Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    What you up to @paulie8290 ?

See Ronnie has said he is too old to win another World Championship- would be oldest winner since Ray Reardon !

Keep posting mate, just don’t react to others posts and have a little read of your posts before clicking on post comment.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

What you up to @paulie8290 ?

See Ronnie has said he is too old to win another World Championship- would be oldest winner since Ray Reardon !

Keep posting mate, just don’t react to others posts and have a little read of your posts before clicking on post comment.

+1 come back @paulie8290 hope you are well pal.
  • Options
    My selected highlights:

Wilson won 4-1 vs Milkman - Missed 14th Black on the way to a max
    Murphy lost 4-0 to Gerrard Greene (proper journeyman has been around forever and rarely wins)
    No other real shocks
    2nd round starts today
    Ronnie vs Dott today 1pm
    Bingham vs Jackson Page 4pm
    Rory Macleod still in for the purists, loves a slow game thankfully wont be anywhere near the tv tables.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Yesterdays highlights:
    Selby lost 4-3 to Liang Wenbo a match that finished at 3am according to the results
    Burns beat Neil Robertson 4-3 (99 seed vs 12)
    Bingham beat young Jackson Page 4-2, Bingham is 1st seed in this tourney as he won it last year, he was banned 3 months and has only just been allowed to enter again.
    Ronnie smashed Dott 4-0, potential banana skin
    Trump went out 4-1 to Thailands Noppon Saengkham
    Ding lost 4-1 to Liam Highfield

Quite a few lower ranked players still in it.

Todays matches are a bit dull imo, but i think there are a couple of rounds today so first set nothing really stands out. Ronnie has David Grace @1pm for the fans.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Just gonna put last 16 results then go into a bit more details for certain players.

Yan Bingtao 4-2 Matthew Stevens
    Barry Hawkins 4-2 Martin Gould
    Ian Burns 4-3 Liam Highfield
    Noppon Saengkham 4-0 Kyren Wilson
    Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-0 Mike Dunn
    John Higgins 4-0 Nigel Bond
    Gary Wilson 4-2 John Astley
    Yu Delu 4-1 Liang Wenbo

Quarter Final Lineup

Yan Bingtao v Barry Hawkins
    Ian Burns v Noppon Saengkham
    Ronnie O'Sullivan v John Higgins
    Gary Wilson v Yu Delu
  • Options
    Ronnie O'Sullivan- won both his matches 4-0 currently on a run of 15 frames in a row and people are talking about him catching Stephen Lee's record of 25 frames in a row.

Mark Selby-Looked good in his first match, had a few issues which I fully agree with, world number 1 and not on main table forced to play late at night(his last match against Wenbo started at 22:10 and didnt finish until around 1:30 am) think that got to him in his lose to Wenbo.

Neil Robertson- brilliant performace this tournement still have no idea how he lost 3 centuries 99% pot sucess missed 1 geeen and lost 4-3.

Mark Williams- had a few off table issues with Darren Morgan and had a 73 minute frame last night just about got through that match but think it caught up with him today.

Matthew Stevens- unlucky to lose tonight, looked very good would love to see him win anothet event soon.

Ian Burns and Saengkham have both had great tournements and Saengkham was close to a 147 missing a tough yellow.

Yan Bingtao-will win an event so or later, wouldnt be surprised if its on Sunday.

Nothing can be said about Ding or Judd both looked 2nd rate

Mark Selby had the high break with a 143 in his 1st round match but that was beaten by Higgins getting a 144 tonight
  • Options
    Great to see you back Paulie! lovely updates as ever, Social media was saying Stephen Lee once got 33 frames in a row so Ronnie still has some way to go, playing higgins today would be tough to whitewash today too.
  • Options
    Gutted I have to write this not

RONNIE O'SULLIVAN IS OUT
  • Options
    Welsh Open Quarter Final results

Noppon Saengkham 5-3 Ian Burns
    Barry Hawkins 5-1 Yan Bingtao
    John Higgins 5-1 Ronnie O'Sullivan (Hahaha)
    Gary Wilson 5-2 Yu Delu

Semi Final Lineup
    Noppon Saengkham (58) v Barry Hawkins (8)
    John Higgins (5) v Gary Wilson (51)

Barry Hawkins my pick to win now.
    After missing out on the Grand Prix last week he looks hungry
  • Options
    Great to have you back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

RONNIE O'SULLIVAN IS OUT

Flag! i am a big Ronnie fan, didn't show up yesterday. Higgins proper done a number on him and played well.
  • Options

RONNIE O'SULLIVAN IS OUT

Flag! i am a big Ronnie fan, didn't show up yesterday. Higgins proper done a number on him and played well.
    Once again proving what I always say.

He went 2-1 behind
    Had chances in the 4th but got annoyed and played a few lose shoots and went 3-1 behind.

After mid session he looked like he just couldnt be bothered, had no fight.

He was beaten by his head(also Higgins played well) but as I have said on many occassions and why I dont think he will win another world title.
    He is fine we he can whip it out 4-0 in an hour but over a longer period he will struggle, as soon as hid heas goes he can lose a few frames then there is a interval and he just canr be bothered.

Yes he won last week but again IMO winning last week then straight into another event I think played a part and with the crucible over 3 weeks long then its another reason he wont win
  • Options

RONNIE O'SULLIVAN IS OUT

Once again proving what I always say.

He went 2-1 behind
    Had chances in the 4th but got annoyed and played a few lose shoots and went 3-1 behind.

After mid session he looked like he just couldnt be bothered, had no fight.

He was beaten by his head(also Higgins played well) but as I have said on many occassions and why I dont think he will win another world title.
    He is fine we he can whip it out 4-0 in an hour but over a longer period he will struggle, as soon as hid heas goes he can lose a few frames then there is a interval and he just canr be bothered.

Yes he won last week but again IMO winning last week then straight into another event I think played a part and with the crucible over 3 weeks long then its another reason he wont win
    I tend to agree. Early on in matches he has looked vulnerable, even in the final v Ding last week, but if the other player doesn't make the most of it then Ronnie will win. Once he gets in front he is impossible to stop.
    I think the world championship is wide open though. Selby isn't playing well but he may come good for Sheffield. O'Sullivan can win, so can Higgins, Williams and a few others.
  • Options
    Ill still back ROS for the world, aside from losing to higgins in a short format he has been on top form recently. I get what people are saying if people come at him early on he doesn't always fight back but who does? Still think if it was the worlds this week and he went 4/5-1 down against Higgins it would be a different matter. He has a huge incentive to get another Worlds, these other tourneys although are ok for most its not what he is driven for.

This years Worlds he will have best chance for a while with Selby misfiring but i do feel he has a great chance and has it in him still. Maybe thats me being a fanboy but we shall see....
  • Options
    Didn't really watch much of yesterdays games, flicked over to check scores but lost interest when ROS goes out. Not looking forward to when he retires, some good upcoming players like Bingtao and standard is very good just wont be the same for me.

Higgins v Hawkins in the final today, Hawkins needs to win to get in the players championship, hope he does. used to like Higgins but find him pretty boring now and dont really like him anymore.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Interesting opening frame bit of nerves fro bith players, but hawkins win it on the black

John Higgins 0-1 Barry Hawkins
  • Options
    Higgins took 2nd frame with a 138
    Then took a 68-0 lead in the 3rd before missing and Hawkins stole it on the black again

John Higgins 1-2 Barry Hawkins
  • Options
    A 141 for Higgins makes it 2-2 at the mid session.

A fair scoreline would have been 4-0
  • Options
    Hawkins comes out and wins the opening 2 frames including a 130 in the 6th

Higgins 2-4 Hawkins

2 more frames this afternoon
  • Options
    First session over 4-4

Higgins will be the happier as he stole the 7th
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Come on Hawkins.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Come on Hawkins.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Come on Hawkins.

Personal opinon he has lost his chance.

4-2 up with a chance to make it 5-2 missed a red, frame stolen by higgins and then it goes 4-4

Fully expecting higgins to come out and win 9-6 or 9-7 tonight
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Come on Hawkins.

4-2 up with a chance to make it 5-2 missed a red, frame stolen by higgins and then it goes 4-4

I haven't been watching it. Darts and football for me today do love a Sunday. 0-0 anyone's from here and im sure Hawkins would have taken 4-4 at the start. Might watch later although higgins can be frustrating to watch sometimes.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Come on Hawkins.

I haven't been watching it. Darts and football for me today do love a Sunday. 0-0 anyone's from here and im sure Hawkins would have taken 4-4 at the start. Might watch later although higgins can be frustrating to watch sometimes.
    The best thing about the match so far was O'Sullivan who has done nothing but moan about Selby's game the last few years pay him 2 compliments.

At 4-3 down Higgins was 58 points up and a safety battle and Ronnie said "this is where it would be great to have Selby in your corner he knows how to close a frame out"

Then about 5 minutes later Ronnie was talking about a doubles tournement he would like to see and said if it was ever done he would have Selby on his team.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Come on Hawkins.

The best thing about the match so far was O'Sullivan who has done nothing but moan about Selby's game the last few years pay him 2 compliments.

At 4-3 down Higgins was 58 points up and a safety battle and Ronnie said "this is where it would be great to have Selby in your corner he knows how to close a frame out"

Then about 5 minutes later Ronnie was talking about a doubles tournement he would like to see and said if it was ever done he would have Selby on his team.
    For the last few months he has been saying how selby is one of the greats. He certainly does respect him, also heard he would like to be in doubles with him. Selby has alot of haters with fans but he is a class act and knows how to win, You dont win 3 out of last 4 world championships unless you are world class.
  • Options
    Match over

Higgins won the first frame of the evening session.

Hawkins in a great position in the 2nd and lost it higgins now won 4 in a row.

John Higgins 6-4
  • Options
    Well I never back to back centuries for Hawkins

Mid session interval
    John Higgins 6-6 Barry Hawkins
  • Options
    Hawkins in 1st and misses Higgins goes 7-6 ahead
  • Options
    Hawkins in first again
    Misses pink to the middle and leaves Higgins a good chance to go 2 up with 3 to play which would end hawkins chance