Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snooker updates

Comments

• Monday results

Stuart Bingham 13 Jamie Jones 6
    Judd Trump 13 David Gilbert 8
    Mark Selby 13 Mark Allen 7
    Shaun Murphy 13 Yan Bingtao 7

Tuesday April 27
    Quarter-finals - best of 25 frames
    Morning session 10.00 BST

• Anthony McGill v Stuart Bingham
    • Neil Robertson v Kyren Wilson

Afternoon session 14.30

• Mark Williams v Mark Selby
    • Shaun Murphy v Judd Trump

Evening session 19.00 

• Anthony McGill v Stuart Bingham
    • Neil Robertson v Kyren Wilson

Tuesday 27 April

Live coverage - Quarter-Finals

10:00-12:15, 13:00-18:00 & 19:00-20:00 - BBC Two

20:00-22:00 - BBC Four

10:00-14:00, 14:30-18:00 & 19:00-22:30 - BBC Red Button and BBC Sport website & mobile app

Highlights

23:30-00:20 - BBC Two (00:30-01:20 BBC Two NI)

03:30-04:20, 06:20-07:10 & 09:10-10:00 - BBC Red Button (repeat)

World Championship Extra

00:20-02:20 - BBC Two (01:20-02:20 BBC Two NI)

04:20-06:20 & 07:10-09:10 - BBC Red Button (repeat)

Live on Eurosport from 10.00

• Murphy looked in good form yesterday - should be a great game against Trump.
    Trump will bash him up, i can only really see Trump losing to either Robbo/Wilson or Selby. would be a bit of a shock for me Murphy winning, although he is capable. 

Even at this stage its so tough to call a winner, Trump is the man to beat and world number one. Selby playing his best snooker and is going to be tough to beat. Robbo looking decent, Mcgill the Ronnie slayer can he carry on the momentum or will it be hard to lift himself back to the same performance. Wilson is playing well and solid but has Robbo, probably the only reasonable value left tbf, i got at 16/1 pre tourney, he is still 14/1 and will win it one year. Murphy / Bingham/ Willo , all previous winners and playing well. Great to see it so open, although i was a little disappointed the last round was alot of one sided affairs.
    I expect Trump to win but Murphy looked really sharp yesterday and I hope he'll make a game of it - needs a good start.
  • edited April 2021
    Murphy looked in good form yesterday - should be a great game against Trump.
    Trump will bash him up, i can only really see Trump losing to either Robbo/Wilson or Selby. would be a bit of a shock for me Murphy winning, although he is capable. 

Even at this stage its so tough to call a winner, Trump is the man to beat and world number one. Selby playing his best snooker and is going to be tough to beat. Robbo looking decent, Mcgill the Ronnie slayer can he carry on the momentum or will it be hard to lift himself back to the same performance. Wilson is playing well and solid but has Robbo, probably the only reasonable value left tbf, i got at 16/1 pre tourney, he is still 14/1 and will win it one year. Murphy / Bingham/ Willo , all previous winners and playing well. Great to see it so open, although i was a little disappointed the last round was alot of one sided affairs.
    I expect Trump to win but Murphy looked really sharp yesterday and I hope he'll make a game of it - needs a good start.
    Yeah sorry, my phrase bash him is probably a bit extreme. I do think it would be quite a shock, but he is playing well and Trump hasn't looked as on his A game as some of the others, its not impossible but i just expect Trump to go through the gears each round getting better. I hope not as Robbo or Wilson win me money :D
  • 4-4 Trump v Murphy. Very evenly matched and not a great deal of safety play.
  • 4-4 Trump v Murphy. Very evenly matched and not a great deal of safety play.
    Not quite like Selby v Williams, 6-2, i have been watching Judd v Murphy been decent but apparently the other game Selby has been flawless had 99% pot success at 6-1 
  • McGill v Bingham and Robertson v Wilson are both great match ups. Both look like going to the wire.

McGill particularly looks well up for it in the last few frames. 
  • Spooky….

Closest I'll ever get to it. 
  • This morning is not one to miss, the final session for Robbo v Wilson, high quality and could go either way poised at 8-8 i am looking forward to it. The battle of my outrights! 

I predict 13-11 Robbo
  • Wednesday April 28
    Quarter-finals - best of 25 frames
    Morning session 10.00 

• Mark Williams 2 Mark Selby 6
    • Neil Robertson 8 Kyren Wilson 8

Afternoon session 14.30

• Anthony McGill 9 Stuart Bingham 7
    • Shaun Murphy 4 Judd Trump 4

Evening session 19.00 

• Mark Williams v Mark Selby 
    • Shaun Murphy v Judd Trump 

Live coverage - Quarter-Finals

10:00-11:15, 13:00-18:00 & 19:00-20:00 - BBC Two

20:00-22:00 - BBC Four

10:00-14:00, 14:30-18:00 & 19:00-22:30 - BBC Red Button and BBC Sport website & mobile app

Highlights

03:40-04:30, 06:30-07:20, 09:20-10:10 & 12:10-13:00 - BBC Red Button (repeat)

World Championship Extra

00:20-02:20 - BBC Two (01:20-02:20 BBC Two NI)

04:30-06:30, 07:20-09:20 & 10:10-12:10 - BBC Red Button (repeat)

Live on Eurosport from 10.00

• Sponsored links:

• This morning is not one to miss, the final session for Robbo v Wilson, high quality and could go either way poised at 8-8 i am looking forward to it. The battle of my outrights! 

I predict 13-11 Robbo
    No drama, Wilson took him apart. Bit of a surprise but Wilson loves the Crucible. 

I predict 13-11 Robbo
    No drama, Wilson took him apart. Bit of a surprise but Wilson loves the Crucible. 
    Agreed, Wilson was just too good and felt like Robbo was unsettled. Partly due to Wilsons performance? or as people are raising questions is it the crucible factor? A big shame, although i had both anyway but would love to see Robbo win another. 

Bit of a shock in the manner of the win from 8-8 not the result as i thought it was going to be tough to call anyone who got into the swing of things , well played Wilson think he could potentially cause a problem for Selby, Trump/ Murphy 
  • Murphy closes the game out and continues his good form - Trump not able to keep up.
  • Results

QUARTER-FINALS

• Anthony McGill 12-13 Stuart Bingham
    • Mark Williams 3-13 Mark Selby
    • Neil Robertson 8-13 Kyren Wilson
    • Shaun Murphy 13-11 Judd Trump

Thursday April 29
    Semi-finals - best of 33 frames
    Afternoon session 13.00 

• Stuart Bingham v Mark Selby

Evening session (19.00 BST)

• Kyren Wilson v Shaun Murphy

Live coverage - Semi-Finals

13:00-18:00 & 19:00-20:00 - BBC Two

20:00-22:30 - BBC Four

13:00-18:00 & 19:00-22:30 - BBC Red Button and BBC Sport website & mobile app

Highlights

01:45-10:00 - BBC Red Button (repeat)

Live on Eurosport from 13.00

• edited April 2021
    Is it me or is it a bit of an anticlimax, following the line up from the quarters it seems possibly one of the worst line ups. No disrespect as they are all class left still, just Trump/ Robbo going out, Selby hot fave now. Murphy looking good, Wilson we know can win, Bingham the outsider but he's been there. 

Its still interesting and i will keep following just felt like the semi line up could have been a bit more exciting on paper, fingers crossed we still have a couple of close fought games. 

Half rooting for Selby (even though i should have bet early on like i said) the other half Wilson for betting reasons. Murphy the least i want to win, just really dont like him, its not often i root for Trump but i was last night.
  • My preferred winning order is

Selby
    Wilson/Bingham
  • MrOneLung said:
    My preferred winning order is

Selby
    Wilson/Bingham
    I have to admit, i never used to be a fan of Selby, but i do feel he gets alot of stick. He is a purist and he can score as well as the best of them, maybe even more clinical than most. Great player, anyone who is a multiple world champ has to be. Would be more than happy for him to make it 4, as long as he doesn't overtake Ronnie lol 
  • Lets have a predict off for the Semis... winner gets sweet FA :wink:

Bingham 11 v 17 Selby

Wilson 17 v 13 Murphy
  • Based on the matches I've seen so far Selby is going to take some beating, I make him a big favourite to win it now. 
  • My preferred winning order is

Selby
    Wilson/Bingham
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone but Selby. Hopefully Wilson wins, if not Murphy
  • Murphy comes across as such a decent chap whenever he’s interviewed.
  • Prediction
    Bingham 15 Selby 17
    Wilson 17 Murphy 12
  • I'd like it to be, and think it will be, Wilson v Selby in the final. I don't think you can argue that's not a decent/worthy pairing for the final. 

After that I hope Wilson gets the win he deserves after his efforts last year alone tbh. 
  • I really like Murphy and would like him to win. Selby has to be the favourite.
  • I'd like Wilson to win, or Murphy, but can't see past Selby in the form he's in.
  • Selby went 3-1 up first mini session, Bingham wins 3-1 next to finish 4-4, Selby knicked the last and looked unusually out of sorts. It could easily have been 6-2 to Ballrun here so this will feel like a win when hes top break was 40ish, Bingham looked very good but in typical fashion still comes out tieing the session. 
  • I loathe Murphy and not even sure what it is that I dislike so much. 

Only match fixer John Higgins is below him for me. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    I loathe Murphy and not even sure what it is that I dislike so much. 

Only match fixer John Higgins is below him for me. 
    he looks like a giant baby but apart from that i'm kinda indifferent to him. 
  • Wilson's on fire. That final frame was amazing.