Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options

Wide open one this, Shaun Murphy / Trump probably have the best chance but could be anyone.

After Trump struggled yesterday and Allen left.
    after the poor season he has had so far i decided this was gonna kick him on and put a few quid on Selby at 10/3

Really fearful for his chances to retain the world title now.
    Unlucky mate, Yeah he has been out of form this season, very unlike him. You would hope he gets back to form in Worlds, he is the man to beat still and is so far ahead on the rankings. Hoping he doesn't decline down the rankings as i feel he doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Hard one to call these days snooker.
  • Options
    Germas Masters
    Round 2 results

Ding Junhui 5-2 Ricky Walden
    Judd Trump 5-3 Joe Perry
    Jimmy Robertson 5-3 Gary Wilson
    Mark Williams 5-2 Matt Selt
    Ryan Day 5-4 Mark Davis
    Graeme Dott 5-4 Mei Xiwen
    Shaun Murphy 5-1 Mark Joyce
    Xiao Guodong 5-2 Liang Wenbo
  • Options
    German Masters
    Quarter finals

Jimmy Robertson (37) v Mark Williams (10)
    Ding Junhui (4) v Judd Trump (3)

Ryan Day (17) v Shaun Murphy (6)
    Graeme Dott (28) v Xiao Guodong (30)
  • Options
    What date are the Top 16 seeds decided on for this years World Champs?

I really fancy Murphy to win it this year but just can’t make myself back him.
    Made a great clearance to win 4th frame this afternoon and in interviews after he just seemed like he was in a really nice and relaxed place.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

What date are the Top 16 seeds decided on for this years World Champs?

I really fancy Murphy to win it this year but just can’t make myself back him.
    Made a great clearance to win 4th frame this afternoon and in interviews after he just seemed like he was in a really nice and relaxed place.

Seedings cut off
    April 8th after China Open
  • Options
    German Masters
    Quarter finals

Mark Williams 5-3 Jimmy Robertson
    Judd Trump 5-3 Ding Junhi
    Shaun Murphy 5-4 Ryan Day
    Graeme Dott 5-4 Xiao Guodong

Semi finals
    Mark Williams (10) v Judd Trump (3)
    Shaun Murphy (6) v Graeme Dott (28)
  • Options
    I should point out with no O'Sullivan and no Higgins there is a side note

Should Trump win he goes to 2nd in the world
    Should Murphy win he will be 5th
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Murphy is 28/1 for the worlds.

Gonna have to have a little bet on the smug faced git at those odds.
    Just so that a part of me doesn’t die each time he gets through a round.

Knowing my luck he will lose in the final to Higgins.
  • Options
    German Masters
    Semi Final 1

Graeme Dott 6-4 Shaun Murphy @MrOneLung

The 40 year old Scot is in his 1st ranking final since losing the 2010 World Championship

Will it be Trump or Williams he meets in the final
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    German Masters
    Semi Final 2

Mark Williams 6-1 Judd Trump

So the Trump v Murphy final that everyone expected at the start of the day has ended with a Dott V Williams final

Mark Williams already has his place at The Champion of Champions in November, but if Dott wins he will be there.

Mark Williams has previously been in 2 German Masters finals
    1998-he lost in the final to John Parrott
    2011-the first year it returned to the tour he beat Selby in the final
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    German Masters Final
    Mark Williams (10) v Graeme Dott (28)

First season is 13.00 tomorrow
  • Options
    End of session 1 and this final is pretty much finished

Dott won the 2nd frame but thats as good as it got for him

German Masters Final
    Session 1

Mark Williams 7-1 Graeme Dott
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    MARK WILLIAMS IS GERMAN MASTERS CHAMPION

German Masters
    Final

Mark Williams 9-1 Graeme Dott
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    The next tournement is The Snooket Shootout which starts Thursday at midday

LIVE ON ITV 4

wide open this,
    Not only because its the shootout which is normally open anyway
    Past winners
    2011-Nigel Bond
    2012-Barry Hawkins
    2013-Martin Gould
    2014-Dominic Dale
    2015-Michael White
    2016-Robin Hull
    2017-Anthony McGill

But also a number of top 16 players are not playing

Selby
    O'Sullivan
    Trump
    Ding
    Higgins
    Robertson
    Fu
    Will all not play.
  • Options
    Stupid format.
  • Options

Stupid format.

Why???

Personally as a 1 of I think it is good.
    Its popular and makes a change.

Players like it as crowd gets involved and fans like it because matches are shorter and players dont take it to seriously.
  • Options
    I've seen games won with about thirty points or even less. I don't think it adds anything to the game and given the list of dropouts the top players would appear to agree.
  • Options
    @MrOneLung @johnnybev1987 @Addickted2TheReds +other snooker fans(these 3 are regular posters on this thread so i know they will have a comment)

Whats your opinion
    Agree with me that its a good thing to watch and makes a change for 1 tournement a year(4 days in total)

Or agee with @LawrieAbrahams
  • Options
    Typical of Ronnie O'Sullivan. He's been bleating on about finding ways to make snooker more exciting & getting the crowd more involved for years, then chooses not to play in the most exciting & crowd interactive tournament of the year, probably because there's not enough money in it for his liking. Twat!
  • Options

@MrOneLung @johnnybev1987 @Addickted2TheReds +other snooker fans(these 3 are regular posters on this thread so i know they will have a comment)

Whats your opinion
    Agree with me that its a good thing to watch and makes a change for 1 tournement a year(4 days in total)

Or agee with @LawrieAbrahams

I don't mind it, quite fun and entertaining to watch. I dont like that fact its a ranking event and because of it last year Mcgill got in the top 16 and someone had to qualify for the Worlds(IIRC). 100% should not be ranked as its a completely different format, but its still ok to have as something lighthearted with the crowd getting more involved.

Typical of Ronnie O'Sullivan. He's been bleating on about finding ways to make snooker more exciting & getting the crowd more involved for years, then chooses not to play in the most exciting & crowd interactive tournament of the year, probably because there's not enough money in it for his liking. Twat!

I don't think Ronnie is a big fan of it tbh, probably down to the prize fund probably not worth his time. I find it hard to criticise him for not playing when so many of the top players have swerved it, will be a good one to see some of the lower ranked players on TV for a change.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don’t mind the tournament but strip the ranking points.

How many people would have picked Nigel Bond to win the first tournament!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    The Chinese players really stick together
    All having lunch today before heading to Watford for tomorrow

• Options
    Hossein Vafaei, Aditya Mehta, Sam Craigie and Matthew Bolton withdrew from this event on Tuesday and have been replaced with a straight swap in the draw with the next highest ranked available players on the Q School top up list, being Wayne Brown, Lewis Roberts, Kuldesh Johal and Oliver Brown.

Vafaei was a Visa issue AGAIN

Other 3 were medical reasons
  • Options
    One of my friends from pool knows Phil O Kane, he was offered a place in the shootout but as he didn't reply (didn't see) within 3 hours he lost out on his place. How gutting is that for any aspiring pro to have a chance to play on TV, potentially bit of prize money.
  • Options

One of my friends from pool knows Phil O Kane, he was offered a place in the shootout but as he didn't reply (didn't see) within 3 hours he lost out on his place. How gutting is that for any aspiring pro to have a chance to play on TV, potentially bit of prize money.

Was this on Tuesday.

If I remember correctly Phil lost at Q school 2, so I would imagine he was asked on Tuesday when the 4 players dropped out.

If so World Snooker were on a timescale to replace the players before the deadline.
  • Options
    Day 1 of Snooker Shootout
    Coverage starts on ITV 4 now
    Interesting 1st match
    Anthony McGill(defending champion) v Mark Davis
  • Options
    Defending Champion out already
    Mark Davis 103(102 Break)-0 Anthony McGill
  • Options
    4 matches and 4 outsiders win si far
    Davis beat McGill
    Alex Davies beat Mark Joyce
    Ross Valance beat Alan McManus
    Duane Jones beat Ben Woollaston

Neither Alex Davies or Ross Valance are in the top 128(both lost in Q School last year so 2 good wins for them)
  • Options
    Any betting on this paulie for you? someone suggested Mark King @ 50/1 is decent value, i haven't looked yet. Will watch some tonight though and probably record it all to skip through on a rainy day :)

Re: Kane, my friend found out yesterday thought it was yesterday morning they were trying to get the response. No-ones thought really just one of those things, would be nice to see him get a spot via one of the Q schools
  • Options

Any betting on this paulie for you? someone suggested Mark King @ 50/1 is decent value, i haven't looked yet. Will watch some tonight though and probably record it all to skip through on a rainy day :)

Re: Kane, my friend found out yesterday thought it was yesterday morning they were trying to get the response. No-ones thought really just one of those things, would be nice to see him get a spot via one of the Q schools

Betting is a no go.
    As i said the opening 4 matches won by the lower ranked player
    Maybe Bingtao or Lisowski could do it IMO

Would love to see Stevens win he needs something to restart his career