Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Question for the Gamers out there

Comments

• Options
    I sold my PS3 over 18 months ago due to it taking up too much time. They will be practically giving them away after xmas so will grab another while I wait fro PS4 bugs to get sorted and prices drop a bit. If you are a first time gamer id do the same, seems a waste to pump £400 + into a console you may not like/get bored of.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

JohnBoyUK said:

I tried to convince my son that Sensible Soccer was better than FIFA the other day. He wasn't having any of it!

See, that was a proper football game. I used to love Kick Off when it first came out on the Amiga. Sensible Soccer was a huge step up though :)

Kick off was made by company Anco owned by the father of Jints who posts on here. Remember playing Tekken on early version of PS1 that his brother had borrowed and was blown away by the game/graphics.
    Oh cool. I remember that Anco was based in Dartford somewhere.

When Kick Off first came out on the Amiga, that was just like the ultimate football game ever. I used to play it for hours every day with my brother then. Just being able to shoot and score from the centre circle was a thing to behold. We used to have games that were 38 goals to 37 just by shooting from halfway lol. Happy times.

• Options
    PS4 for me all day long. 1 week today cant wait. Fifa 14 and BF4 in the mix.
  • Options
    Thing with sensi was you just
    JohnBoyUK said:

MrOneLung said:

JohnBoyUK said:

I tried to convince my son that Sensible Soccer was better than FIFA the other day. He wasn't having any of it!

See, that was a proper football game. I used to love Kick Off when it first came out on the Amiga. Sensible Soccer was a huge step up though :)

Kick off was made by company Anco owned by the father of Jints who posts on here. Remember playing Tekken on early version of PS1 that his brother had borrowed and was blown away by the game/graphics.

When Kick Off first came out on the Amiga, that was just like the ultimate football game ever. I used to play it for hours every day with my brother then. Just being able to shoot and score from the centre circle was a thing to behold. We used to have games that were 38 goals to 37 just by shooting from halfway lol. Happy times.

Yeah Anco had shop bottom of West Hill and their offices on industrial estate by Unwins.
    His brother was my best man.

After-touch seemed such an amazing thing back then.

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

MrOneLung said:

JohnBoyUK said:

I used to work in the unit next door to them in Victoria industrial estate. At the time I didn't realise they made Kick off.........
  • Options
    what bugs are you lot on about, I got a ps3 the day it came out and it still works now, someone explain
  • Options
    Bit the bullet and bought an Xbox One today,
    Couldn't be arsed with going back to playstation and signing up to a plethora of things when all i have to do for my xbox is redeem my email and im on me way, plus with the intergration it has with windows 8 etc it made the decision for me.
  • Options

what bugs are you lot on about, I got a ps3 the day it came out and it still works now, someone explain

First batch releases of hardware often have hardware issues ....but ur right u r still talking about a very small percentage of actual unita affected in real terms

i am now reminded that my ps1 still works fine and anyone else remember "chipping" it with a pencil and a rubber band so u could play the copied games sold at woolwich market? Ha ha
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    After-touch!! So brilliant, yet bending the ball after you've hit it... so unrealistic. Lobs nearly always went in, and you could save all penalties by holding the button down. Yet still Kick Off was legendary.

Emlyn Hughes, Kick Off, Sensible Soccer, ISS, PES 4 (I think) and Fifa 9 (i think) were the football video-game-changers.

Always problems with launch consoles. I doubt very much there are too many first generation X-Boxes on the go these days! Avoiding the ring of death was a game in itself. Don't remember the PS3 having too many problems, but I think I remember the launch of it being delayed quite a bit in the first place so that might be why. Just a guess though.
  • Options
    Shout out to gazzas super.soccer on the.amiga. was pants but didnt have too much competition at the time!

also i think the snes had one around 1990 where the game was pants but.the penalty shoot out were amazing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've still got my original "thunderbird 2" style PS3 which I bought 6 months after it's release and it's still going strong (although I did have to have a new laser fitted a couple of years back). I also still have my original playstation & PS2, both still work fine last time I checked............
  • Options
    I had a binatone about 77 with original pong game and then the Atari about 1980. Kids today can't comprehend your console was partly made of wood.
  • Options
    My ps2 and 3 both still work as does my snes and game cube

The Wii has been replaced twice and the xbox sold
  • Options
    Im back on the fence and really tempted to purchase a ps4. Any updates from purchasers here on how each machine is running ?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Anyone got a PS4 or Xbox one for Christmas, are they any good?

Also did anyone have installation problems on the Xbox 360 with Battlefield 4 , having trouble getting it to load on my sons xbox 360.

Thanks , MIA.
  • Options
    Had a ps4 for a few weeks but do t get much time to play annoyingly! Got assassins creed waiting for a blast but waiting for mum in law to go to bed first
  • Options

Also did anyone have installation problems on the PS3 with Battlefield 4 , having trouble getting it to load on my sons xbox 360

Thanks , MIA.

You're having trouble loading a PS3 game on an Xbox?

I'm not surprised!

• Options

Anyone got a PS4 or Xbox one for Christmas, are they any good?

Im hearing the games will not be fully next gen for another 6 months, I still want one now :) but it helps with the thought of waiting.

• Options
    Sorry Wss , too much Christmas spirit!

Its an xbox 360 game , and a xbox 360 console!
  • Options
    I've got BF4 on the 360 and it's been fine on mine. Probably don't help you much!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Ok theres an issue with the discs , you have too download disc 2 first then disc 1 , then download the updates , now got to find receipt as it says the discs scratched and it won't read , don't you just love Christmas! :-0
  • Options
    On ps4 the battlefield online needed a 5 min patch upgrade plays brilliant

Easily the best console and easiest to set up and run straight out of the box

The wireless headphones are superb

Ps4 running like a dream
  • Options
    Got a PS4 for chrimbo (family pressie!). So easy to set up as NLA said. Being playing Marvel lego Heroes for hours totally addictive!
  • Options

On ps4 the battlefield online needed a 5 min patch upgrade plays brilliant

Easily the best console and easiest to set up and run straight out of the box

The wireless headphones are superb

Ps4 running like a dream

What headphones have you got? Been looking and can't see any that are just for the ps4 and wireless.

PS4 all day long. FIFA 14 is amazing as is bf4, thought assassins was a bit boring
  • Options
    Got them from game called 4gamers for PS4 wireless digital headset

They need good batteries but they are the nuts as good as turtle beaches

Cost 70 quid if you got a console from game 100 if you didn't

Well worth the money
  • Options
    Right.I'm a bit of a Luddite at all this.

Got my boy an xbox 360 for crimbo with fifa14. Is there any way he can play a tournament/league without having to connect to the WI Fi and Xbox live.
    Keeps saying he must be signed into xbox live to get the online features but won't let him carry on with a league.

ta in advance
  • Options

Got my boy an xbox 360 for crimbo with fifa14. Is there any way he can play a tournament/league without having to connect to the WI Fi and Xbox live.
    Keeps saying he must be signed into xbox live to get the online features but won't let him carry on with a league.

ta in advance

If he wants to play Single Player then he shouldnt have any problems playing a tournament / league - If he wants to play multiplayer for example then he'd definitely need WiFi or Xbox Live... Can have a look later when I'm home from work
  • Options

ta in advance

If he wants to play Single Player then he shouldnt have any problems playing a tournament / league - If he wants to play multiplayer for example then he'd definitely need WiFi or Xbox Live... Can have a look later when I'm home from work
    Cheers.He just wants to play single player premier league,fa cup kind of thing. Can't for the life of me see how you do it.
    Seems to keep pushing us down the 'go online.Play with 50 friends' route.

• Options
    Cancel that FA. Think daddies delivered !

Finally
  • Options
    Looks like a little bit of ps4 stock is around... think today could be the day I buckle