Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    So the Champion of Champions starts tomorrow live on ITV

Monday
    Afternoon Session

Neil Robertson v Martin Gould
    Shaun Murphy v Reanne Evans

Winners meet in the evening

Tuesday
    Afternoon Session

Mark Selby v Yan Bingtao
    Mark Allen v Matt Selt

Wednesday
    Afternoon Session

Judd Trump v Stephen Maguire
    Kyren Wilson v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh

Thursday
    Afternoon Session

Ronnie O'Sullivan V Jimmy White
    John Higgins v Stuart Bingham
  • Options
    Personally still dont agree with Jimmy White being there but it is what it is
  • Options
    Anyone??

Hell yes! I tried to step up in your absence, but I am not on your level for updates mate. I have also been keeping an eye on the snooker still, Well done Un-nooh making the final and Trump saved his best for the last, he wasn't particularly playing that well through the whole tourney. Ronnie out early, a decent run by Holt so still a lot of interest. COC this week you have Jimmy White vs Ronnie.
  • Options
    Personally still dont agree with Jimmy White being there but it is what it is

I agree mate, its a bit funny he is in it. Also Reanne, its kind of good she is in it but a bit pointless really as she can't really compete with the top boys. If she was good enough to cause an upset maybe, but she doesn't get through round 1 in the ones she has gone into. On another view of that, we have someone who plays pool in Kent for the ladies, but clearly would be good enough for the A team, or B at worst but its restricted as we have a ladies team also. Personally if they are good enough there should be no restrictions.
  • Options
    With Jimmy White it was fixed.

The World Seniors winner has never been invited before, and before the event it was still not mentioned, Jimmy White wins it and suddenly the next day, oh and for winning the World Seniors Jimmy has now been invited to the Champion of Champions.

Were was Peter Lines invitation when he won and others
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Also agree with your point with Reanne, she was in all 3 Q schools and lost in Round 1 twice and Round 2 once, 

In the 6 reds she lost all 3 group matches.

I have always said Snooker is a sport where its obviously not physical, so no reason why both men and women cant compete against each other, but Reanne is supposed to be the best womens player and yet as soon as she comes up against men she falls apart
  • Options
    Fantastic clearance from Robertson in the 3rd frame to lead 3-0
  • Options
    Champion of Champions
    Group 1
    Result

Neil Robertson 4-0 Martin Gould
  • Options
    Loving listening to the commentators for this match, trying so hard not to be critical of Evans haha, every time she misses or something goes wrong, they just say she is unlucky haha.

She has potted the cueball 5 times in the opening 2 frames and every time they say how unlucky she is, if it was Murphy who did they they would be saying things like the pockets are always there and things like that 
  • Options
    Loving listening to the commentators for this match, trying so hard not to be critical of Evans haha, every time she misses or something goes wrong, they just say she is unlucky haha.

She has potted the cueball 5 times in the opening 2 frames and every time they say how unlucky she is, if it was Murphy who did they they would be saying things like the pockets are always there and things like that 

I follow a feminist on twitter, who loves her snooker. She did just post about how great it is she is in the COC, I did write a response but I just didn't bother in the end as I know it will just go back and forth even though my main point is she is not up to the standard to play in these events. Although good exposure for the ladies its also negative as people will know someone else deserves a shot who would have a chance, if it was as shootout 1 frame that's different but a proper race to 4 no chance!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I follow a feminist on twitter, who loves her snooker. She did just post about how great it is she is in the COC, I did write a response but I just didn't bother in the end as I know it will just go back and forth even though my main point is she is not up to the standard to play in these events. Although good exposure for the ladies its also negative as people will know someone else deserves a shot who would have a chance, if it was as shootout 1 frame that's different but a proper race to 4 no chance!
    1 break over 30(which was 34) so far by Evans tells you all you need to know, again nothing physical in this sport, just not good enough
  • Options
    Saying that after a number of mistakes by Murphy she has just won her first frame, so she won more than Gould won haha
  • Options
    3-2 now
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    knocked in a 51 and playing a lot better now, I switched over 3-1 and accept she has raised her game and doing well. This would still be a major shock but good effort so far.
  • Options
    3-3 and we are into a decider somehow

From 3-0 up Murphy must be wondering how he isnt resting ahead of the final at 7pm 
  • Options
    Probably taken a bung - looks the sort !
  • Options
    Champion of Champions
    Group 1
    Result

Shaun Murphy 4-3 Reanne Evans
  • Options
    Neil Robertson v Shaun Murphy at 7PM
  • Options
    Champion of Champions
    Group 1
    Result

Neil Robertson 6-5 Shaun Murphy
  • Options
    Champion of Champions
    Group 2
    Result

Mark Selby 4-0 Yan Bingtao
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Champion of Champions
    Group 1
    Result

Neil Robertson 6-5 Shaun Murphy
    wish I could like this more than once
  • Options
    Champion of Champions
    Group 2
    Result

Mark Allen 4-2 Matt Selt
  • Options
    Mark Selby v Mark Allen at 7pm on ITV 4
  • Options
    Champion of Champions
    Group 2
    Result

Mark Allen 6-2 Mark Selby
  • Options
    Champion of Champions
    Group 3
    Result

Judd Trump 4-0 Stephen Maguire

Stephen Maguire BTW was playing with his foot in a protective boot having fractured his ankle
  • Options

I thought Ronnie was today :(

Hard to follow when the early games are during work, although I can occasionally watch on my phone. The evenings I've been busy, so I appreciate the updates again @paulie8290 hope you are well bud.

• Options

I thought Ronnie was today :(

Hard to follow when the early games are during work, although I can occasionally watch on my phone. The evenings I've been busy, so I appreciate the updates again @paulie8290 hope you are well bud.

No Ronnie v Jimmy is 1st up tomorrow
  • Options
    Champion of Champions
    Group 3
    Result

Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 4-3 Kyren Wilson
  • Options
    So Judd Trump meets Thepchaiya Un-Nooh at 7pm 

A repeat of the World Open Final from 3 days ago
  • Options
    Champion of Champions
    Group 3