Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FFP - QPR to face £60m fine?

2»

Comments

• Options

I wonder how much FFP will be enforced - depend on the club?

Agree

• Options
    edited February 2014
    To be honest, I don't think fining these clubs who have enough money to flaunt these rules makes a difference. Think the better system would simply be to deduct points based on how much they're over their limit. 1pt per £1m would make owners realise, no matter how much money they throw at their club, it won't earn them promotion and could actually have the reverse effect...................
  • Options
    Good accountants and lawyers will be able to tear the FFP regs apart I'm afraid.
  • Options
    We have to see how it works next December when accounts are filed. And see the impact on club losses and wages costs.
    100% in favour of lobbying to change the penalties if required once we see how it works first time.
  • Options
    It will be interesting to see how FFP works and whether Charlton staying in with the FFP will be an advantage or FFP gets bogged down in the courts or accountants run rings round it.

If the fine money is to be going to charity, I would prefer it to be redirected to one that looks after the roots of the game for coaching for kids, support for properly run and managed football leagues including enforcing proper behaviour and making a safe enviornment with improved facilities and changing rooms.

The links from Razil make interesting reading.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/latest-news/fair-play-tax-in-championship-to-go-to-charity

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2508505/QPR-face-record-fine-losing-80million.html

Something to keep in mind for the current goings on at the Valley.
  • Options
    I think the money should be redistributed to the other clubs in the league. After all it is they who have suffered as a consequence of it.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

I think the money should be redistributed to the other clubs in the league. After all it is they who have suffered as a consequence of it.

Exactly - they are the ones who may have missed out on players lured by higher offers; they have finished lower because overspending teams are winning more. And these clubs miss out on hopes of the play-offs because they are taken by overspenders and teams with parachute payments.
    That's why the rules and penalties have to be reviewed once it is clear what the impact is in the first season.
    At least the overspending limits are reducing which suits CAFC right now