. unfortunate not to go on above a century. was aiming for a 147. 
  • Really interesting match, 12-11 to Bingham.
  • Saturday May 1
    Semi-finals - best of 33 frames
    Morning session 10.00 

• Kyren Wilson 10 Shaun Murphy 6

Afternoon session 14.30 

• Stuart Bingham 13 Mark Selby 11

Evening session 19.00 

• Kyren Wilson v Shaun Murphy

Live coverage - Semi-Finals

13:15-16:30 - BBC One

10:00-12:00, 16:30-17:30 & 19:00-22:00 - BBC Two

10:00-14:00, 14:30-18:00 - BBC Sport website & mobile app

Live on Eurosport from 10.00

• Last night's final frame resembled one of those late night ones down the snooker hall when you are determined to beat your opponent no matter what. Bingham must have been thinking "wtf ?......just give up mate & we can all go home to bed".
  • Sponsored links:

• Last night's final frame resembled one of those late night ones down the snooker hall when you are determined to beat your opponent no matter what. Bingham must have been thinking "wtf ?......just give up mate & we can all go home to bed".
    Classic Selby really, coming back when you need 6 snookers is not never knowing when to give up, its wasting all our time!
    Classic Selby really, coming back when you need 6 snookers is not never knowing when to give up, its wasting all our time!
    Doesn't happen very often I know but Wilson gave away 53(?) points on a snooker yesterday tbf so it's maybe not as daft as it first seems. 
    Doesn't happen very often I know but Wilson gave away 53(?) points on a snooker yesterday tbf so it's maybe not as daft as it first seems. 
    Fair point, Wilson hitting the black 7 times was pretty crazy to be fair! Can’t remember many biggest scores just from getting out of a snooker 
    Fair point, Wilson hitting the black 7 times was pretty crazy to be fair! Can’t remember many biggest scores just from getting out of a snooker 
    Yep, definitely an exception for sure. 
  • Wilson v Murphy 12-12 after the morning session, match resumes at 19.00 this evening.
  • great fightback from Murphy .. has Wilson shot his bolt ? .. Bingham is looking more relaxed and confident than Selby
  • great fightback from Murphy .. has Wilson shot his bolt ? .. Bingham is looking more relaxed and confident than Selby
    I don't think I've ever seen Selby relaxed, or in that fact happy. Jester from Leicester, give me a break. 
  • Two really good semi finals.

Rooting for Bingham, and I half want Murphy to win now after the comeback, but it would be nice to see a first time winner, means more, so still hoping for Wilson to win the whole thing.
  • Two really good semi finals.

Rooting for Bingham, and I half want Murphy to win now after the comeback, but it would be nice to see a first time winner, means more, so still hoping for Wilson to win the whole thing.
    for me i hope Wilson goes through but it makes for a good semi final. 
  • Bingham/Murphy would probably be the most entertaining final match up 
  • Sponsored links:

• Murphy really impressing. 14-12 up.
  • I really hope Bingham can win the last two.

Selby is obviously a fantastic player but hate how he can drag games out.
  • Six frames in a row for Murphy to be 15-12. Some great snooker...
  • 99% pot success.  That's amazing. 
  • Murphy has been superb - one frame to win.Potting everything...
  • Yeah, gotta hand it to Murphy, he's playing way better than I thought he ever could again. Seeing everything like a beach ball at the moment. 
  • Brilliant from Murphy. Rooting for him to win the final. 
  • cafctom said:
    Brilliant from Murphy. Rooting for him to win the final. 
    He has been really impressive - would love him to win.
  • edited May 2021
    cafctom said:
    I'd can see him winning as he generally plays good exciting snooker as well as some very loose snooker .. BUT, I had a few quid on Selby at the start of the tournament .. SOOO it's Selby for me after a very good final.
    AND Bingham and that twat of a BBC interviewer Walker are out of order suggesting that Selby indulges in gamesmanship (a k a cheating)  .. Bingham, you should be better than that and Walker as a commentator is fecking useless
  • cafctom said:
    I'd can see him winning as he generally plays good exciting snooker as well as some very loose snooker .. BUT, I had a few quid on Selby at the start of the tournament .. SOOO it's Selby for me after a very good final.
    AND Bingham and that twat of a BBC interviewer Walker are out of order suggesting that Selby indulges in gamesmanship (a k a cheating)  .. Bingham, you should be better than that and Walker as a commentator is fecking useless
    A very poor interview - didn't do Bingham any favours.

Hard to call the final - should be a good watch. Murphy has been potting beautifully but how will he cope with the safety play of Selby?